PDA

View Full Version : Best PS2 tennis game?

JRW
01-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Sorry if this topic has been discussed here before, but I never view this part of TT. I recently got a PS2 and am slowly building my game collection. I have 'Hard Hitters' which seems to be OK. Are there any other PS2 tennis games that are better? Thanks.

Lejanius
01-01-2009, 07:14 AM
I know there are a lot of PS games that suck....

I think the best one I have played thus far is Topspin tennis.

I would love to hear others opinions on this though as I am always in the market for good tennis games and i am usually 5 years behind on buying consoles because I rarely have time to play them they are not worth the $300 to me

hard hitters is real bad, topspin is 100 times better

150mph_
01-01-2009, 07:26 AM
topspin 2?
i was playing it the other day :D great game

JRW
01-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks, I'll check out Topspin. Being 5 years behind on consoles isn't bad considering my last console was the original Nintendo I bought back in 1989 :)

Lejanius
01-01-2009, 07:42 AM
they a made a topsin 2 for PS2?

see shows what I know, have to pick that one up I guess

NickC
01-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Why did you get a PS2? What on earth made you come to that decision? You're not 5 years behind, the PS2 came out in 2001 or 2002. You're 7 or 8 years behind schedule. The PS3 has been out for a while now, and the Xbox360 is cheap as dirt now, why not try that one out? It has Topspin 3, which is really good!

Lejanius
01-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I have owned a PS2 for about 5 years now, I just haven't picked up a newer console yet one yet, also I would buy an xbox 360 over a PS3 but they are still $300 and I don't play enough console games to justify a $300 system

I haven't seen Xbox's cheaper than that ($300 includes the memory and extra controller, etc.) but still $300 is a bit steep for me considering I play console games say 6 hours a month total probably.

JRW
01-01-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm in the same boat as you Lejanius. I don't really have much time to play games (probably less than 6 hours/month), so I picked up a used PS2 (slimline) from GameStop when they were on sale for $49.99. The guy at GameStop recommended the PS2 over the original Xbox because he said they are still making games for them. I'm not one to need the latest and greatest so the PS2 works perfectly for my needs.

150mph_
01-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I have owned a PS2 for about 5 years now, I just haven't picked up a newer console yet one yet, also I would buy an xbox 360 over a PS3 but they are still $300 and I don't play enough console games to justify a $300 system

I haven't seen Xbox's cheaper than that ($300 includes the memory and extra controller, etc.) but still $300 is a bit steep for me considering I play console games say 6 hours a month total probably.

you pay $300 for blueray capabilities AND the console system...

not just a console system... blueray is future of tv

maverick66
01-01-2009, 01:47 PM

so theonly good thing the ps3 has is blueray? very few games on it are any good. name me 5 games on it that are good.

Lejanius
01-01-2009, 04:09 PM

I understand why the xbox360 and PS3 are worth buying I am just saying for me it isn't a viable purchase right now.

I don't watch TV or play many consoles, having a 1 year old does that to you, by the time I am ready to spend big bucks on a home theater system my kids will be older and the technology will either have changed and the next new thing will be out, or it will have been refined and thus cheaper

150mph_
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I understand why the xbox360 and PS3 are worth buying I am just saying for me it isn't a viable purchase right now.

I don't watch TV or play many consoles, having a 1 year old does that to you, by the time I am ready to spend big bucks on a home theater system my kids will be older and the technology will either have changed and the next new thing will be out, or it will have been refined and thus cheaper

should have aborted the lil punk ;)

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
01-01-2009, 05:12 PM
so theonly good thing the ps3 has is blueray? very few games on it are any good. name me 5 games on it that are good.

Hey hey now, blue ray isn't the only thing that's great about it... I don't even use it for movies lol... I like to playback my PS2 games on it; that, along with the convenience of using the hard drive to store data on it, instead of cramming it all into one 8 MB memory card. I think you can also play with four controllers on some games? My PS2 was never kind to me when it came to that... But then again, I did have a crappy multitap thingy... =X

maverick66
01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey hey now, blue ray isn't the only thing that's great about it... I don't even use it for movies lol... I like to playback my PS2 games on it; that, along with the convenience of using the hard drive to store data on it, instead of cramming it all into one 8 MB memory card. I think you can also play with four controllers on some games? My PS2 was never kind to me when it came to that... But then again, I did have a crappy multitap thingy... =X

u still havnt named 5 good games. so its a storage device and can play old ps2 games?

Lejanius
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
should have aborted the lil punk ;)

wow
not sure what to say about that...

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
u still havnt named 5 good games. so its a storage device and can play old ps2 games?

True... You got me there, lol. x_x I don't even have that many PS3 games to start with, but I do like Topspin 3 and Oblivion, of the ones I have... Most others you can also get for PS2.

Mansewerz
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I played Topspin for a bit. I did good, but I didn't play it enough, and it was a while ago.

So, based on my experience, you can't go wrong with Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2.

Awesome game, I still play it.

Also, Hard Hitter tennis sucks IMO. I didn't like it.

JRW
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I played Topspin for a bit. I did good, but I didn't play it enough, and it was a while ago.

So, based on my experience, you can't go wrong with Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2.

Awesome game, I still play it.

Also, Hard Hitter tennis sucks IMO. I didn't like it.

Thanks. I'll check out GameStop or e B a y for that game also.

GraphiteMachete
01-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Second that.

leonidas1982
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Smash Court Tennis 2. only game, I know, which captures the ebb and flow of tennis -- especially in regards to each surface.

TennisLover17
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Smash Court Tennis 2. only game, I know, which captures the ebb and flow of tennis -- especially in regards to each surface.

YES I totally agree! Best PS2 game hands down!