PDA

View Full Version : Reward! any 4.5 who can beat me in Tampa/Bradenton area

rallyjunkie
12-26-2008, 10:31 AM
REward of $10 for any 4.5 player who can beat me! Can meet up in between Tampa-BRadenton area. any surface

email: thereisnojoybutcalm@yahoo.com

Cheers,
RJ (Rally Junkie)

randomname
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
talk about arrogance...

autumn_leaf
12-26-2008, 06:06 PM
talk about arrogance...

not arrogance, just an initiative to show up and play :)

dennis10is
12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
REward of $10 for any 4.5 player who can beat me! Can meet up in between Tampa-BRadenton area. any surface

Cheers,
RJ (Rally Junkie)

If I'm a 2.5 and I beat you, I won't collect the reward?

Also, 10 dollars is not a lot of money. How about 2000 dollars. That would pay for my trip down to Florida. Have you made 2K in your young life yet?

maratsafin5
12-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Why is everybody being an *******? From the stupid remarks to insults, just stop. The guy wants somebody to hit with and play with(because a lot of us don't have hitting partners as we aren't on the ATP tour), so he is throwing an initiative in it to motivate people to play him. Making $10 for less than one hour isn't that bad if you're enjoying yourself and having fun.

dennis10is
12-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Why is everybody being an *******? From the stupid remarks to insults, just stop. The guy wants somebody to hit with and play with(because a lot of us don't have hitting partners as we aren't on the ATP tour), so he is throwing an initiative in it to motivate people to play him. Making $10 for less than one hour isn't that bad if you're enjoying yourself and having fun.

If you don't understand why the OP's post is a sign of arrogance usually attributed to a young person say in high school or somewhat immature college aged person.

Understand the implied statements: he's saying that he's a 4.5. He's implying that he's tough to beat. He's saying that he lives in an area that is a tennis hot bed in the US. Where the temperature is warm and nice to play outdoor tennis in December and he needs a 10 dollar reward to find someone to play and maybe beat him?

If you are a 4.5 in Bradenton Florida you don't need to find tennis partners.

I grew up in So Cal, and if a 4.5 tennis player complains that he can't find opponent well, that's a bit silly and fake.

maratsafin5
12-26-2008, 06:51 PM
If you don't understand why the OP's post is a sign of arrogance usually attributed to a young person say in high school or somewhat immature college aged person.

Understand the implied statements: he's saying that he's a 4.5. He's implying that he's tough to beat. He's saying that he lives in an area that is a tennis hot bed in the US. Where the temperature is warm and nice to play outdoor tennis in December and he needs a 10 dollar reward to find someone to play and maybe beat him?

I grew up in So Cal, and if a 4.5 tennis player complains that he can't find opponent well, that's a bit silly and fake.

Him living in Brandenton and his tennis career are just a coincidence, because if he lived in Brandenton just for the tennis, he would have to be much higher than a 4.5. Also, people live in Brandenton not necessarily for a tennis life. It just so happens that he ended up living in a place where tennis is popular. So people in Brandenton who play competitive tennis are more like strong 5.0's and higher. This guy is not so competitive or of that talent where he can contend with the upper echelons of Brandenton so he needs somebody who is not the greatest, yet will give him company.

RestockingTues
12-26-2008, 07:08 PM

He's not necessarily a 4.5; he might be a 3.5 that's looking for a hitting partner or someone to play a set with. A lot of college players charge $20 or $15 an hour as hitting partners...
And if you're a low level player, you can't find too many people to hit with because everyone's either lazy/doesn't have tennis as their priority/busy with coach so they won't be stuck as a 3.5.

Mick
12-26-2008, 07:16 PM
yogi bera said it's not bragging (or arrogant, in this case) if you can do what you say you can do. maybe rallyjunkie is a very good 4.5 player :)

drakulie
12-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I'll give a shout out to James Blake. I believe he is close to the areA.

RestockingTues
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll give a shout out to James Blake. I believe he is close to the areA.

