PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Kevin Trudeau?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry, didnt know where to place this, but down to the point, Kevin Trudeau is an entrepeneur who supports natural cures for a healthier lifestyle for the community.

My question (and poll) to yall is: do you think he's a fraud, scamming our money, or is he the real deal?

I've read his book, and i can see his stand point-of-view. He discusses of corruption among government officials, the corruption of the FDA, the hazards of medicines (very true, look at the side effects), how our food is being purposely contaminated, and goes on to tell us what to do: eat organic, get colon cleanses, etc., to remove the "poison" from the human body system. This in turn, is supposed to make you feel great, energetic, and enjoy your life as your supposed to.

On the other hand, skeptics simply say that Kevin Trudeau wants to convince us to hand our lollipops over to him like babies. Basically, they call him a charlatan, snake-oil salesman, whatever you wanna call it.

I'm at a loss to which side is the "brighter" side, but I am more supportive of Kevin Trudeau, after reading his book you can relate to what hes describing in the book (ex. Cigarettes were known to be toxic a long time ago, but nobody stood up to say that they were, so that companies and individuals could make huge profits. Now it's indisputable that cigarettes are harmful to the human being.

Decide for yourself (and me ;)), based upon your experiences in life, do you think Kevin is someone that is ringing the bell, or is he another snake on the block? If you need more information about him, just holler, i've done some extentive studies on Kevin. And please, lets keep the arguements to a minimum. That being said, happy new years and happy discussing!

mary fierce
01-01-2009, 06:56 PM
What's this about cigarettes? The first Surgeon General warning appeared on cigarette packs just about 50 years ago. When did Mr. Trudeau arrive at that particular party? And as for colon cleanses to remove things from your body.....anything that's in your colon is already in the process of being removed from your body.....for free!!

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
What's this about cigarettes? The first Surgeon General warning appeared on cigarette packs just about 50 years ago. When did Mr. Trudeau arrive at that particular party? And as for colon cleanses to remove things from your body.....anything that's in your colon is already in the process of being removed from your body.....for free!!

I dont know too much about cigarettes since i'm only 16, as for the colon, he talks about how the food we eat today gets stuck somewhere in our system, building up and giving women their "pouch", resulting in less waste extracted from the body, and it continues to build up in your system.

dave333
01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Snake oil salesman.

Enough said. He's a complete fraud. Complete utter BS.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Snake oil salesman.

Enough said. He's a complete fraud. Complete utter BS.

I'd love to know why you think this, not being offensive, i'm just gathering information, did you have a bad turn with him and his products?

ollinger
01-01-2009, 07:11 PM
The most effective charlatans wrap their message in a few obvious truths, like the value of eating healthy food and the dangers of cigarettes. This makes them seem more credible. It seems like he promotes a few obvious, familiar messages and then comes on with some nonsense about colon cleansing, a practice that itself can have dangerous consequences (removing most of the usual bacterial flora from the colon is potentially dangerous as it clears the way for overgrowth by bacteria not usually found there.)

raiden031
01-01-2009, 07:14 PM
The guy spent 2 years in federal prison for credit card fraud. He has been banned from airing informercials by the FTC. He paid a settlement of $185K in a case where he was accused of running a pyramid scheme.

The guy is a criminal and everything he says is BS.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
The guy spent 2 years in federal prison for credit card fraud. He has been banned from airing informercials by the FTC. He paid a settlement of $185K in a case where he was accused of running a pyramid scheme.

Just info. for everyone, he says that the reason he went to prison was for a "secret mission", and for the the frauds, he stated that he accepts his fault and is supposedly a good-being now.

raiden031
01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Decide for yourself (and me ;)), based upon your experiences in life, do you think Kevin is someone that is ringing the bell, or is he another snake on the block? If you need more information about him, just holler, i've done some extentive studies on Kevin. And please, lets keep the arguements to a minimum. That being said, happy new years and happy discussing!

Did you study his products or his extensive criminal background?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Did you study his products or his extensive criminal background?

yes, read my other reply.

raiden031
01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Just info. for everyone, he says that the reason he went to prison was for a "secret mission", and for the the frauds, he stated that he accepts his fault and is supposedly a good-being now.

