PDA

View Full Version : Greatest comeback of your tennis career?

rallyjunkie
12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
what is it? what is your best comeback from the dead to the joy of victory?

I know a guy who saved 10 MPS in a college match. And a story of being down 6-0 3-0 then coming back to win 0-6, 7-5, 6-3.

Let's hear your stories...it's always a pleasure to hear stories about great inspiring comebacks. Never give up!

split-step
12-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Last year I won a match 0-6, 7-5, 6-3
This was such an amazing match for me because the guy had beaten me the last 5 times we played.
That was probably the most mentally tough I've ever been in a match.

About 3 weeks ago I won a match 0-6, 6-3, 6-2
This was a funny match because it was SO windy and the sun was directly overhead and I couldn't focus at all in the first set.
Somewhere during the second set somehow I totally focused and got in the mental zone served the best I have all year.
faced 1 break point in the last 2 sets. 12 service games.

Snuh
12-26-2008, 12:40 PM
At a USTA tournament, came back from a 5-1 deficit to win it 7-5 then won the next set 6-2. Its was pretty sweet although Im not sure IF I have one sweeter. Just woke up, so Ill think about it.

Hokiez
12-26-2008, 01:32 PM
1-6, 6-0, 10-1 in the TB

Was also down 1-5 in doubles, won that set 7-6, down 0-5 in the second, won it 7-6.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Park District League Tennis, about 3 years ago. My team had to win one final meet to get in the playoffs. I won my singles match 6-4, 6-4. After the doubles team lost, the second singles player hurt his knee. I had to take over exhausted from my match and my injured teammate being down 5-0, 4-0. I came back to win that set 6-4. Then after a really long set, I finally won the match 7-5. We went on to take 2nd place that year and we won the next year.

mikeler
12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
My best comeback was probably this year. I was down 6-1, 5-2 to a player who is a little bit better than me. At that time, I had played the guy only 4 or 5 times and lost every match without winning a set. I had not broken serve at all in the match. This guy must of had 20 aces in the entire match, but I probably had 15. We never have gotten anywhere close to that many aces any other time we played.

I served at 5-2 and hit a couple of deuces but pulled it out. Then I got a fairly easy break. We go on serve the rest of the set and I pull out a tough tiebreaker. The third set I was down 5-1 and got it back to 5-4, but I had to get another break to stay in the match. I was down 40-0 that game. I was just thinking "please don't ace me". I won the next 3 points and then we did the deuce thing again. He had 2 more match points in that game which I saved.

I got it to 6-5 and he was serving again. He played very aggressive coming to the net on good approaches on every point I won in that game. I hit a great topspin lob on point #1, a great forehand down the line passing shot on point #2, a nice backhand crosscourt on point #3 which he netted and finally finished off the match with a running backhand passing shot down the line. I couldn't sleep at all that night because I was so pumped up from that win!

I had another match against this player where I was down 6-3 in a 3rd set tiebreaker and pulled out the win 8-6. That was another sweet comeback.

dennis10is
12-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I was playing a set and I served first. I lost my first point, so I was behind and at risk of being broken. However, I went on to win.

tennisguyak
12-26-2008, 08:40 PM
I was playing a pusher in the semis of a tournament. I beat myself in the first set and lost 1-6. Then I stayed patient and beat him 6-0 in the second. But in the third set I let things slip away from me and I soon found myself down 3-5 on his serve. We went into deuce and the game last half an hour. I ended up saving 7 match points before I won the third set 7-5 (on only my second match point). I was really proud that I had finally shown I have the mental strength and patience to beat a pusher.

czech09
12-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Last year my partner and I were down 0-5 and 0-30 and came back to win 7-6 (we just played one set at the time).

Although the sweetest comeback was four years ago playing intramurals in college. We were down 2-6 (playing a pro set) and my partner broke his strings. Neither of us had a backup racket and although our opponents had 2 extras they denied our request to borrow one of their rackets. We came back and won 8-6 by switching rackets randomly. Probably the best match of my life - I couldn't stop laughing afterwards.

OrangePower
12-26-2008, 09:47 PM
4.0 playoff match earlier this year, playing singles against one of the better players in our district (who as it turns out recently got the bump to 4.5).

First set: 0-6. Not pretty. Decided to change tactics for the second set (duh).

