PDA

View Full Version : Very Very Interesting Facts

Aykhan Mammadov
02-19-2005, 01:53 PM
For accuracy of data below notice that Master's Cup began from 1974, determination of number 1 player started from 1973, all 4 slams started from 1968.

Who in the history win all 4 slams,M Cup and became somewhen No 1 :
only Agassi Andre

Who in the history won 4 slams:
Rod Laver ( 1969 when there wasn't MCup and NO 1) , Agassi Andre

Who in the history won 4 slams in a row, what means one after another without intervals:
only Rod Laver

Who in the history won 3 slams in a row:
Pete Sampras
Roger Federer

Who won 3 slams in a calendar year:
Rod Laver
Jimmy Connors
Mats Wilander
Roger Federer

Who won 3 slams + MC + NO 1:
Boris Becker
Ivan Lendl
Jimmy Connors
Pete Sampras
Roger Federer
Stefan Edberg

Who won 3 slams + MC:
Guillermo Vilas

Who won 3 slams + NO 1:
John Newcombe
Mats Wilander

Who is the player shocked the world of tennis:
Rios, Marcelo
Because he is the only player in the history who became No 1 in the world in March , 1998 and who never won Grand Slam tournament in his biography. All other players who became 1-st at least once won GS.

Who is the player also shocked the world of tennis:
Alex Corretja
Because he is the only player in the history who won Masters Cup in 1998 who never was 1-st racquet of the world and never won GS tournament.

What is the most amazing and paradoxal year in the history of tennis ?
1998 because of the last two facts I wrote.

Aykhan Mammadov
02-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Just in order to revive the thread and me. Probaly I'm really invisible.

BERDI4
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Very intesting facts, Aykhan. The one that surprised me most is the Marcelo Rios one.

DariusRaiden
02-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Roger Federer has NOT won 3 slams in a row, but he won 3 in 2004. (AUS, Wimbledon, USO). He won 2 in a row, the Wimbledon/US Open Double.

Aykhan Mammadov
BERDI14,

Did you see this tread already. Am I visisble already at forum ? But why is there red circle in the left side of my threads ?

It is interesting that you posted the thread " Was Vilas No 1" after I posted this my thread, and it has an answer to your question. But I was off the board, my posts were closed and nobody saw me here including you. Otherwise I think you wouldn't post your thread ?

rhubarb
I'm afraid Roger didn't win three slams in a row (yet!), although he was pretty close.

Edit: oops simultaneous post

Aykhan Mammadov
02-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Darius Raiden, you are right. I made a mistake in that point.

BERDI4
02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
No idea what the red circle means Aykhan. And I couldn't read your posts either. They all appeared now. When I posted the thread about Vilas I could see there was an answer but when I opened it there was no message. Maybe you should ask the moderator.

Aykhan Mammadov
02-21-2005, 12:04 PM
No, Berdi14. I was off the board by some participants who don't like me either who didn't understand me in the right way, but this is the subject of another thread.

Camilio Pascual
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
A much better answer to your last question is 1968. There might be an even better answer than mine, but it is certainly a better answer than yours.

Phil
02-21-2005, 03:49 PM
BERDI14,

Did you see this tread already. Am I visisble already at forum ? But why is there red circle in the left side of my threads ?

Obviously, you're a marked man. Be careful...spies...everywhere...don't...arrrrrrgggg g, gurrrrrrrrrgle, gurrrrr.....grumph...

Aykhan Mammadov
02-23-2005, 01:03 PM
When nobody replies to a thread it goes down and lost. But there is nothing to reply in this thread. I don't boost myself, I really want those who are not familiar with the facts described here to get knowledge about.

Aykhan Mammadov
02-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Reviving facts.