He is still a con-artist, but maybe he might be conning people legally now.

dave333
01-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd love to know why you think this, not being offensive, i'm just gathering information, did you have a bad turn with him and his products?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/10/trudeau_infomercials.html
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/trudeau_informercials.html

The guy got himself banned from infomercials. Twice. How do you do that? Not to mention he has to pay a ton of money.

You can probably go to wikipedia and find all sorts of fun stuff about him.

raiden031
01-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Here is a good site with real customer complaints.

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/natural_cures

Fee
01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
His natural cures book includes a quote from a dead doctor that he never met that appears to endorse the book. He seems like a complete fraud to me. He's smart enough to seperate people from their money, it's a shame he's not using that intelligence for good.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Well looks like everyone's unanimous decision on Kevin, throwing this out there for everyone: if Kevin is indeed telling the truth, the government obviously wouldnt like it. They would attack him and try to bring him down as hard as possible. Anyone gotta say in this?

What if the government used people to express their negative "thoughts" on Kevin. What if you were payed to say a statement, then happily live your life with a little cash on hand?

Fee
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
'the government' told Trudeau to put the quote of a dead man on his crummy book?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-01-2009, 08:49 PM
'the government' told Trudeau to put the quote of a dead man on his crummy book?

I think you missed my point, the government wants Trudeau down so they hire lawyers, ordinary citizens, to make him look bad. I just looked at all the feedback, and it looks like Kevin's a top notch scammer.

Fee
01-01-2009, 08:59 PM
We've got a kabillion dollar deficit and 'the government' can afford to pay people to say stuff about Trudeau? Damn, why have I been doing it for free? I miss out on EVERYTHING!

CanadianChic
01-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not a fan. I think I'll create a website where people can donate to my Wimby 2010 vacation. Crap...if everyone on here donated a single dollar to my worthy cause, I would even fly first class. I'll post the site once I get it up and running so you all know where to find it. :twisted:

Deuce
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
The most effective charlatans wrap their message in a few obvious truths, like the value of eating healthy food and the dangers of cigarettes. This makes them seem more credible.
^ Best answer by far.

Chauvalito
01-01-2009, 09:59 PM

He was interviewed by 20/20, or some other news agencies for obvious inconsistencies in his book and for some of the things he has said.

1.) The journalist conducing the interview checked out a few of his sources for the research he claimed supported his thoughts and when he contacted the university they told him no such research had been conducted at their institution. He then lied through his teeth claiming otherwise.

2.) Furthermore he was banned by the FCC for false claims, unsupported statements etc. You can check up on this yourself, the vast majority of his statements are unsupported by any research whatsoever, and are not supported by the FDA.

3.) There are also numerous horror stories for people who have followed his suggestions and have become more sick

4. He has been arrested twice for fraud related charges, and reprimanded by the FCC numerous times.

3. My own assessment of his claims, behavior, and the subsequent numerous demonstrations of the unsupported facts he endorses leads me to believe he is a compulsive liar with serious delusions of grandeur...and no regard for the lives he is effecting by publishing such utter BS.

Here is the link to the 20/20 interview, I hope you watch it. It is eye opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms

Leelord337
01-01-2009, 10:07 PM
i think kevin trudeau's attempts to get more viewers by having playboy playmates in his infomercials are just really funny. i never watch them but i see them on the tennis channel sometimes "debt cures they dont want u to know about" etc...but the guy is very sharp and can sell anything

crash1929
01-01-2009, 10:48 PM
total used car salesman. just my impression. wasn't he doing mega memory one day then miralce cancer cure pill the next?

Deuce
01-02-2009, 12:45 AM
He was interviewed by 20/20, or some other news agencies for obvious inconsistencies in his book and for some of the things he has said.

1.) The journalist conducing the interview checked out a few of his sources for the research he claimed supported his thoughts and when he contacted the university they told him no such research had been conducted at their institution. He then lied through his teeth claiming otherwise.

