PDA

View Full Version : My DVD plays on my TV but not my comp, help!

Ballinbob
01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey guys

I have a camcorder and I managed to transfer the video footage from the camera to a DVD. The DVD works on my TV just fine and the quality is good and there's sound. But when I put the DVD into my computer it doesn't recognize it. What are the possible reasons for this? This doesn't make sense to me.. I've been working for 2 days trying to get my video footage off my camcorder and when I finally manage to burn it to a DVD, my computer decides to be stupid and doesn't work. Does anything pop out to you to what could be wrong?

Thanks

Dags
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Without further info, the most likely reason would be that you've put it on DVD using DVD-RW or DVD+RW (i.e. you can reuse the disc by recording over it). If you only have a DVD Rom drive on your computer (you can't burn DVDs), then it often won't recognise that format.

Does that sound even close? If not, if you can give more information about your DVD player and DVD drive in the computer it would help. It would also be useful to know how you got it on the DVD in the first place.

Ballinbob
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Without further info, the most likely reason would be that you've put it on DVD using DVD-RW or DVD+RW (i.e. you can reuse the disc by recording over it). If you only have a DVD Rom drive on your computer (you can't burn DVDs), then it often won't recognise that format.

Does that sound even close? If not, if you can give more information about your DVD player and DVD drive in the computer it would help. It would also be useful to know how you got it on the DVD in the first place.

I got it working and my vid is up. I forgot to finalize the DVD but after I did that it was all good.

I got it onto the DVD but connecting my camcorder directly to the dvd recorder than after I made sure the input on the DVD recorder was right I just pressed play on the camcorder and record on the DVD recorder and it worked.

But its working now:) Got my vids up on the tennis tips/instruction part of the forums and they're good

Dags
01-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Good stuff.