PDA

View Full Version : anybody going to Scottsdale?

PrestigeClassic
02-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Tennis Channel Open? Not a whole lot of big names this year (not even Gus as the tournament director?), but the main draw is pretty much my list of favorite players. Anybody know a good time to get there tomorrow? The qualies are at noon, and I want to also watch the players practicing.

goober
02-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Well given the current weather I don't know how much tennis they are going to get in. The forecast for the whole week is rain. I thought the qualies were starting today? I wouldn't mind watching some tomorrow since it is free :D I'll will probably try to pick up some night matches during the week too.

nkhera1
02-19-2005, 02:45 PM
I was thinking about it, I was disappointed that Roddick or Agassi didn't commit and i was going to watch the Qaulifying Rounds today but it rained a lot in the morning.

goober
02-20-2005, 04:29 PM
I went to the qualifying today. Quite a few people showed up. It was great to sit pretty much wherever you want and watch some great tennis.

I watched Bobby Reynolds beat some redheaded guy 7-6 in the final set. A lot of fist pumping and C'mons abound in the final set.

Also Rajeev Ram beat some Spanish guy. Rajeev is tall he looked 6'5" or so and a huge serve and a good all court game. I am surprised he isn't ranked higher.

hopefully the week is not rained out.