PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

Tikiman53
12-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Any of you blog?

I just made one on blogger.com, but I'm new to the whole thing so I don't really know how to do it. Am I right in thinking that it's like a diary of some sort where everyone can read it and comment? I don't know if I even picked a good site to blog on. I just googled 'blogs'. Lol

So what are your thoughts on blogging? Waste of time? Good stress reliever? Any of you mind sharing links to your own?

pro_staff
12-26-2008, 12:57 AM
I have a blog on blogger.com as well. I mainly use it to keep in touch with my friends who are away for college. I personally don't blog very often because I would much rather talk to people about my life as opposed to writing it down but some people just like to write things down.
Some people have blogs to talk about a specific topic.

mistapooh
12-26-2008, 01:10 AM
I have a xanga that I started in March. It really helps putting things down into words, and it helps get me to be more eloquent in my writing. I use it mostly like a diary, so I don't write to a specific person. It would be neat to look back after a few years and see how my thought process changes.

Janne
12-26-2008, 07:37 AM
I was asked by an e-friend if I wanted to start a blog together with him. I accepted his offer. We got the site up and running about a month ago, give or take. We've managed to recruit 4 or 5 contributors and I'm really starting to warm up to the blog. It's fun reading others' stories and I find it a good way to improve my literary skills as they need a bit of fine polishing, me being a Finn and whatnot.

http://everythingbetweenheavenandhell.blogspot.com/ - Read it. Love it. Comment on it.

PS: We found that blogspot was pretty user-friendly and the layout is quite nice: clean and elegant. If anyone is interested in starting their own blog, I'd recommend giving blogspot a try. Cheers.

Tikiman53
12-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Do you guys know how the whole HTML thing works? So you find some codes and you insert them into the HTML of the blog for cool effects?

Fee
12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Do you guys know how the whole HTML thing works? So you find some codes and you insert them into the HTML of the blog for cool effects?

You might want to rethink the whole blog thing. I'm not sure what college admissions officers are doing, but I know that many employers use internet searches to conduct background checks and people have lost offers because of the content of their facebook/myspace/blog pages. If you decide to continue, be careful and remember that once you put it out there it may be seen by ANYONE and it could be very hard to get it back. I have a private, password only blog on diaryland, but I haven't updated it in a long time.

Try this site for basic html help (ignore the girly graphics, the author is actually a teenager. She's pretty good). http://www.lissaexplains.com/

Tikiman53
12-26-2008, 09:57 PM
You might want to rethink the whole blog thing. I'm not sure what college admissions officers are doing, but I know that many employers use internet searches to conduct background checks and people have lost offers because of the content of their facebook/myspace/blog pages. If you decide to continue, be careful and remember that once you put it out there it may be seen by ANYONE and it could be very hard to get it back. I have a private, password only blog on diaryland, but I haven't updated it in a long time.

Try this site for basic html help (ignore the girly graphics, the author is actually a teenager. She's pretty good). http://www.lissaexplains.com/

lol, that's scary. Thanks for the link