02-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Anyone here watch Prince of Tennis?

Here are some pictures
http://animechains.org/pot/dvds/16.jpg
http://animechains.org/pot/dvds/4.jpg
http://animechains.org/pot/dvds/21.jpg

James Brown
02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
almost impossible to like it and like/watch/play real tennis... Its the silliest thing i've ever seen, boring, its predictable who will win in a tournament match (ill give you a guess). And im sorry but after 100 episodes where theres a guy with a huge smash and then in practice, they lob towards to him and are shocked to find that he smashes it down their throat....and of course the 'know it all character' gets all serious and says 'I see, a lob would result in a smash..' (something to that extent).. Also, they want you to feel for the main character, like hes this underdog who loses at first against incomprehensible odds but then comes back....but this kid is like 14, ambidextorous, has a super one handed back hand...and apparently a super 2 hander as well, which he switches freely....i mean come on...14 and hes killing all these guys? lol, whats even worse, is they return serve FROM THE SERVICE LINE. hes standing a half inch outside the service line and then hes confused when he gets aced...by a guy with an average serve... they reuse the same themes and frames...big evil guy hits heavy balls, echizen can't handle it, his racquet flies out of his hands, then he comes back and wins.....sure....junk. Just pure junk. Of course the fact they teleport all over the court is ridiculous too. I realize its anime and is not realistic...but read the original idea, you cant like this junk and real tennis...cant really like it anyway, its insulting.

Very lame. Anime in general is overdone,cheesy,predictable and overtly trendy. Then again, so is most of the crap out there.

matchpoints
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
I posted about PoT last week or so and didn't get any positive responses. I think it's a pretty funny show. It's anime, do you REALLY feel that it should portray real life to the exact specs? It's CARTOON. It's supposed to be stupid and exaggerated. I have all the subtitled episodes so far.

Watch it and like it!

Heck, it got me playing tennis again ;)

SUPA SMASHA!!!!

Phil
02-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Matchpoints - I responded to your previous POT (tenisu no oji-sama) post last week, and said pretty much what JB said.

If you have the mentality of a 12 year-old, then yes, I guess POT is just fine. Otherwise, you have to realize that not a lot of adults watch this kind of dreck. We adults like "stupid and exaggerated" too, but not normally SO stupid. You can post this 100 times and you won't get many, or any positive responses-it is what it is, and I think the majority have spoken. Most Japanese anime garbage would not do well in the US. Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Yu Gi O are popular but they are the tip of the iceberg-there are HUNDREDS of anime shows in Japan, most not worth the price of a roll of toilet paper.