Are you implying that he's a 4.5? :)

RoddickAce
12-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Are you implying that he's a 4.5? :)
LOLZ! I missed that! Maybe compared to Drak, Blake is a 4.5 ;).

maratsafin5
12-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeh, 4.5 times better

DJG
12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
This is funny. I suppose it is one way of enticing people to play with you - good luck in finding some extra playing buddies :)

dennis10is
12-27-2008, 07:22 AM
He's not necessarily a 4.5; he might be a 3.5 that's looking for a hitting partner or someone to play a set with. A lot of college players charge $20 or $15 an hour as hitting partners...
And if you're a low level player, you can't find too many people to hit with because everyone's either lazy/doesn't have tennis as their priority/busy with coach so they won't be stuck as a 3.5.

If he's a 3.5, he should say, I'll pay someone who is 4.5 to hit with me and I'll pay them 10 dollars for their time. The OP did not say that. He said "A 10 dollar reward if a 4.5 can beat him. That's completely different statement.

If he wants to hit with a college player or a good junior, he should have said that and he would have to pay the up front because who would play set with someone who is so much weaker?

Again, his posting sound silly or fake. It makes no sense. An area with high level of tennis would also have player of lesser abilities. I assume with the offer of only 10 dollars that the OP is young, a junior who can compete at the 4.5 level is pretty decent. He would have had partners to hit and practice with, especially around Bradenton. Hence, it makes no sense that he would need to advertise.

If he's a weaker player, then he should have just ask for hitting partners and pay them unconditionally.

BTW, I find paying someone if they win violates the amateur spirit of tennis. Unless, you are a pro or you are an adult and you are into gambling, amateur should not be earning money, no matter how low. It is a different matter if you are playing Open level tournaments.

Booyah
12-27-2008, 08:42 AM
hmm... how about we stop analyzing what he said and maybe someone should actually go play him if they live in the area, and report back.

bad_call
12-27-2008, 09:34 AM
i thrashed a 4.5 who imo is a 3.0+. but the OP could be a 5.5 just fishing to see who would show. could be fun...

smoothtennis
12-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Geez guys, sounds like a simple thing and fun.

Who cares if he is young or arrogant or if he isn't. Some people get so offended over nothing. Sounds fun to me.

steebo
12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I am at the point where I have to offer $10 for any level player to let me win!

Droofin
12-27-2008, 10:25 AM
translation: looking for $10/hour playing lesson.

davidahenry
12-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I agree that the OP could have worded it a little differently - with a little more tact.

Nevertheless, perhaps he is just struggling to find hitting partners. This past summer, I just started playing tennis again after an 8 year absence from the game (shoulder injury). My old tennis network of friends and hitting partners completely went away during that time. So when I started playing again, I struggled BIG TIME finding people with which to hit. As of November 1st, my son and I joined a local club, and now I have requests to join USTA leagues left and right. :) It is nice to have plently of hitting partners now, but during my first few months back, hitting partners were scarce.

I guess I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, but perhaps he is in a similar situation to my predicament.

If his intentions were different, then oh wll, joke is on me. No lost sleep over it.

Take care.

DH

raiden031
12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Some people need to lighten up. This is a message board. The guy is just trying to have some fun and bring on some challengers. Who gives a crap what his true level is or intentions are.

rallyjunkie
12-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Dang, some overreations here! Just came down here to visit for a few weeks - the guy I was supposed to play is having $ problems and the other guy is dodging me - and would like to find some new battle partners. Don't know many good 4.5s here in this area and it's always great to find a really good new match. Hopefully someone will respond on here. Just having fun lighten up mates!

A true 4.5, ranked top 15 in the Eastern 35s.

atatu
12-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Dang, some overreations here! Just came down here to visit for a few weeks - the guy I was supposed to play is having $ problems and the other guy is dodging me - and would like to find some new battle partners. Don't know many good 4.5s here in this area and it's always great to find a really good new match. Hopefully someone will respond on here. Just having fun lighten up mates!

Any chance you want to come down to Sanibel/Captiva ? I'll be here until Jan. 2nd. and I'm a computer ranked 4.5...

rallyjunkie
12-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Where is Sanibel Captiva? never even heard of it? Is it south of Fort Myers even? Maybe we can meet halfway somewhere. I dont really want to drive over an hour, though if another week goes by with no hit, i might drive to miami and play that king of the court thing at Flamingo Park,

bad_call
12-27-2008, 01:16 PM

alright...sounds like the real deal here. come on Tampa players. sorry but i'm in Otown which is a couple hours away otherwise i'd be happy to collect the $10. btw - are u near any har-tru courts?