Second set: On serve, serving at 4-5. Saved two match points, held to stay on serve at 5-5. Broke for 6-5, held to take the set 7-5.

We had decided before the match to play a full 3rd set if necessary...

Third set: On serve at 5-5. Broke for 6-5; serving for the match. By now all of the other matches were over and everyone was watching us. And... Arrggghh - I crumbled under the pressure and got broken back for 6-6.

Third set tiebreak: On serve (0-1, 2-1, 2-3, 4-3). And then finally, I got a minibreak to go up 5-4 on my serve. And this time I kept it together and closed it out.

Definitely my most memorable match to date, given the combination of quality of play, drama, playoff implications, and the crowd watching.

robby c
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Down 0-6,1-5,15-40. Fall of '79. I was 17. It was my 1st round match in my 1st Adult tourney. Went into total pusher mode. Everything deep to opponents backhand. Ended up winning the whole tournament. Made the paper. Picture and nice write-up.
Robby C

AsgerHO
12-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Last fall I beat a guy, which I had lost to in a very close match during the summer tour.
I was down 3-6, 4-5 and 40-0, his serve, as I managed to get back at win the match 3-6, 7-5, 7-6

Motahari
12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm a HS player so we only play one pro set, but I was down 0-5, and came back to win 9-8 in the tie break =D

Mdubb23
12-27-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm 14, and, in a National Open (USTA), I was down 6-2, 5-3 love-forty on my serve and I came back to hold. Then, at 5-4, he was up forty-fifteen on his serve and I came back to break him. I ended up winning the set in a tiebreaker, 17-15. I won the supertiebreaker 10-0.

raiden031
12-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I haven't had any great comebacks, but an opponent once had a great comeback against me.

My opponent was down 1-6, 0-5 and went on to beat me 1-6, 7-5, 1-0 in the 3rd set tiebreaker. So basically he won 7 games in a row and a tiebreak after getting creamed the first two sets.

rallyjunkie
12-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Some good tales there. Always good to see or read about a good comeback. Just out of curiosity Raiden how did you blow that lead? Not knocking you, we all blow big leads. I once blew a 6-0 lead in a TB, lost it 14-12 :) But the guy had beaten me straight sets easy in two previous usta matchs. But i actually ended up winning this match 6-7 63 76 (4).

NightBandit
12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
A few years back, my partner and I split sets with our opponents and we went to the 3rd set tiebreak (first to 10, win by two).

We got off to an ugly start and were down 9-1 before we even knew what hit us. We told ourselves to just play one point at a time. Then we won one point, then another. By the time we had clawed back to 9-5, we were starting to feel our confidence growing and we could just see our opponents starting to crumble under the pressure (by this time all players from both teams were on our sidelines watching our match).

When we had gotten the score to 9-8, our opponents were spending more time yelling at each other than they were playing. Needless to say, we went on to win that tie break 13-11.

And the best part, our win won the match 3-2 for our team and cinched our team's spot in areas.

Never in my life (before or since) have I faced and won eight match points in a row and won them all. My partner and I still bring this up on occasion when we're down in a match.

NightBandit

raiden031
12-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Some good tales there. Always good to see or read about a good comeback. Just out of curiosity Raiden how did you blow that lead? Not knocking you, we all blow big leads. I once blew a 6-0 lead in a TB, lost it 14-12 :) But the guy had beaten me straight sets easy in two previous usta matchs. But i actually ended up winning this match 6-7 63 76 (4).

I felt like it wasn't me that fell apart, but that my opponent was on fire when he went on that streak. He went from hitting UEs all over the place to hitting almost none the rest of the match. So I couldn't be too upset because he won the match rather than me losing it.

kelz
12-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Post 1 and 2 talking about each other? :O

mikeler
12-27-2008, 07:14 PM
This thread inspired me to start another:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2956087#post2956087

How many match points have you saved in a match win or lose?

JavierLW
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
In Singles it would be a grudge match that I was in this year. Another player and I have had a sort of personal rivalry with each other. Ive had years where I couldnt beat him, and years where I only played him once a year in a best of 5 sets grudge match.

Last year he beat me 3 out of 5 matches even though I feel I had really improved. So this year we made it a point to just sort of "schedule" 7 matches for the year, and for each match we would alternate who would get to choose the location.

Including the last match of last year, I had went on a good run, where I had won 5 in a row.

