PDA

View Full Version : Worst Tennis-Related Pun?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
12-19-2008, 03:30 PM
What is the worst tennis related pun you've ever seen/heard? Some I've seen include:

on a grammar poster in 5th grade: "hit an ace with vowels"
on another math poster in the 8th grade: "hit the sweetspot with algebra"

Discuss:
tennis-related puns and how much you hate them

S!

Sentinel
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
the worst one's Ive heard, actually even said unintentionally while playing mixed dubs had to do with "balls" (something like "his balls" or "my balls")

I tried to avoid using the word which made it even more embarrassing. Adding tennis to it, makes it even more awkward.

retrowagen
12-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Back in the 80's, one of my tennis pals repeatedly wore a T-shirt (might easily have been a ski T-shirt, though) which simply had the slogan on it:

GIVE ME ROSSIGNOL
OR
GIVE ME HEAD

SirBlend12
12-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Back in the 80's, one of my tennis pals repeatedly wore a T-shirt (might easily have been a ski T-shirt, though) which simply had the slogan on it:

GIVE ME ROSSIGNOL
OR
GIVE ME HEAD

Hahahahahaha. That is awesome.

psp2
12-20-2008, 02:07 AM
A woman taps her strings, hears that dreadful "ping" and says 'I need a vibrator'.

My reply: "not from where I'm standing"!!!

True story..........

Matty G
12-20-2008, 02:20 AM
A woman taps her strings, hears that dreadful "ping" and says 'I need a vibrator'.

My reply: "not from where I'm standing"!!!

True story..........

You reply should have been " I hear head ones are the best"

PopWar
12-20-2008, 05:57 PM
My friend was playing with some girl (she's a tennis virgin) and he was pounding forehands against her, trying some how tough he is.
Anyways, everytime he would hit a hard forehand the girl magically returned the ball. After a few exchanges, my friend said "WOW I CANT BELIEVE SHE'S HITTING MY BALLS!!!!!" He knew it came out wrong the moment he said it.

Ooppps

RoddickAce
12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Why should you never date a tennis player? Because love means nothing in tennis.

mistapooh
12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/52kv9w.jpg

I just took this a few seconds ago. I'm not going to lie, this is one of my favorite tshirt : ). Surprisingly, my old hs tennis coach didn't get the pun.

RestockingTues
12-20-2008, 07:38 PM
My friend was playing with some girl (she's a tennis virgin) and he was pounding forehands against her, trying some how tough he is.
Anyways, everytime he would hit a hard forehand the girl magically returned the ball. After a few exchanges, my friend said "WOW I CANT BELIEVE SHE'S HITTING MY BALLS!!!!!" He knew it came out wrong the moment he said it.

Ooppps

I'd LOVE to pound some forehands with her :D

ttbrowne
12-22-2008, 05:19 AM
One day while playing mixed, my partner missed a volley hit at her feet and said, "Ya know, I have been bending over to get it way too much lately!"

As soon as she said it, she turned a beet red and started cracking up!