atatu
12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
It's right by Ft. Myers, so it's pretty far for you. I would meet you halfway but my wife would not be happy. You should check craigslist, there is some guy in Tampa offering lessons for $35/hr. says he played D1 college tennis.

austintennis2005
12-28-2008, 09:46 AM
It's right by Ft. Myers, so it's pretty far for you. I would meet you halfway but my wife would not be happy. You should check craigslist, there is some guy in Tampa offering lessons for $35/hr. says he played D1 college tennis.

hey anthony, must be nice there in FL, its pretty chilly here, gonna try to hit with jack later today.

cheers, chris.

atatu
12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
hey anthony, must be nice there in FL, its pretty chilly here, gonna try to hit with jack later today.

cheers, chris.

CM, yeah, it's great down here, weather in the 80's, played on some really nice clay yesterday. I'll be back in Austin this weekend.

HoboWithARolex
12-30-2008, 07:56 PM
im about a 3.0 and ill hit with you in st pete

baseline08thrasher
12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
A lot of college players charge $20 or $15 an hour as hitting partners...

Mine costs 25 dollars an hour.
:(

Well worth it though.

bet
12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Man this forum is full of nutjobs and simpletons. There's no implied arrogance here. It appears to quite obviously be a lighthearted way to look for new opponents/playing partners. I'm glad at least a few see that.

Ridiculous.

1.by limiting it to 4.5, he's already acknowledging that there are many who could beat him
2.he knows 10$ is "not a lot of money". It's just a fun way to issue a challenge, with an amount he's willing to lose. If he was arrogant, he'd say "10000$" In fact, I doubt he expected to pay the money at all, I doubt he thought people would take him so seriously as to meet up with him just to win the 10$.

bet
12-31-2008, 06:36 PM

No, he's not implying any of that. There are other plausible explanations:
1.he's not 4.5 but he's looking for better players who can beat him
2.he's wants to find new partners and is willing to part with 10$ to do so(most likely in my opinion)

I think it UNLIKELY that he "needs a 10 dollar reward to find someone to play and beat him". That, of course, is a token amount and hardly a bounty to entice the best and greatest.

Furthermore, he's openly implied that, even if he is a 4.5, there are many players who can beat him ie 4.5+. This hardly smacks of arrogance.

Any 5.0 could claim to be 4.5 and show up and beat him and get the "grand": prize, the money has nothing to do with it. I suspect this was simply an attempt to make a catchy thread and give people something to respond to. He's probably wondering right now why he'd ever want to play some of the people given the responses he's gotten here!

bet
12-31-2008, 06:42 PM

Indeed. I am glad to see even some "young" people get it! This was a sad display. As if the 10$ reward was "serious" because he truly believes no 4.5 can beat him....it's not even arrogant as he clearly admits by default that 4.5+ can beat him!

Ethan04
12-31-2008, 08:38 PM
He's probably a 4.5 or less player looking for people to play serious games with. He probably doesn't know many players in his area.

rallyjunkie
01-01-2009, 04:22 AM
FLASH UPDATE!

THree victims have attempted to knock me off and three have failed. The first was a high school senior (team first singles player) here in Bradenton, he had me 61 53 but couldn't finish as I managed to turn it around 16 75 61.

THe next was a rematch from two years ago where this crafty old 55s player with tons of spin beat me in a 21 21-19. But I believe I was tired after two sets before that and he was fresh. A mutual playing partner who is on hiatus gave me his # and ddin't even know it was him till he showed up. Got him good this time 61 60, but he had every excuse - didn't warm up enough, sun was in his eyes on the one side, couldn't read the drop shot becuz of the sun, worked all day, TV repairman came over that day, didn't play his best, didn't feel sharp. He promised he'd give me a much better match next time, to which I replied We'll see about that.

Yesterday was the best one though. Clay court lefty who plays every day down here. A mutual friend put us together. Very tough tricky player. He won 62 then the second set went to TB (I blew a point to go up 4-1 in the set), it was at 5-5, then I won the next two points to force a third.

He was up 4-1 and 5-2 then I turned it around, Just a brutal war of a match, every point a war, so many ebbs and flows. The ultimate match we play this sport for. Three hours of battling it out on clay. I came back and started grunting and flowing and feeling it, got itback to 4-5 on serve. I then went up 30-0 and he retired with a cramp. But I know I was going to win, (so did he). Classic war, classic match, we talked for 30 minutes after, just this was what tennis is all about, two evenly matched players grinding it out down to the wire.