Our next match was outdoors in a place of his choosing, outdoor public courts right by one of the Great Lakes where it's windy, there is a lot of traffic noise, and these were some of the dirtest courts Ive been on, the balls were pretty much gray after one set.

Anyway I started the first set slugging it out with him (which is not usually my game) and after being up 4-1, he managed to win 5 games in a row to win that set 6-4, and was up 5-2 in the second set.

Pretty much my worst offense was I was having a lot of trouble just keeping the ball deep, and I was letting him come in on me too much and that's something I know that I cant do against him because he is good at the net.

I didnt want to lose, but I just told myself that heck, I dont care if I lose at this point, all I care about is getting that ball at least past the service line. Even if it means hitting every single one in the same exact spot, Im not going to hit it short.

I did this and we had a ton of very long rallys, and I managed to 10 games in a row, winning the 2nd set 7-5, and was up 5-0 in the third until he got a couple games before I closed it out 6-2.

My other come from behind victory was in mixed doubles where my partner and I were down 1-6, 2-4, and our opponents were pretty much giggling and laughing at us because they thought we were so pathetic, until we managed to get back into the match to win 1-6, 7-5, 7-5.

I think the key was I had a good partner and we both had the same attitude where rather than "worry" about losing, we just approached each game calmly and if we talked at all it was always about things that were productive like "so did we try this yet...", rather than things like "what's going on? why are we losing?".

tennismike33
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Lost the first set 7-6, was down 0-3 in the second and came back, 6-7, 7-6, 6-2. At the change over at 0-3 I noticed he was breathing heavily and looked mentally and physically fatigued, which boosted my confidence. I started hitting balls to the corners back and forth.

NastyWinners
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
My most favorite comeback ever was against a high school power that I had never beaten in my whole career. Going into the match 0-7 against them while they were ranked 5th in the state of MI and it was my final match of my high school career as well. Also we were playing for a school record for most victories in a season at 1 doubles.

We lost the first set 2-6 and went down in the 2nd set 1-3 quickly. We stayed positive though because we had a lot to play for and we wanted to win this match so badly since our goal for our whole career was to beat this team.

They are serving at 3-1 them, and we break their serve at love I believe. Then we went on a 4 game run to close out the second set. They take their 5 minute break in between the 2nd and 3rd set and they look frazzled to say the least.

In the 3rd set we charge out to a 3-0 lead and never really looked back and won the set 6-2. We achieved our goal of beating this team for the first time in 3 years, got our school record and got all state honorable mention. And it was perfect because that is how we closed out our senior year and last match of out high school career.

Jim A
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I had a 3.5 match during college where I was down a set and 2 breaks (2-6, 2-5) and facing a match point. I started hitting EVERYTHING to his backhand, even if there was a completely open court. Just made him always hit one more shot to win the point instead of trying to paint the lines

got the 2 breaks back, 5-5, promptly get broken, save another match point and break back, take the tiebreaker and then roll in the 3rd.

Final Score 2-6, 7-6 (4), 6-1

This year I saved a couple match point before coming back to win in the supertiebreak,3-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-7), always fun to hang around just enough and eke it out at times

beernutz
02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I think I gave a guy his best face-saver last Sunday after I was ahead 6-3, 6-4, 4-0 and serving at 40-15. I lost that game and then lost 5 more games in a row. Ouch.

Geezer Guy
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I didn't take up tennis seriously until I was an adult, but in the first few years I had two specific wins that meant a lot to me. In the first, I was playing a club league match against a 16 year old kid that I'd heard was the 3rd best player in the city. He won the first set easily, and was up 5-2 in the second. However, I came back to win the second and third set. As I was leaving his coach stopped me and asked how the match went. I told him - and he was really ****ed that his kid and let me off the hook.

I think in my 3rd or maybe 4th year of tennis our team went to 3.0 Sectionals in Tulsa. I was playing singles, in the biggest tennis "stadium" I'd ever seen. I was playing a local guy, and he actually had friends and relatives there to watch and cheer for him. He won the 1st set 6-0. He was playing well, and during change-over's was actually chatting with people in the stands. I was determined not to give up, and I came back and won the second set 6-0, and the third set 6-0.

Those two matches really showed me that you can often come back, no matter how far down you are.

