PDA

View Full Version : best tennis quote

joshburger
12-26-2008, 04:48 AM
my opinon is "Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row!"

ayuname
12-26-2008, 06:20 AM
"Oh lala Oh lala" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJq5KAoBUk)

Underhand
12-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Sharapova:
"Allez up your ****in' ***!"

jim e
12-26-2008, 06:51 AM
"You Cannot Be Serious ".

BestLefty UK
12-26-2008, 06:56 AM
"As fresh as a goose" Boris Becker said this one time in the Wimbledon studio.

"I threw the kitchen sink at roger, and he went and got the tub" Andy Roddick

SAFINATORZ
12-26-2008, 07:23 AM
"this f**king guy looks like he's falling into a grave and he's still serving 90 mile per hour bullets"
Courier '96 french open

SAFINATORZ
12-26-2008, 07:23 AM
"answer the question, jerk!"
Mcenroe

game set match 46 TIMES!!
12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
"that ball was out"!

Mick
12-26-2008, 07:41 AM
"Experience is a great advantage. The problem is that when you get the experience, you're too damned old to do anything about it."

-- Jimmy Connors

RoddickAce
12-26-2008, 07:43 AM
"Stay in school kids! Or you’ll end up being an umpire!" Roddick

El Diablo
12-26-2008, 07:48 AM
"It's not worth it"
Lendl, to his agent Donald Dell, when Dell pointed out that if Lendl would just smile a little when he did interviews, he could get another one or two million dollars worth of endorsements.

slice bh compliment
12-26-2008, 08:06 AM
"Tennis.
The jumbo jet sport of the 1970's
heralds its heroes noisily
[planes fly over Forest Hills].
Playing for purses of up to $25,000 ...."

-John Facenta, voice of NFL Films doing a Gene Scott film called The Pros, about the 1972 US Open.

I didn't get beat. I just ran out of time.
--Jimmy Connors.

!<-_->!
12-26-2008, 08:17 AM
"The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose."

slice bh compliment
12-26-2008, 10:38 AM
These are jewels ones from a I got as a gift back when I was a teaching pro and coach. The book is entitled, The Tennis Lover's Book of Wisdom, compiled and edited by Criswell Freeman.

Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquility.
--BJ King

Tennis is the sport for a lifetime.
--Rod Laver

The basic law of tennis: Learn to hit the same old boring winner.
--Vic Braden

Learn a lesson every time you lose.
--John McEnroe

We're playing a sport. A lot of times, guys forget it's a game. That's not how it should be, it should be fun.
--Yannick Noah

Fortune favors the brave.
--John Newcombe

Pressure is the ultimate lie detector. That's when strokes speak the truth.
--Brad Gilbert

Sportsmanship is the essence of the game.
--Rod Laver

GS
12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
How about the funniest tennis quotes?
"80% of the women on the WTA Tour are fat, lazy pigs. I'm sorry, I was wrong in saying that---it's 85%." Richard Krajicek
"I still break racquets, but now in a positive way." Goran Ivanisevic

Mdubb23
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
"Winning a tennis match is easy. All you have to do is win the last point."--Vitas Gerulaitis

Sentinel
12-27-2008, 04:09 AM
when and against whom did these 2 happen ???

Sharapova:

"this f**king guy looks like he's falling into a grave and he's still serving 90 mile per hour bullets"
Courier '96 french open

lovecr717
12-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Mcenroe

This is a classic

slice bh compliment
12-27-2008, 05:00 AM
Sharapova:

^Yeah...when was this one?^ I'm guessing it was against Sesil Karatancheva? Total guess, though. Or maybe against someone who speaks French, like Justine?

Courier '96 french open

This one was in either the 4th rd or the qtrs of Roland Garos against Pete. Courier had won the first two sets and was probably feeling good..until Pete got tired and started serving bombs and shortening the points. If I recall correctly, Pete won the last 3 sets 5, 4 and 4....a bit like the Lendl over Mac 84 final.

'96 was the year Pete had his only great run there. He had beaten the great Sergi Bruguera earlier that week.

Sentinel
12-27-2008, 06:42 AM
This one was in either the 4th rd or the qtrs of Roland Garos against Pete. Courier had won the first two sets and was probably feeling good..until Pete got tired and started serving bombs and shortening the points. If I recall correctly, Pete won the last 3 sets 5, 4 and 4....a bit like the Lendl over Mac 84 final.

'96 was the year Pete had his only great run there. He had beaten the great Sergi Bruguera earlier that week.

haha, i love that line: "got tired and started serving bombs."
But 90mph bullets? Surely they were'nt THAT slow.

tenzinrocks
12-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Vamos Rafa!

SAFINATORZ
12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Pete played well in the qtr final match. Remember pete's a spot server, his serve is very unique & you can never read 'em. The court did play a bit fast towards the end of the match. Courier was pretty much done, once pete got into a groove.

haha, i love that line: "got tired and started serving bombs."
But 90mph bullets? Surely they were'nt THAT slow.

baseline08thrasher
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
OMG THIS ****ENNN IDIOT,
WHat is wrong with you?
You can't even hit the ball!
You stupid pusher
GO PLAY SOME REAL TENNIS!
By me....
=]

Oh..
and one more

UGGGG!!!!!
And then i hit the ball out of the court.
hahahaha. jk

lawlitssoo1n
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
"Tennis is a mental game. In terms of playing ability there is nothing between number 1 and 100. Instead, it's a question of who believes and who wants it more? Which player is going to fight the hardest in the big points? These are the things that redetermine who is the champion."
-Novack Djokovic-

i saw this on the adidas website :D

Sentinel
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Mcenroe
Guess this was said to an umpire.

Any more details ? What was the question and who did he say this to ?