Who's NEXT?!

bad_call
01-01-2009, 06:16 AM
RJ - sounds like u got in some good tennis. :)

nationals
01-01-2009, 06:48 AM
im about a 3.0 and ill hit with you in st pete

How about Dunedin?

ssjkyle31
01-01-2009, 08:45 AM

Do you play like this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzLOPsME354

rallyjunkie
01-02-2009, 04:51 AM
It's hard to tell on video. Depends how the opponent is hitting, this guy looks very good. But I've seen guys play thinking Oh this will be a hard match and I win in straights, or look at a guy and say oh he is easy and it's anything but. It's hard to go off looking at a guy play to judge anything.

rallyjunkie
01-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Yo Nationals; I will be in Tampa by the St. Pete Forum from 11-1 on Sat. I can go to Dunedin after or somehwere between. If you can do it call me on my cell 941-830-1529, Thanks RJ

Jackie T. Stephens
01-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm a Junior.. I live in Miami, uppen the price.

Mick
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
FLASH UPDATE!

THree victims have attempted to knock me off and three have failed.
Who's NEXT?!

where is James Blake when you need him :)

dennis10is
01-02-2009, 05:32 PM
No, he's not implying any of that. There are other plausible explanations:
1.he's not 4.5 but he's looking for better players who can beat him
2.he's wants to find new partners and is willing to part with 10$ to do so(most likely in my opinion)

I think it UNLIKELY that he "needs a 10 dollar reward to find someone to play and beat him". That, of course, is a token amount and hardly a bounty to entice the best and greatest.

Furthermore, he's openly implied that, even if he is a 4.5, there are many players who can beat him ie 4.5+. This hardly smacks of arrogance.

Any 5.0 could claim to be 4.5 and show up and beat him and get the "grand": prize, the money has nothing to do with it. I suspect this was simply an attempt to make a catchy thread and give people something to respond to. He's probably wondering right now why he'd ever want to play some of the people given the responses he's gotten here!

I still stand by my first impression that something is fishy with him. Now, he is bragging that he has been three challengers, all come from behind three setters too.

nationals
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Yo Nationals; I will be in Tampa by the St. Pete Forum from 11-1 on Sat. I can go to Dunedin after or somehwere between. If you can do it call me on my cell 941-830-1529, Thanks RJ

Hey RJ i only visit there for two weeks in april, i don't live there sorry if i mislead you, but will you be there in april?

ssjkyle31
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Are you planning any trips to SOCAL or NORCAL?

nationals
01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
haha i wish!

rallyjunkie
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Jackie; Yeah I might be in Miami soon, will give you a heads up if so, we can play at Flamingo Park maybe.

DennisTennis; Three matches, one was a 6-1 6-0 win, the other two were battles. I'm 4.5, you can see my ranking at Eastern 35s #12.

Might be going to SF sometime this year, will let you know.

Come on, isn't there anyone out there game for the challenge?! Three matches all came from other references, no one here in TW has stepped up. Where are the fearless tennis adventurers?

Mick
01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
did the losers pay up ? or was the offer only good one way ? :)

nationals
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Jackie; Yeah I might be in Miami soon, will give you a heads up if so, we can play at Flamingo Park maybe.

DennisTennis; Three matches, one was a 6-1 6-0 win, the other two were battles. I'm 4.5, you can see my ranking at Eastern 35s #12.

Come on, isn't there anyone out there game for the challenge?! Three matches all came from other references, no one here in TW has stepped up. Where are the fearless tennis adventurers?

Come april its on!

Jackie T. Stephens
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM

My old coach coaches there! Perfect!

rallyjunkie
01-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Now don't Start me up Mick, the bet is one way, whoever beats me gets the 10 spot, not interested in winning anyone's ten, winning against a new challenger is my Satisfaction :)

Nationals: I live in NJ and will be long gone by then, just down here for over a month total.