2.) Furthermore he was banned by the FCC for false claims, unsupported statements etc. You can check up on this yourself, the vast majority of his statements are unsupported by any research whatsoever, and are not supported by the FDA.

3.) There are also numerous horror stories for people who have followed his suggestions and have become more sick

4. He has been arrested twice for fraud related charges, and reprimanded by the FCC numerous times.

3. My own assessment of his claims, behavior, and the subsequent numerous demonstrations of the unsupported facts he endorses leads me to believe he is a compulsive liar with serious delusions of grandeur...and no regard for the lives he is effecting by publishing such utter BS.

Here is the link to the 20/20 interview, I hope you watch it. It is eye opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms
I'm not going to defend Kevin Trudeau, but ABC News (or any mainstream news agency) and the FDA are certainly not examples of credible entities.
Mainstream news agencies and the FDA are quite corrupt themselves, and should not be held up in a positive, honest light.

dave333
01-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Well looks like everyone's unanimous decision on Kevin, throwing this out there for everyone: if Kevin is indeed telling the truth, the government obviously wouldnt like it. They would attack him and try to bring him down as hard as possible. Anyone gotta say in this?

What if the government used people to express their negative "thoughts" on Kevin. What if you were payed to say a statement, then happily live your life with a little cash on hand?

And have you considered that Trudeau paid people off to say that it worked for them?

I don't see the point of debating this. Trudeau bases virtually all of his claims on unverified anecdotes, theories, and the conspiracy like above. To believe him, you really just need to take a leap of faith and take his word to be correct.

crash1929
01-02-2009, 04:15 AM

lol

lainey80
01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
He's an incredible person.
He's not B.S. give me a break.
He's giving out information that is helping.
He may have had some out-ethics in the past, but he's cleaned that up.
Kevin Trudeau contributes a lot.

raiden031
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Are you sure about that? Why are there hundreds of complaints about his company charging people's credit cards each month without their approval?

LuckyR
01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Why would you pay money for a free idea?

Fee
01-02-2009, 02:46 PM

How is he incredible? What information is helping and who is it helping? What has he contributed and to whom (other than his wallet)?

If you have read one of his books cover to cover and have directly benefitted from the information in there, please share the specifics with us. I am very curious.

Kobble
01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
When I saw Kevin do Mega Memory I thought, this guy is just trying to make a buck. After I saw his latest ****, I thought, this is a guy trying to make a buck with scams. Guilty. Used car salesman all the way, but with the balls to trash his name on national tv. Pathetic.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I honestly expected more controversy over his credibility, he actually had many good points, I do wonder though, does linseed-oil actually cure breast cancer faster than chemotherapy?

Also may I point out: the issues that he talks of are gray areas, for ex. he says that the sun is good for your skin, and you shouldnt use sun block because its full of hazardous materials, and recommends using "organic" sun block. One of the posters may be right though, he may just be using a couple facts to establish his fake credibility.

Fee
01-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I honestly expected more controversy over his credibility, he actually had many good points, I do wonder though, does linseed-oil actually cure breast cancer faster than chemotherapy?

Also may I point out: the issues that he talks of are gray areas, for ex. he says that the sun is good for your skin, and you shouldnt use sun block because its full of hazardous materials, and recommends using "organic" sun block. One of the posters may be right though, he may just be using a couple facts to establish his fake credibility.

How does he define 'organic sunblock'?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
How does he define 'organic sunblock'?

sunblock without the nasty chemicals inside, there was a thread on here about using sunblock. Basically anything organic is something that wont hurt you (based on what i've learned).

Leelord337
01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
^^^my ex was into the whole organic/whole foods thing bigtime actually, she was very healthy nonetheless, she even refused to use regular mosquito spray as deet is terrible for your skin, she used garlic, lol

Fee
01-03-2009, 01:10 PM
sunblock without the nasty chemicals inside, there was a thread on here about using sunblock. Basically anything organic is something that wont hurt you (based on what i've learned).

That doesn't really tell me anything. Does he name specific ingredients to use or avoid? Does he mention name brands? I've been reading about and studying sunscreens for years and the term 'organic' applied to sunscreen just doesn't make sense. Does he mean mineral sunscreens like zinc oxide?

