PDA

View Full Version : Good sportsmanship or bad?

dcsdiego3
12-20-2008, 02:20 PM
When playing singles with my room-mate I audibly laugh out loud if she can't get to a shot I hit. I don't laugh if I hit a clean ripped winner but if she runs her a** of and can't get to it I find it funny so I laugh. She says I am being a bad sport and get's really ****ed at me. She asked me not to do it but I do anyway because I think she is just being too sensitive. What do you all think?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
12-20-2008, 02:24 PM
That's terrible sportsmanship. Apologize right away. This happens all the time in tennis. If she can't reach it, tell her that she almost got it.

LuckyR
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
When playing singles with my room-mate I audibly laugh out loud if she can't get to a shot I hit. I don't laugh if I hit a clean ripped winner but if she runs her a** of and can't get to it I find it funny so I laugh. She says I am being a bad sport and get's really ****ed at me. She asked me not to do it but I do anyway because I think she is just being too sensitive. What do you all think?

Reread your post carefully, the answer to your question is in there...

tbini87
12-21-2008, 08:54 AM
you got to stop that. that is pretty bad. she is out there playing with you, and she doesn't need to be laughed at. it is a bad habit, and you certainly wouldn't want to do it with someone who isn't a friend, so don't make a habit of it.

NickC
12-21-2008, 09:08 AM
If you're just playing around, and she knows it's in good fun, I don't see why not, but if you're acting like a jackass whenever she can't get to a shot, calm down.

dcsdiego3
12-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Thank you all for your responses.
My confession is I am the one being laughed at. I am 50 male and my room mate is 62 female. My attitude on court is even keeled and losing to her is no big deal because I look at it as a chance to get better. I guess it bothers me most that she won't budge from her opinion that it is no big deal and that I am too Sensitive. I mean who wants to play while wishing you were good enough to blast a 2 iron first serve into your opponents face. Yikes...who needs that! So she says she and her lady friends laugh at each other all the time. Just seems classless to me.
Thanks again everyone
Mr Sensitive

mistapooh
12-21-2008, 12:13 PM
You know what you have to do now dcsdiego3. Improve faster and show her what it's all about!

dcsdiego3
12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
You know what you have to do now dcsdiego3. Improve faster and show her what it's all about!

That's a great idea...Thanks. She is no lightning in the wheels dept. but surgical if I give her anything to set up on.
Thanks all