Jackie: I gonna teach you a lesson at Flamingo! We keep in touch here okay? will let you know when we can play. Cheers, RJ

Tennisguy777
01-03-2009, 04:57 AM
I live in philly when we playing?

fleabitten
01-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Great challenge rallyjunkie! I don't know why people are giving you so much crap about it. Too many sensitive children... You should challenge the members of the Tampa Tennis Group too. There's 106 players and a lot are 4.5
http://www.tennisopolis.com/group/tampabrandon

fb

Cheers,
RJ (Rally Junkie)

fleabitten
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Are you planning any trips to SOCAL or NORCAL?

SOCAL OR NORCAL???? :roll:
Couldn't you just say California or CAL (if you need to be hip.)
Unless of course there is an ECAL and WESCAL that I've never heard of.
:-)

ssjkyle31
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
That because the USTA divides California into two regions

rallyjunkie
01-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Thank you Fleab for that, I joined yestrday, hopefully someone will step up from there unlike on here;

Philly is my birthplace, maybe we can play in spring when back up north. would love to play in philly then catch a Flyers game at night.

LanceStern
01-05-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm a San Diegan... if you're ever down here send me a PM.

I can keep up with pace hitters for the most part, but sometimes just be off. ARound 4.0 but never really got computer ranked or anything

rallyjunkie
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Lance; Haven't been to SD since 92. Don't know when will go to that beautiful place again.

onehandbh
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
There are a bunch of TWer's in Los Angeles also, like alpinecadet, skraggle,
etc. that you could play if you come visit.

Play Drakulie (Florida somewhere?). I'll up the ante. I'll throw in a vibration
dampener and a left sock(yes. only one sock. I can't find the right one) to the winner.

Moz
01-07-2009, 03:21 AM
I'll up the ante. I'll throw in a vibration
dampener and a left sock(yes. only one sock. I can't find the right one) to the winner.

Is that open to anyone? I might fly over as long as you haven't washed it.

rallyjunkie
01-07-2009, 04:36 AM
That's the spirit! thanks guys, I'm gonna throw in a bottle of Gatorade and a can of slightly used balls to up the ante. THey were only used just for one set.

still no one is stepping up but that junior kid from Miami Jackiestephens. Heck I even joined somethng called tennisoppolis with 105 members in Tampa area - says the director - but still nobody wants to play.

I guess the conclusion is clear: most tennis players lack cojones!

onehandbh
01-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I'll throw in a vibration

Is that open to anyone? I might fly over as long as you haven't washed it.

Yes, still unwashed. I was going to donate it to a one-legged pirate, but
I'll save it since there appears to be a demand for it.

btw, if you come by Los Angeles / socal, I know of a couple good tennis
instructors that could help you with your serve and also a *REALLY* good
physical therapist. I rolled my ankle (playing basketball) to the point where
the outer ankle bone bounced off of the ground. Serious pain. After one
PAINFUL treatment, I was up and running again.

drop volley
01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
hmm... how about we stop analyzing what he said and maybe someone should actually go play him if they live in the area, and report back.

amen. In the time required for posters to slam the guy looking for a match, at least two matches could have been scheduled by email. jeez, not everybody who is a 4.5 lives in an area overflowing with players seeking pickup matches..

FastFreddy
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I checked out your ranking did you finish the year #12 in the 35's in the east.
If thats you I saw you played and lost to my friend Sadik Sendich who is 46 years old. 6-4 3-6, 1-0(4). I don't understand the score in the last set was it a one game tie break or did you retire? I haven't played with him in 10 years since moving to So Cal, but he was good ten years ago ranked as high as #4 in the mens open.

rallyjunkie
01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
#13 last year (2008) last i looked. Played Sadik this year and lost 63 60 on red clay, but after playing a long three setter earlier the same day in the summer heat. But Sadik is a great player and have never taken a set off him in three meetings. He is still amazing player, though is knees are not 100%. TOUGH player.

FastFreddy
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't feel to bad I started hitting and drilling with Sadik back in 1991 thur 1999 and never taken a set off him. I only took one tie break set in a drill one time. He has the best serve I ever played with since he can go down the t on both sides. Also out wide on both sides and at your body each hip. I could not tell from his toss where he was going plus he serve was very clutch if he needed a big serve on break point he got it. Everone thinks a great serve is only mph not the case a perfectly placed serve and mixed up locations doesn't need to be 130's.