Bottle Rocket
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I went into an indoor tournament playing at 4.0 after only playing 4 or 5 times in the 2-3 months prior to the tournament. I had no expectations to do much, and I was totally out of shape (more so than usual). There were some very god players in the draw, including two that had beaten me the last two times I had played them - one of them being the highest ranked 4.0 in the Missouri Valley by a wide margin.

I am generally pretty tough when it comes down to the big moments in a match. I have a great record in tie-breakers against most everyone I have palyed, 3-set matches, and matches I play that are close in the end. I am mentally weak in the sense that I tend to play like crap against players I am generally better than until I need to step it up. This is serious problem of mine, and I also tend to put myself in similar situations in tournaments, including this one. This also annoys my opponents as I sometimes get more frustrated when winning matches than I do when losing them, as my opponents often give it to me or don't play up to their potential.

This was bad because I was out of shape, and these were good players. I got myself into a lot of 3rd set super-tie breakers, but in all these matches, I believed I was the better player from the beginning.

When I got to the final, I was completely dead. I had never felt so weak, so sore, or fatigued, in my life. On top of that, it was relatively early in the morning after playing two almost 2-hour long matches the previous day. I am to blame for the length of the matches, but regardless, it happened.

Uhh, ANYWAY... I lost the first set, and basically quit. My body was exhausted and my mind was sick of it. This was until my opponent served in the first game of the second set. I was tired, but I felt some sort of new freedom after losing that first set. My opponent gave me a few points and I hit a few good shots and won the game, exerting as much effort as I could at that point. This made me believe that this guy, who had been holding serve easily in the first set, might not be able to come through in the biggest moments. I, for some reason, have this belief that I can play my best when it matters the most, so out of nowhere, I got that "second wind" that you hear about on TV. My attitude changed, the attitude of of "it would be so much easier to quit" changed.

This was the final of a tournament, this was what it was all about. It was time to aquit playing around and actually prove something - to myself. I held serve the rest of the set, and got the match to a 3rd set tie-breaker. The scoreline indicates a close tie-breaker, and it was, but it was one of the best tie-breakers I've ever played - considering the pressure and my physical condition. The best part of it all, is that in the end, my opponent didn't give me the match. He fought hard until the last point, and even though his matches were significantly shorter on his way to the final, I think he was hurting more than I when it was all set and done. I was earning points in that tie-breaker, and I earned that win.

This second set and 3rd set tie breaker is the biggest tennis-moment of my life. I think the confidence and belief gained from this match will be with me forever. I learned a lot about what I am capable of, and that if I want it bad enough, that can trump all.

I'm very aware of the dynamics of a tennis match. When I am playing my best I can be aggressive and extremely consistent (at the level I'm playing, of course). In the biggest moments of previous matches, I tend to rely on my anticipation and ability hit hit consistent shots in the most pressure-filled moments - at least more so than my oponents. In this match, this is not how I won. I won with agressive footwork, aggressive shots, and some of the most satisfying winners I have ever hit, against a player with some real game. This hasn't happened as often as I wish in my relatively short tennis career.

Anyway, I understand if 1 out of 200 people even read this post (also understand if only 1/200 can comprehend what I wrote, as I rushed through this post at work), but thats ok. It was nice to remember this match again. I also understand those who can't imagine anyone ever thinking a single match can be so special, as I never thought it possible myself. I will never forget this one!

F Brian Richman d. _____ ______ 3-6; 6-4; 10-6

BTW - I can provide the tennislink tournament page if anyone thinks I'm full of it, just didn't want to post the names of guys on here that might not appreciate it.

Hey Geezer Guy, did your team end up winning the nationals that year? And another question, just out of curiousity, did any of your other team members progress in tennis as far as you have? ALSO, we might need a fill-in this Saturday night for doubles at 6:00 PM, are you available (I know its a Saturday night, but at least its not Valentine's day anymore) ?

randomname
02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
down 3-6 4-5 0-40, manage to win that game and the next two, then down 3-5 in the third set and come back to play a tiebreaker, then I get down 1-5 in the tiebreaker and win the next six points in a row.

Bottle Rocket
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
down 3-6 4-5 0-40, manage to win that game and the next two, then down 3-5 in the third set and come back to play a tiebreaker, then I get down 1-5 in the tiebreaker and win the next six points in a row.

Hmm.. Did your opponent kill himself afterwards?