There have been about 20 threads here on sunscreen, by the way.

As for linseed oil curing breast cancer, surely Mr. Trudeau cited a published, peer-reviewed, double blind scientific study to back up is claim that something used to polish hardwood floors is also a cancer cure? It must be listed in the footnotes/sources section of his book somewhere.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
That doesn't really tell me anything. Does he name specific ingredients to use or avoid? Does he mention name brands? I've been reading about and studying sunscreens for years and the term 'organic' applied to sunscreen just doesn't make sense. Does he mean mineral sunscreens like zinc oxide?

There have been about 20 threads here on sunscreen, by the way.

As for linseed oil curing breast cancer, surely Mr. Trudeau cited a published, peer-reviewed, double blind scientific study to back up is claim that something used to polish hardwood floors is also a cancer cure? It must be listed in the footnotes/sources section of his book somewhere.

I think it was zinc as you stated, as for the linseed oil he said its unpatented so the drug companies couldnt make money off of it, so they keep the information secret and keep it away from public, Kevins evidence is "people" have used it and got cured all around the world (but the oil comes from Canada).

Fee
01-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Oh, okay, 'people'. Good to know. So you are reading his book cover to cover and taking his advice?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh, okay, 'people'. Good to know. So you are reading his book cover to cover and taking his advice?

The reason i made this thread is to determine whether i can trust him or not.

stormholloway
01-03-2009, 01:25 PM

The first portion may be true, but the bold part makes a leap of logic.

Just because one man committed a crime in the past doesn't mean everything he's saying is wrong. This is just a cheap attempt to discredit some very good ideas.

If anyone is a charlatan, it's the pharmaceutical industry and the health industry in general. Humans can fend off and cleanse themselves of any ailment naturally. Most of what I've heard Trudeau say is absolutely true. People talk about the criminal past of Trudeau, but I never hear anyone talk about Bayer's AIDS tainted hemophiliac drug or the absolutely toxic array of vaccines that flood clinics every year. Let's put things in perspective.

There are many criminals who say the world is round. Does this mean it's flat? Kevin Trudeau is not the essence of natural cures. He is only a spokesman and a businessman. Do your own research.

Fee
01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
The reason i made this thread is to determine whether i can trust him or not.

Do you really think that linseed oil can cure breast cancer? This is one of the leading killers of US women today, and it's an extremely costly disease. Don't you think that every health insurance company in this country would DEMAND evidence if there was a real possibility that something so cheap could be a viable treatment? It's easy to say 'oh big pharma wants to make money' and the government is conspiring against us and all that other paranoid BS, but the insurance companies drive a lot of health care decisions these days and I would bet my car that if linseed oil could honestly cure cancer the insurance companies would be all over it like white on rice.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Do you really think that linseed oil can cure breast cancer? This is one of the leading killers of US women today, and it's an extremely costly disease. Don't you think that every health insurance company in this country would DEMAND evidence if there was a real possibility that something so cheap could be a viable treatment? It's easy to say 'oh big pharma wants to make money' and the government is conspiring against us and all that other paranoid BS, but the insurance companies drive a lot of health care decisions these days and I would bet my car that if linseed oil could honestly cure cancer the insurance companies would be all over it like white on rice.

well, why dont you try it for yourself, its not going to kill you or anything, I was simply asking for people's results on these forums of his credibility, but its known that corruption is around, and its not going to get better from here.

Fee
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't have breast cancer, why would I use linseed oil?

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not going to defend Kevin Trudeau, but ABC News (or any mainstream news agency) and the FDA are certainly not examples of credible entities.
Mainstream news agencies and the FDA are quite corrupt themselves, and should not be held up in a positive, honest light.

I have presented evidence in support of what I previously posted based on the mans character as evidenced by his numerous arrests and reprimands, and based on a journalistic investigation. Furthermore, I will agree with you to a certain extent that bias exists in the media. However I have no evidence to support corruption within the FDA, especially to the extent that Trudeau claims, I therefore will not state that there is corruption within the FDA when I have no credible evidence to back up my statements.

