PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Roddick vs Ginepri

Shiro
02-19-2005, 04:34 AM
Andy Roddick booked his place in the semi-finals with a 7-6 7-6

It was a tough night for Andy as he took on compatriot Robby Ginepri, but the fans in Memphis got their monies worth tonight in a heated match up.

Ginepri, who defeated American Mardy Fish en route to the quarterfinals, was 0-3 against Andy, but started out with an impressive first set, denying Andy any breakpoints on his serve. Andy also served impressively, continuing his serving streak of aces, with 12 tonight while holding off four break points as well. The tiebreak itself was competitive, finishing off the set at 9-7 at the 51 minute mark.

It was another tough fight in the second set, with Andy having trouble converting breaks of serve. He hammered out 10 aces, however, with no double faults or facing any break points. The second set was decided in another tiebreaker, with Andy winning it 7-2.

RoddickRulez
02-19-2005, 04:44 AM
Good Job Andy
i think he just needs to get this tourney under his belt and couple more hardcourts before heading off to the clay(his worst surface)

Balboa
02-19-2005, 04:47 AM
It doesn't matter how many titles he gets under his belt before the French because we all know Roddick is going to be beat in the early rounds again along with the other Americans except maybe Andre.

35ft6
02-19-2005, 05:14 AM
The girls in Memphis were feeling these two dudes, even though Ginepri's hair looks like a really bad implant job.

Everytime they went back for a towel the girls were giggling and whispering and occasionally gaping, such as when Ginepri used his shirt to wipe his face, exposing his stomach.

But they were REALLY feeling Roddick.

I think putting hot young girls in the front rows would make matches more interesting. Are you listening ATP?

Balboa
02-19-2005, 05:17 AM
I think putting hot young girls in the front rows would make matches more interesting. Are you listening ATP?

Isn't using models as ballgirls good enough?

rhubarb
02-19-2005, 05:18 AM
I think putting "hot young girls" in the front row would annoy a lot of female tennis fans. After all, don't we want to watch the ATP for what it is? If you really want sex rather than tennis, try another sport, or maybe the WTA.

Balboa
02-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Roddick injures ankle
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpb3M3YzRkBF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-memphis&prov=ap&type=lgns