CrocodileRock
02-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Mine is similar to yours, but not as good. Down 3-6, 4-5, 0-40, saved 5 match points, and won the third easy. This happened last Saturday.

Geezer Guy
02-28-2009, 01:56 PM
... Hey Geezer Guy, did your team end up winning the nationals that year? And another question, just out of curiousity, did any of your other team members progress in tennis as far as you have? ALSO, we might need a fill-in this Saturday night for doubles at 6:00 PM, are you available (I know its a Saturday night, but at least its not Valentine's day anymore) ?

My "life-changing" moment happened at Sectionals - not Nationals. I won 5 out of 6 Singles matches at Sectionals, but our team came in second. I've never been to Nationals - despite being on 3 teams that did very well at Sectionals.
And, even though I didn't read your post in time, I couldn't have played last week anyway. Sorry.

allez_mike
02-28-2009, 02:45 PM
When I was playing high school tennis 2 years ago, I was in the final of my conference (8 teams) in #2 singles. I was playing a guy who I had beaten earlier in the season 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, and this guy was pretty dang good. My team and his team were the biggest rivals, not just in tennis but in all sports..we were fierce competitors in all aspects. Anyways, so during the final I started off with a bang, going up 5-0 before closing out the set 6-2. Everything was going right for me; I was serving well, and my forehand was on fire. I was very confident.
When the second set rolled around I had lost a little bit of concentration, but was still hitting some good shots. He played a lot better too, and we were neck and neck until 3-3, when i broke his service game and held to go up 5-3. He held, and I had a chance to serve for the match. But he fought back and eventually won the second set 7-5.
I was so furious I stormed off the court (we had a 10 min break if we split sets) and went to the bathroom to clear my head. My coach, friends and family offered words of encouragement but I just ignored them because I was so frustrated at myself.
When the third set began, he had picked up to another level, while I was still distraught about the second set. Before I knew it I was down 1-5, one game away from blowing it.
But somehow I kept fighting. I was a senior so this was my last year playing for my team. I have trouble remembering what I did or how I did it but I kept playing, fighting, scrambling, and I guess he was getting more discouraged as the set progressed and I slowly clawed my way back. I held serve at 1-5 to make it 2-5, broke to make it 3-5, held again for 4-5, and broke to make it 5-5 and held for a 6-5 lead. By that time I was so happy with myself and knew I had just made my opponent fall apart.
He was serving down 5-6 and I quickly gained a 0-40 lead. The next point he served and volleyed and I had a pretty good look at the pass but was too overconfident and tried a cute angle that landed in the net. I shook this off and regrouped for the next point, another matchpoint. His first serve hit the net, and while I was thinking of what I would do when I won, his second serve never passed the net, and at that moment I was so overjoyed and so overwhelmed when I realized I had won that I fell to the ground, tore my bandana from my head a la Nadal and looked over to my team and "fan base" who were all on their feet cheering.
It was the best day of my life, till this day.

Gorecki
02-28-2009, 03:13 PM
its funny this thread comes now, because i just changed by best comeback of all time yesterday when i was losing 5-2 (playing really bad) only to break 5-3 and sweep the rest of the match by going Simon on my friend (who is aretriever himself) and taking the TB 7-5

saram
02-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Can't take credit for all of this, but...

Third set at state was played as a 10 point tie-breaker. We were down 9-1 and came back and won 13-11. We saved eight match points and went on to win that and go into the final. It was utter bliss.

heninfan99
03-13-2009, 11:21 AM
I had lost the first set 2-6 and came back in the 2nd 6-4. It was very hot. In this league he said we had the option of playing a tie break or a deciding third set. I could see he was tired so I opted for a third set and his will broke before my eyes. The heat broke his will and I dominated the third set 6-1. My fitness beat his talent that day which was more rewarding than I would have anticipated.

heninfan99
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Nice singles win!
In Singles it would be a grudge match that I was in this year. Another player and I have had a sort of personal rivalry with each other. Ive had years where I couldnt beat him, and years where I only played him once a year in a best of 5 sets grudge match.

Last year he beat me 3 out of 5 matches even though I feel I had really improved. So this year we made it a point to just sort of "schedule" 7 matches for the year, and for each match we would alternate who would get to choose the location.

Including the last match of last year, I had went on a good run, where I had won 5 in a row.