I also want to comment on the news story which I linked too. In no way did they explicitly side with the FDA in the story, though one can assume that by discrediting Trudeau they have sided with the FDA, this is an assumption on the viewers part and may or may not be true. The best part of the clip occurs when the Trudeau is confronted with the fact that the University of Calgary has conducted no research pertaining to the claims that Trudeau has made. If there is a way to discredit Trudeau in a more powerful manner, I don't know what it is.

Therefore, without evidence to support your claims from credible sources I will assume that your thoughts on the FDA have no merit.

The irony is quite comical in this case, because you have basically done what Trudeau does, which is make claims with no evidence or support whatsoever to back up those statements.

However, I would be interested in hearing how the FDA is corrupt provided you refer to credible sources, as I said previously, I am aware of the bias demonstrated in the media.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 01:38 PM

We are waiting for evidence to support your claims, the evidence to the contrary is vast.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't have breast cancer, why would I use linseed oil?

I dont know Fee, go test on on someone and please send me your results, I would be interested in knowing =), on a more serious side, I think only results can prove that he is wrong, and whether or not a past full of crimes has anything to do with it or not.

Fee
01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I dont know Fee, go test on on someone and please send me your results, I would be interested in knowing =), on a more serious side, I think only results can prove that he is wrong, and whether or not a past full of crimes has anything to do with it or not.

Okay. I'm not sure what you are getting at anymore. Perhaps you started this thread because you wanted the people here to provide the answers for you instead of helping you to think it through and figure it out for yourself?

I used to be very into 'natural cures' and honestly believed that I wasn't seeing results because I 'wasn't doing it right'. Then I learned about things like real science, published peer reviewed double blind studies (even participated in one of those myself), and the danger of anecdotal evidence. I've saved myself a lot of money in the last few years.

Good luck on your quest.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
The first portion may be true, but the bold part makes a leap of logic.

Just because one man committed a crime in the past doesn't mean everything he's saying is wrong. This is just a cheap attempt to discredit some very good ideas.

If anyone is a charlatan, it's the pharmaceutical industry and the health industry in general. Humans can fend off and cleanse themselves of any ailment naturally. Most of what I've heard Trudeau say is absolutely true. People talk about the criminal past of Trudeau, but I never hear anyone talk about Bayer's AIDS tainted hemophiliac drug or the absolutely toxic array of vaccines that flood clinics every year. Let's put things in perspective.

Is the above not a leap of logic, and do the pharmaceutical industry and health industry in general not deserve the second chance you are awarding Trudeau?

You mention good ideas, we would be happy to entertain those good ideas provided they are supported by credible research and or sources. Anecdotal evidence does not generalize to the greater population.

How can we fend of AIDS naturally, or Cancer, or Parkinson's, or Alzheimer's? I would really like to know, especially as a future medical researcher. Without citing any evidence for you claims you essentially repeat what Trudeau has been accused of doing...which is making claims without evidence to back them up.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 01:55 PM
well, why dont you try it for yourself, its not going to kill you or anything, I was simply asking for people's results on these forums of his credibility, but its known that corruption is around, and its not going to get better from here.

Your statement is quite damning of the health and medicine industry, as well as the FDA, but you do not provide any evidence to support your statements.

What corruption, define it describe it, show us what it is, you can't just say that something exists and not provide some evidence of it.

I hope you understand that I am not disagreeing with you, I am just asking for evidence....

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 02:04 PM

If your going to wait for research to prove Trudeau wrong, your going to be waiting for the rest of your life.

In other words, the medical community will not likely spend valuable research and grant funds to determine whether a man with no scientific background, no education in science, no research to his name is right concerning claims about curing disease that he created out of thin air.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Your statement is quite damning of the health and medicine industry, as well as the FDA, but you do not provide any evidence to support your statements.

What corruption, define it describe it, show us what it is, you can't just say that something exists and not provide some evidence of it.

I hope you understand that I am not disagreeing with you, I am just asking for evidence....

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the strings arent being pulled by the leader of the U.S., I dont have any evidence, im just saying.

stormholloway
01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Is the above not a leap of logic, and do the pharmaceutical industry and health industry in general not deserve the second chance you are awarding Trudeau?

