PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Roomba?

mikeler
12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Does anybody own one of these Robot vacuums? If so, how well does it work? It's a lot of money, but it might be a good gift idea for the wife.

woodrow1029
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Does anybody own one of these Robot vacuums? If so, how well does it work? It's a lot of money, but it might be a good gift idea for the wife.
I have the Roomba 560 and the Scooba. They both work really well. And it's great entertainment if you have a dog that doesn't get along with it. Well worth the price though. Not too loud and picks up pretty much everything.

mikeler
12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info Woodrow. How long have you owned them? How often do you let them roam the house? It seems like there are a number of models, so I'll have to research the one that will work best for our house.

woodrow1029
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the info Woodrow. How long have you owned them? How often do you let them roam the house? It seems like there are a number of models, so I'll have to research the one that will work best for our house.
The 560 is great. After it is done with the room, it finds its docking station on its own and recharges. We have 2 dogs, one of which is a husky so she sheds a lot, so we use the Roomba about once a week and steam clean once every 2 months. Just make sure that you clean out the filter and the brushes very frequently. It's very easy to clean and very necessary. If you have stairs, it won't fall down the stairs. It slows down before hitting a wall when it senses a wall coming up. Its one downfall IMO is corners. It does ok in corners, but not great. So, for corners we use a dustbuster.

Also, make sure that you don't have wires or cables on the floor. It will pull the wires and everything the wires are attached to.

mikeler
12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I only have 1 room with wires all over it (my office) and I can vacuum that in 1 minute. I don't have stairs, so no worries there. I figured with the round design that corners would have to be manually done. For the time it would save, I can live with those minor inconveniences. Thank you for the tips and Happy New Year Woodrow.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
12-31-2008, 05:40 PM
I messed with one and made it remote controlled. Then I had a Roomba battle with my buddies. It was awesome.

mikeler
12-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Who won? I like your avatar by the way :)

S H O W S T O P P E R !
12-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Who won? I like your avatar by the way :)

It's a good sub for the monkey in a suit with a gun looking all Godfather-style. The mods said the gun was offensive. It's too small so you can't see Bush's face. The turkey looks like it's going for the no-no's and the look on his face= awesomeness.

No one really won, we just ran them into each other and let them grind against each other. Nothing was destroyed.

oneleggedcardinal
12-31-2008, 09:02 PM
If it's seems hungry, feed it cheese puffs, but don;t ge too intimate with it ;)

(Hint: a reference to the funniest show ever!)

**If incoherent, I'm a bit drunk...hey, it's the new year!