Our next match was outdoors in a place of his choosing, outdoor public courts right by one of the Great Lakes where it's windy, there is a lot of traffic noise, and these were some of the dirtest courts Ive been on, the balls were pretty much gray after one set.

Anyway I started the first set slugging it out with him (which is not usually my game) and after being up 4-1, he managed to win 5 games in a row to win that set 6-4, and was up 5-2 in the second set.

Pretty much my worst offense was I was having a lot of trouble just keeping the ball deep, and I was letting him come in on me too much and that's something I know that I cant do against him because he is good at the net.

I didnt want to lose, but I just told myself that heck, I dont care if I lose at this point, all I care about is getting that ball at least past the service line. Even if it means hitting every single one in the same exact spot, Im not going to hit it short.

I did this and we had a ton of very long rallys, and I managed to 10 games in a row, winning the 2nd set 7-5, and was up 5-0 in the third until he got a couple games before I closed it out 6-2.

My other come from behind victory was in mixed doubles where my partner and I were down 1-6, 2-4, and our opponents were pretty much giggling and laughing at us because they thought we were so pathetic, until we managed to get back into the match to win 1-6, 7-5, 7-5.

I think the key was I had a good partner and we both had the same attitude where rather than "worry" about losing, we just approached each game calmly and if we talked at all it was always about things that were productive like "so did we try this yet...", rather than things like "what's going on? why are we losing?".

tomstennis
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Senior Year of College:

I was 3-6, 5-6 15-40 down on his serve. Guy had a monster serve he was 6 ft 5 or so and I didn't get a sniff on his serve the whole match no break points with him acing me constantly. I broke him and went on to win the set, and then won the 3rd set 6-3.

tomstennis
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh we went on to win the match also :)

thejackal
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
played 3 of 5 sets during the summer with my usual hitting partner, who plays college varsity at our school. epic, epic match. 4-6 4-6 6-1 7-6 6-4. he was serving for it at 5-3 in the 4th and had 6 match points in all. fitness was a big issue at the end, since it was around 90 degrees and sunny. i was just a bit fresher. serving like a beast (10 aces, 40 unreturned, 6 doubles) helped also - only got broken 4 times in the match, and twice in the first set. the third set was probably the cleanest serving I have ever done in a match, he didn't get past 30 on any of my service games. saved another 2 match points in the 4th set tiebreak. got into a long rally on match point when I cranked a fh and wrong footed him. we were both probably 10-15 minutes away from full-blown cramps. I only brought 2 shirts that day, so Id change shirts every set and let the other one air out on the bench, by the next set it was completely dry.

mikeler
03-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought I'd be posting my best comeback after today. I was down 2-6, 0-5, 0-40 and saved those 3 match points and 1 more the next game. I got it to 5-5, but I was emotionally spent by then and lost the set 7-5. Double faulted to lose the match 6-2, 7-5 :-(

FastFreddy
03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I was down 0-6 2nd round then won the match 6-3 6-2. I won the tourament beating a player who beat me two years before 6-2 6-1 in the 2nd round. I beat him in the final 6-3 7-5. It just shows how much I improved in 2 years playing 4 times a week for 3hrs a clip. Also having to hit and play sets with my buddy who played #5 for Duke he taught me alot and alot of those where beating that made me stronger and drills. Also getting 12 free hrs of indoor clay time at the club I worked at helped since in NYC it's hard to play all year round. In years past I would play alot during the summer get on a roll then winter weather would come in and low temps. Most people can only afford 1 hour a week indoor since the cost is high in NYC for indoor time. Once spring rains dye away it seems like you are starting all over again.

saram
03-18-2009, 05:38 AM
I was down 0-6 2nd round then won the match 6-3 6-2.

How do you lose the first set and win 6-3, 6-2? Was the score 0-6, 6-3, 6-2?

FastFreddy
03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Yes that was the score, funny thing that was the only set I lost during the whole tourament.

Qubax
03-18-2009, 09:26 AM
I usually play best of 5 sets with my buddies...but it's a pretty good level of tennis...

I was down 2 sets to love and down 5-2 in the 3rd and I won in 5 sets...I can't remember the exact score..

saram
03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes that was the score, funny thing that was the only set I lost during the whole tourament.

My high-school scores were always something like 6-4,0-6,6-2.

I always went on a mental walkabout in the second set.