Second chance? How can that even apply here? The health industry is still in the process of poisoning its customers.

You mention good ideas, we would be happy to entertain those good ideas provided they are supported by credible research and or sources. Anecdotal evidence does not generalize to the greater population.

How can we fend of AIDS naturally, or Cancer, or Parkinson's, or Alzheimer's? I would really like to know, especially as a future medical researcher. Without citing any evidence for you claims you essentially repeat what Trudeau has been accused of doing...which is making claims without evidence to back them up.

Have you read Trudeau's information at length? I'm wondering how can you make these claims.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Second chance? How can that even apply here? The health industry is still in the process of poisoning its customers.

Have you read Trudeau's information at length? I'm wondering how can you make these claims.

How is the health industry poisoning its customers, I ask seriously?

And yes believe it or not, I have Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About, by Kevin Trudeau, it was purchased by a member of my family. I have read parts of the book, but not all of it.

I will admit that I have not cross-referenced all of Trudeau's claims, so you are right to point out that I should be cautious in asserting that "all" of his claims are false...because some of them are not, many are common knowledge and common sense like eating healthy, exercising, and decreasing intake of over processed foods.

I also base my assertions on the work of others who have spent far more time than I scrutinizing his work. For example, Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch.com. His credentials, education, and CV are all available online.

Furthermore, I also use the 20/20 broadcast to support my assertions.

Lastly, one's behavior is indicative of a person's honesty, and believability. If a person has been reprimanded a few times, and then changes his or her ways for the better, I see it as an indication of that persons willingness to acknowledge the mistakes they made, and account for them.

Conversely, if a person who is repeatedly arrested, reprimanded, and stripped of rights based on illegal activities and making false claims, it is indicative of someone who is unwilling to change or take responsibility for their behavior. On some levels it is even indicative of psychopathology. The latter example describes Kevin Trudeau quite well in my opinion. Furthermore, he does not claim to be an expert in one area...he is at the same time, a memory expert, a debt expert, a medical expert, a weight loss expert etc., while not being able to show any indication of training in any of these areas.

However, as you said I encourage people to do the research for themselves.

JohnnyCracker
01-03-2009, 03:13 PM
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the strings arent being pulled by the leader of the U.S., I dont have any evidence, im just saying.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Trudeau is a scammer. However, it does take an idiot to buy his book. :mrgreen:

For 3 easy payments of $99.99 you can have your very own star in the universe. If you make the purchase within the next hour, you'll get a moon as a FREE bonus. And if you make two purchases right now, I'll waive the shipping fee and I'll even throw in a set of knife as a gift. Anyone interested please email me kevinscammer@yahoo.comn :mrgreen:

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Trudeau is a scammer. However, it does take an idiot to buy his book. :mrgreen:

For 3 easy payments of $99.99 you can have your very own star in the universe. If you make the purchase within the next hour, you'll get a moon as a FREE bonus. And if you make two purchases right now, I'll waive the shipping fee and I'll even throw in a set of knife as a gift. Anyone interested please email me kevinscammer@yahoo.comn :mrgreen:

Many people who buy his book are unaware of his sordid past, or reputation, I don't think all of those people are idiots.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Many people who buy his book are unaware of his sordid past, or reputation, I don't think all of those people are idiots.

Okay, wipe his past clean, say he came out of nowhere with these products, what is your attitude towards him?

JohnnyCracker
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
OK, not everybody. Just 99% of them. The other 1% are just ********. :lol:
In his infomercial, which is on the Tennis Channel every night, he claims that his book can cure cancer in 1 week. :lol:
You don't need to be aware of his past to figure it out.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
OK, not everybody. Just 99% of them. The other 1% are just ********. :lol:
In his infomercial, which is on the Tennis Channel every night, he claims that his book can cure cancer in 1 week. :lol:

you do know todays madman can become tomorrows world leading scientist

Fee
01-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Okay, wipe his past clean, say he came out of nowhere with these products, what is your attitude towards him?

