PDA

View Full Version : Which Phone Should I Get?

Hot Sauce
12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm going to be getting a new phone very soon, and I can't decide between two options.

In a nutshell, I have to decide between option (1) having a better phone, with Wi-Fi, but no data plan. Option (2) is having a lesser phone, with an unlimited data plan (full email, internet, anywhere)

Option (1) is the HTC Touch Pro.
and
Option (2) is the Samsung Instinct.

The main factors in this are:
Option (1) has a slider keyboard
Option (1) has Wi-Fi (internet at certain 'hot spots')
Option (1) is an all around better phone (more features, etc)
Option (2) has an unlimited data plan (full email, internet, anywhere)
Option (2) the data plan includes GPS

The reason why I can't get the data plan with option (1) is because it would be $30/monthly on top of the $23 that I'm paying for the phone services (minutes, texts, caller id, etc).

The reason why I can get the data plan with option (2) is because it would be $10/monthly on top of the $23 that I'm paying for the phone services because it is a promotional offer.

It is important to remember that choosing one of these options will also depend on my lifestyle.

More factors to consider:
My school campus has full Wi-Fi
Most cafes that I go to have full Wi-Fi
I do drive a lot, and my sense of direction is poor

I call upon my fellow TT members to recommend me the phone that I should get, and why. Any comments or questions are appreciated.

150mph_
12-28-2008, 09:52 PM
i'd get iphone or bb storm from verizon..
ive heard terrible things about sprint service

Hot Sauce
12-28-2008, 10:00 PM
i'd get iphone or bb storm from verizon..
ive heard terrible things about sprint service
Oh, this is with the Canadian provider Bell, by the way.

are you serious?
blame mtv then?
Don't worry, he just likes to joke around, that's all.

150mph_
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh, this is with the Canadian provider Bell, by the way.

Don't worry, he just likes to joke around, that's all.

iphone then?
does bell take simcards?

Hot Sauce
12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
No iPhone at bell. And negative to the simcards.

Tofi
12-29-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm going to be getting a new phone very soon, and I can't decide between two options.

In a nutshell, I have to decide between option (1) having a better phone, with Wi-Fi, but no data plan. Option (2) is having a lesser phone, with an unlimited data plan (full email, internet, anywhere)

Option (1) is the HTC Touch Pro.
and
Option (2) is the Samsung Instinct.

The main factors in this are:
Option (1) has a slider keyboard
Option (1) has Wi-Fi (internet at certain 'hot spots')
Option (1) is an all around better phone (more features, etc)
Option (2) has an unlimited data plan (full email, internet, anywhere)
Option (2) the data plan includes GPS

The reason why I can't get the data plan with option (1) is because it would be $30/monthly on top of the $23 that I'm paying for the phone services (minutes, texts, caller id, etc).

The reason why I can get the data plan with option (2) is because it would be $10/monthly on top of the $23 that I'm paying for the phone services because it is a promotional offer.

It is important to remember that choosing one of these options will also depend on my lifestyle.

More factors to consider:
My school campus has full Wi-Fi
Most cafes that I go to have full Wi-Fi
I do drive a lot, and my sense of direction is poor

I call upon my fellow TT members to recommend me the phone that I should get, and why. Any comments or questions are appreciated.

Get the LG with windows mobile. it has a data plan and wifi. or you can get a blackbury they are also like computers and have wifi.

Booyah
12-29-2008, 06:34 AM
samsung instinct. it may be a lesser of a phone to the HTC but it still seems like a great phone, and with unlimited everything, sounds pretty nice.

swedechris
12-29-2008, 06:43 AM
decisions .. decisions.. either one is nice as long as it lasts.

LuckyR
12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Touch Pro...