PDA

View Full Version : How to end a date?

0range
12-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Helpful TT members, I need some dating advice!

As a person who's not very out going at all, I never had much dating experience (almost none). Now I'm about to start going on dates, ending a date (first date, especially) in a proper way is the part I'm completely clueless about. How should I do it properly and gracefully?

Please give advice according to the following situations (especially 2 and 3):
1. I like the person a lot and I hope to see more of him in the future..
2. I like the person and I don't mind seeing him again when I have free time.
3. There's no chemistry; I hope that I don't have to go out with him again.
4. The date is awful (weird and awkward) and I want to go home!

Thanks.

0range
12-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Btw, for now please assume the guy's in his 20's, and is someone that I've met before (but we don't know each other very well)... and there're chances that we might run into each other in the future. :oops:

Puma
12-20-2008, 05:53 AM
1. Well, if you are female, tell him you had a good time and enjoyed the company. Then wait to see what he does. Just because you dig it don't mean he does. For you to have a mutally good time in the future, both of you have to enjoy it.

2. Same as #1.

3. Same as #1. If he calls then decline

4. Same as #3.

No need to be rude or cruel. Also, many first dates are awkward. Give it a chance, be open as no one is perfect and by all means don't ever settle for second best. If there is something that makes you feel awful or bad take a hike. The sea is full of fish. Don't waste time being miserable.

Puma
12-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Also, I might add, if there were any garunteed answers in black and white whereas you could just "tell" this person is right for you, life as we know it on planet earth would change over night. The thing is about relationships is, just like life, you never know whats around the next corner.

The best bet is to be yourself and you will be ok. If that doesn't work, then it wouldn't work regardless.......

samster
12-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Helpful TT members, I need some dating advice!

As a person who's not very out going at all, I never had much dating experience (almost none). Now I'm about to start going on dates, ending a date (first date, especially) in a proper way is the part I'm completely clueless about. How should I do it properly and gracefully?

Please give advice according to the following situations (especially 2 and 3):
1. I like the person very much and I hope to see him again and frequently.
2. I like the person and I don't mind seeing him/her again when I have free time.
3. There's no chemistry; I hope that I don't have to go out with him again.
4. The date is awful (weird and awkward) and I want to go home!

Thanks.

I can tell you what girls have done to me in the past...ignore my emails and phone calls. :)

10sfreak
12-20-2008, 08:19 AM
I can tell you what girls have done to me in the past...ignore my emails and phone calls. :)
Pfftt! So many of the girls I've gone out with have been mixed up in organized crime or something - they seem to always wind up in "witness protection", wherein they have to move away, change their names, and break off all contact with me!:( Oh, well...

Btw, all this time, I never knew "Orange" was a girl!!

Phil
12-20-2008, 08:30 AM
The best way to end a date is to say to him/her; "I had a great time. I'll call you later. Take it easy...", as you're putting your clothes back on and getting ready to leave his/her house/apartment.

Andres
12-20-2008, 08:39 AM
The best way to end a date is to say to him/her; "I had a great time. I'll call you later. Take it easy...", as you're putting your clothes back on and getting ready to leave his/her house/apartment.
FINALLYYYYYY !!!!!

That needed to be said :mrgreen:

goober
12-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Roll over in bed in the morning and open eyes real wide-

"Dang I must have drunk last night."

"Hey what's for breakfast?"

Breaker
12-20-2008, 09:32 AM

Hahahahhaha. Hopefully this can fit in my signature.

mikeler
12-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Then you must go on the walk of shame back to your place...

Lakoste
12-20-2008, 12:50 PM
1. Hopefully if you like the guy you'd be giving him hints throughout the night. Touching his arm, laughing at his jokes, all that crap :) Keep in mind that most guys feel pressure to impress a girl on the first date, so keep the compliments flowing if you like the guy. If the guy is shy then make sure you tell him that you had a good time, and don't be afraid to tell him to call you sometime. Also, if you don't end up getting a call, try calling him! Most guys will like that, since many don't know what a reasonable length of time is to call again.
2. Act about the same as #1, at the end of the date tell him you'll call him. Then you can decide when/if you're in the mood for another date. If you're undecided about another date, I'd typically go on another. First dates are horrible indicators of who the person actually is.
3. You seem like a nice (shy?) lass, so it I can't see you flat out denying a guy for a 2nd date. Don't say you're interested in seeing him again, but do thank him for the dinner/movie/whatever. If he calls again, then say you're busy on that day, and that you'll call him later. Usually guys get the hint when you don't call.
4. Trudge through the date and try to end it quickly with a fake sickness or something along those lines. If the guy is a ****** then ditch him.

Oh, and putting out doesn't hurt either :lol:

zacinnc78
12-20-2008, 02:04 PM
be ambiguous....drive him crazy lol

LuckyR
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
There's only two kinds of dates, not four.

1- I really like him/her and I would pretty much go along with just about anything they said/suggested.

2- Lemeouttahere.

Usually you can tell which it is in less than an hour. For #1, you need to hope that they are also having a #1, if so it doesn't matter what you do, they dig you, you dig them, it will work out.

If it's a #2, it also doesn't matter since you should go out of your way to not ever see them again.

The trouble is when it is a #1 for you and a #2 for them. Very disappointing perhaps heartbreaking, but again there is nothing you can do to change the situation, so try to get over it as easily as possble (sometimes it's not too easy).

Good luck out there.

Lejanius
12-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Having been on a lot of bad dates and dates I thought went great but my companion did not I can say just be honest

no guy likes to hear "I'll call you" or "Sure we can go out again, call me" when you don't mean it.

Be honest

That is the only advice i would give, it is way to hard to presume how you would end a date without being there personally to see how it went or what kind of time you had together, just be truthful and you should be fine.

Mansewerz
12-20-2008, 04:38 PM
You ask for your money for going on the date.....:D

PopWar
12-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Tell your date that you are a serial rapist

There problem solved