PDA

View Full Version : Spain Or France Tennis Academies?

baseline08thrasher
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Which are the best for junior development?
which are the best for quick results?

and which are the best for having the kids that really focus?

also, which are the best for having the tougher opponents, better coaches, better fitness results?
Good dorms?
Site seeing, if they do?
speaking english, or if they all mostly do?

Lets go into detail here people!

Possibly, if I convince my parents, I can go for a couple of weeks.
most likely if i'm a good boy.

I'm craving some clay courts!

Miami83095
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Go to Spain

baseline08thrasher
12-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Go to Spain

Why?

I've been told spain.
But I would like to compare and actually have more knowledge on the subject before I make a decision.

Thanks.
But if you don't know, then it's fine, you may just like spain more. :)

Nanshiki
12-31-2008, 09:50 PM
They won't be speaking English there.

Go to Florida for Chrissakes. It's cheaper and probably at the same level anyway.

Miami83095
01-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I might be moving to Poland in Europe and if I do, I might attend Sutton Academy in London, England. Not sure yet cause I'm looking for somewhere closer...maybe somewhere in Germany?

BestLefty UK
01-01-2009, 10:56 AM

Go to Florida for Chrissakes. It's cheaper and probably at the same level anyway.

That's not neccessarily true... At SC they speak English and Spanish (including Catalan).

Here's some information about:

Spanish academies:
Good points:
-Great intensity
-Great atmosphere
-At the beginning your likely to improve quite quickly
-Great coaching (speaking from personal experience)
Bad points:
-Can be quite expensive
-Depending on which academy you go to, they can be quite globalised and more pro-orientated

French academies: (Bear in mind I haven't been to any french academies)
Good points:
-If you've got the talent it's the place to go
-France has some great new academies similar to those of Spain
Bad points:
-As I said before, if you've got the talent it's the place to go but if you havent got it then it could get really expensive.
-It will be non-stop and very strenous

Nanshiki
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
It still doesn't make any financial sense to go to a tennis academy in Europe when you can go to one of probably equal value in the US. Then again, Bolletieri's is 65,000 a year...haha

And I imagine it would be hard to take lessons from someone who only speaks English as a second language... tennis instruction takes some pretty detailed language.

Costagirl
04-24-2013, 07:53 AM

also, which are the best for having the tougher opponents, better coaches, better fitness results?
Good dorms?
Site seeing, if they do?

Well clay court craving is great if your ready to dial in the legs. Spain is over the top about 'developing the legs'...and in terms of focus you should also try Spain. Juniors you might want to give this a look. If you are looking for solo travel start here in Mallorca http://www.costa-del-tennis.com/tennis-camps-high-school/. But come prepared to work! It's 100% geared towards elite juniors...although i send adults there also. But the dynamic is junior tennis. That being said, the fastest results rely on you!

France must also have some good stuff although I'm not aware... I'm a Spain girl through and through for good reason. But France has the juniors playing that's for sure.

Costagirl
04-24-2013, 09:41 AM

Actually it's not cheaper ... most spain academies are less expensive including the flight. And certainly offer a pool of players world wide, not just from the Northeast corridor of the USA or Florida itself.

Costagirl
04-24-2013, 09:43 AM

Good dorms?
Site seeing, if they do?

I forgot to mention this academy in Mallorca offers Boarding for juniors. Tell them Costa del Tennis told you so.

And most importantly, after researching France ... let us know your findings. Would love to know of other good stuff.

Best!

sureshs
04-24-2013, 12:02 PM
What about SC in Florida or Henin's place? US academy with Euro feel?

Costagirl
04-24-2013, 03:55 PM
What about SC in Florida or Henin's place? US academy with Euro feel?

I've heard A-Ok things about Lendl's place in South Carolina. I also think you can board there!!

And yes, I hear better reports about SC's place in Naples over Barcelona. Probably because it's a recent launch and they are on their game. Let's hope it sticks cause it would be nice to have a resource here in the States with a bit of a different coaching direction. But for the added cultural experience Spain is a great spot!