PDA

View Full Version : Most match points you have ever saved?

mikeler
12-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I had never been beaten on my neighborhood courts for just over 2 years, but I only played on them about once a month. I had saved match points in 2 or 3 matches and come back to win. The day my first loss came on those courts, I saved 10 match points before finally having my streak broken.

What are the most match points you have saved in a match? Doesn't matter whether you ended up winning the match or not.

SirBlend12
12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I had a ridiculous match back in April where I was down a set and 2 breaks (1-5 in the 2nd set) and the next game went to deuce 9 times. I totaled 6 saved Match points right in that game. I ended up winning it and then and then saving a break (a seventh match point) whilst breaking the rest of the set (7-5). I Know it sounds a little ridiculous, which it was, but this seriously happened. It was a mega-comeback. I ended up taking the set when my opponent thought he had the whole match in the bag. He then proceeded to go Safin in the 3rd, giving me the set 6-2.

That was a good day.:)

Mdubb23
12-27-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm 14, and, in a National Open (USTA), I was down 6-2, 5-3 love-forty on my serve and I came back to hold. Then, at 5-4, he was up forty-fifteen on his serve and I came back to break him. I ended up winning the set in a tiebreaker, 17-15. I won the supertiebreaker 10-0. I saved 13 match points.

mikeler
12-28-2008, 06:21 AM
13 match points for the win! Did your opponent commit suicide after the match?

Fedace
12-28-2008, 06:27 AM
I saved 1 but it was in the 3rd set tiebreaker. it was nice cause, i ended up hitting 3 clean winners in a row to close out the match. i think my opponent was in schock.

Gorecki
12-28-2008, 06:29 AM
yesterday, 7 in a row in 3rd set tie break to end up winning... 6\4 2\6 7\7(16\14) 2:30 tennis marathon against my best friend..

sealed with 1 ace down the t line... perfect day for me!

Mdubb23
12-28-2008, 07:15 AM
13 match points for the win! Did your opponent commit suicide after the match?

Haha no, but his dad chucked his book into the wall, and, after the match, when I went into the locker room the coach was yelling at the kid like "I cannot believe you lost to him! You are so much better than he is! He shouldn't even have a chance against you! What happened?!," and, at that point, I cut right through the middle of them, and the coach said something I remember word-for-word to this day, "Fantastic match, son. You looked unbelievable out there!"

RoddickAce
12-28-2008, 08:10 AM
The most I've ever had to save was 6 match points. Down 4-5 in the third set, 0-40, serving.

mrmo1115
12-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I am not an adult but the most match points I have saved, was between 2-4 if I am recalling correctly. My bro saved 7 match points once. Lolz

ten10
12-28-2008, 10:48 AM
22 deuces counted by my opponent, I finally held for the match. Just don't know how many ads I had.

Do know I lost 7 match points on opponents serve and then wound up losing the match. It is still painful to think about!!

swedechris
12-28-2008, 11:41 AM

7 in the 3rd set ,
7 in the 4th
and another 7 in the deciding 5th.. in a silly but fun dream the other night :)

RCizzle65
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Haha no, but his dad chucked his book into the wall, and, after the match, when I went into the locker room the coach was yelling at the kid like "I cannot believe you lost to him! You are so much better than he is! He shouldn't even have a chance against you! What happened?!," and, at that point, I cut right through the middle of them, and the coach said something I remember word-for-word to this day, "Fantastic match, son. You looked unbelievable out there!"

haha I'm sure this is how it is for every pro out there!

Mdubb23
12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
haha I'm sure this is how it is for every pro out there!

Hah I wouldn't be surprised.

dennis10is
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I had never been beaten on my neighborhood courts for just over 2 years, but I only played on them about once a month. I had saved match points in 2 or 3 matches and come back to win. The day my first loss came on those courts, I saved 10 match points before finally having my streak broken.

What are the most match points you have saved in a match? Doesn't matter whether you ended up winning the match or not.

I'm an American, we don't save anything. So, I've never let a match point go.

Better to finish early, and have more time maxing out my credit cards.

Honestly, I don't save too many match points.