PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical change of some of the past champions

joe sch
02-19-2005, 10:18 AM
If tennis and golf were not sports where success is based more on having money and access to private clubs and lessons, would there be quite a few diff past champions ? Some of the best athletes in the US are black and from the ghettos where they practice basketball all day long from childhood so its not really that surprising that a majority of the NBA records are held by black americans. If there were more tennis courts in these ghettos and thus players and coaches would the past record books have more black american champions like the William sisters and Tiger Woods in golf ?

wildbill88AA
02-19-2005, 10:29 AM
doubt it. you just dont have to be 6'9" to play tennis. and all blacks dont live in ghettos. there are plenty of public courts thoughout the usa.

Aykhan Mammadov
02-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Blacks originally are more healthier than white or yellow peoples. The proof - is every where, in running, in jumping, even came to Europian (English) football.

So I think you are right, if there were more possibilities for them and they grew in such an atmosphere there would be porbably more black tennis players than white. Look at Serena and you will understand that she wins just because of natural healthy, gift given from the God. Her sister is more talented but weaker physically.

Your words also may be proven on the example of so called yellow peoples. China wins 3-d or 2-nd place in Olympic games, but tennis is not so popular there ( not table tennis of course !!!!).

nkhera1
02-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Maybe in tennis, but i doubt golf because most golf players aren't that strong, they have good technique. I mean i'm not saying Blacks couldn't be good, i'm just saying they wouldn't dominate.

Tennis maybe different because there are fast Blacks (just as there are fast people from all backgrounds), and maybe they would have lots of power like the Williams sisters.

Aykhan Mammadov
02-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Yes, of course, I meant only tennis.

Chadwixx
02-19-2005, 03:21 PM
i thought tiger woods was asian or something, not black.

dAgEnIuS
02-19-2005, 03:29 PM
i thought tiger woods was asian or something, not black.

you are not serious......

Chadwixx
02-19-2005, 03:34 PM
you are not serious......

"He is the son of Earl Woods, a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, and his wife, Kultida, a native of Thailand. He was nicknamed Tiger after a Vietnamese soldier and friend of his father, Vuong Dang Phong, to whom his father had also given that nickname"

give me a few mins ill remember what i heard, but his mom isnt black.

joe sch
02-19-2005, 04:30 PM
This hypothetical question is more of issue regarding wealth and the ability to pay for memberships in private tennis and country clubs and provide lessons for children rather than a white vs black issue. I think that tennis and golf require more skills rather than size and power like basketball and football but I also believe that there would be more of the taller super athletic player that you see in the NBA in tennis if there were more courts and programs in the less affluent areas. I think the William sisters are examples of these type of athletes and tiger Woods maybe more athletic than most golfers but still a example of a very naturally gifted person who developed superb golfing skills by practicing long hours most of his life.

AndrewD
02-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm sure there would be a few, but you'd probably find there would have been many, many more champions to come out of South American countries. Tennis might be white and middle class in the states (and here in Australia) but in so many places in South America it is only available to the wealthiest sectors of the community.

joe sch
02-20-2005, 06:51 AM
I'm sure there would be a few, but you'd probably find there would have been many, many more champions to come out of South American countries. Tennis might be white and middle class in the states (and here in Australia) but in so many places in South America it is only available to the wealthiest sectors of the community.

Thanks AndrewD, this is exactly the point Im trying to make.

driger
02-20-2005, 07:56 AM
......and like all whites have access to country clubs and private lessons from day one.
wish somebody woulda told my parents. how bout the asian countrys. suppose theyd generate a few pros out of the billions of people.

Camilio Pascual
02-21-2005, 04:14 AM
......and like all whites have access to country clubs and private lessons from day one.
wish somebody woulda told my parents.

The point being that whites are the vast majority who do have access, not that the vast majority of whites have access.