We also played some doubles too. I think he's been playing mens open touraments since 1985 plus he played in HS and College for St Cloud Minn and the College of Staten Island. He will play tennis for 10 months a year up to 20 touraments and play hockey for two months. Did you ever play Ed Perpetura or Robert Bull if so how did you do?

rallyjunkie
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
He's a helluva player. I've seen him in deep trouble and pull out amazing wins. Yeah that serve is deadly and his gstrokes get the job done. THis year I was with him neck and neck just about in the first set 4-3 but then he put it in a higher gear.

I played him in my first USTA tournament ever in around 2003 on astroturf 62 61. then on green clay in 2004 60 60. and this summer on red clay 63 60. So there's a long way to go to upset a player like him.

Seen Bull and Perpetua play next court over once each. They are above my level for sure. But if I had started playing as a kid and played high school and college and gained that experience, I'd whoop em :) I played my first tournament at 31, after about 7 years of hacking around part time here and there after college.

Best player I ever played was Adrian Chirici or Raj Vaswani. Got one game off Vaswani indoors in two matches vs. each, four total.

FastFreddy
01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
He doesn't really have any weakness very good serve, overhead is very good I should know I been on the other side for overhead drills. Volleys and touch is very good and slice approach is great short slice and he mixes in the deep slice and can drop shot the approach. I hated when I served and volley and he would chip and charge and volley my frist volley. He always wanted more power he used the prince thunderstick. The only thing you could be picky about his game sometimes he would just slice his backhand instead of coming over it. I think he would do that if he are a little tired or lacking tennis match shape. Sorry to hear about his knees. Wow you started at 31 I thought I started late at 24 my first tourament playing the #1 girl in the east I lost like 2 and 3. I played Sadik only once in a tourament and lost 6-2 6-3. Had 3 break points in the 2nd set but pulled my forehand wide on one or those points. So how old are you 36?

Kal-El 34
01-13-2009, 05:56 AM

Cheers,
RJ (Rally Junkie)

make it $500 to be interesting and im in haha.. although im not a 4.5

ryangoring
01-13-2009, 06:10 AM
^^ i'll pay to see that one! lol!
Hey Kal-El34 if he wins i'll pay him the 10 dollars for you.
haha.

mrmo1115
01-13-2009, 06:12 AM
He's a helluva player. I've seen him in deep trouble and pull out amazing wins. Yeah that serve is deadly and his gstrokes get the job done. THis year I was with him neck and neck just about in the first set 4-3 but then he put it in a higher gear.

I played him in my first USTA tournament ever in around 2003 on astroturf 62 61. then on green clay in 2004 60 60. and this summer on red clay 63 60. So there's a long way to go to upset a player like him.

Seen Bull and Perpetua play next court over once each. They are above my level for sure. But if I had started playing as a kid and played high school and college and gained that experience, I'd whoop em :) I played my first tournament at 31, after about 7 years of hacking around part time here and there after college.

Best player I ever played was Adrian Chirici or Raj Vaswani. Got one game off Vaswani indoors in two matches vs. each, four total.

Adrian? He coaches at my former club and he coaches alot of my friends. Amazing eh? I haven't seen him play seriously though ... all the times I have seen him play. How does he play and what was your experience with him? And where did you play him, if you don't mind answering. :)

Moz
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, still unwashed. I was going to donate it to a one-legged pirate, but
I'll save it since there appears to be a demand for it.

btw, if you come by Los Angeles / socal, I know of a couple good tennis
instructors that could help you with your serve and also a *REALLY* good
physical therapist. I rolled my ankle (playing basketball) to the point where
the outer ankle bone bounced off of the ground. Serious pain. After one
PAINFUL treatment, I was up and running again.

Missed this post before. Thanks for the information.

rallyjunkie
01-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Kal El 34, what level you about? you in Chicago? im going to Chi this summer.

Mrmo, Chirici is amazing player. "Gargantuan" forehand as one guy calls it. But he plays every point like Nadal, full out. Even if he's killing you he is playing at full intensity 150%. Just a beast. His backhand is excellent too but the forehand is extraordinary.

Nice guy, we talked a while at one tournament, told some funny stories. about a fight on court at a state tournament and the next court over a doubles player was an FBI agent and pulled out a gun to break it up. crazy story but classic.

rallyjunkie
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
played twice vs. Chirici, once at Cunningham Park in 07 final (I made $100 for making finals) 06 06. and again at USTA natl tennis center last year, same score 06 06. had some game points in both matches but failed to convert.