My attitude is that if a major university says he lied about a study they never did in his book, then it calls into question just about everything else he says.

Chauvalito, you've read the book (gotta respect that). How often and how well does he cite any reliable sources? Is there anything verifiable in the book or is it, as Ollinger noted earlier, a bunch of hooey thrown in amongst common sense and a few facts to make it look good?

Fee
01-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Did today's madman go to school and study anything, or is he just a self proclaimed expert with no verifiable education who has lied over and over and over to people, and to this day, seems to be ripping people off by charging their credit cards for months on end for something they never ordered?

JohnnyCracker
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM

He's neither a madman nor a scientist. He's a sane scammer. :)

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-03-2009, 04:18 PM
He's neither a madman nor a scientist. He's just a sane scammer. :)

Lol, if you say so.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM

When if ever, has this been true?

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 04:50 PM

My attitude is that if a major university says he lied about a study they never did in his book, then it calls into question just about everything else he says.

Chauvalito, you've read the book (gotta respect that). How often and how well does he cite any reliable sources? Is there anything verifiable in the book or is it, as Ollinger noted earlier, a bunch of hooey thrown in amongst common sense and a few facts to make it look good?

I agree with Fee...and I could go on, but I think I have said all I need to say in this thread.

Anymore would be a waste of time.

CanadianChic
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
It would be great if there really were cures like he claims. This man is an entrepreneurial scam artist who preys on the ignorant, the poor, the sick and the desperate. He is a pathetic man who will get his someday - I believe in Karma.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Fee, in answer to your question the book reads very much like a sort of self help book with various topics/ailments addressed in each chapter with Trudeau describing his supposed cures, he does not cite research, but mentions it in passing, but only rarely, there are no citations, references, or footnotes...if I remember correctly, it has been about a year since I have seen the book.

When I say cite research, I mean literally in parenthesis with the date of publication. This signifies that the author is mentioning an idea mentioned previously in the literature on that subject. It effectively gives credit to the previous researcher and allows someone to go back and read that article if they would like.

I have posted an example below of APA (American Psychological Association) citations. Within the very small paragraph I have posted a lot of research is cited, all of which can be cross-referenced. This is not the case with any of Trudeau's work.

The following comes from the article:

A neuromodulatory role for the human amygdala in processing emotional facial expressions by the following authors: J. S. Morris, K. J. Friston, C. Buchel, C. D. Frith, A. W. Young, A. J. Calder and R. J. Dolan

The survival value conferred by rapid and appropriate
responses to danger will result in the evolutionary selection
of neural mechanisms for processing threatening or fearprovoking
stimuli (Edelman, 1987; Friston et al., 1994;
LeDoux, 1995). Converging neurobiological evidence
suggests that the amygdala is a crucial component in such a
phylogenetically determined neural system. Studies in rodents
strongly implicate the amygdala in the acquisition of fear
responses (LeDoux et al., 1990), while amygdalar lesions in
monkeys produce a characteristic syndrome involving an
absence of normal fear responses to threatening stimuli
(Kluver and Bucy, 1939; Weiskrantz, 1956). In humans,
amygdalar lesions can produce a general reduction of
emotional responses (Aggleton, 1992) and a selective deficit
in the recognition of fearful facial expressions (Adolphs
et al., 1994; Calder et al., 1996). Direct electrical stimulation
of the human amygdala commonly induces fear as well as
other complex sensory and visceral phenomena (Halgren
et al., 1978). Neuroimaging experiments in normal subjects
and patients with anxiety disorders have reported amygdalar
activation with arousing, threatening or fear-provoking stimuli (Breiter et al., 1996a; Cahill et al., 1996; Irwin et al., 1996; Rauch et al., 1996).

Fee
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Chauvalito, that is pretty much what I expected. It seems like he is just making stuff up. Without any citations or sources listed in an index in the back of the book I say it is no more valid than one high school kid walking up to another and saying 'well I heard you can get pregnant from a toilet seat'. I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for info like that, much less $25 or whatever.

Chauvalito
01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Chauvalito, that is pretty much what I expected. It seems like he is just making stuff up. Without any citations or sources listed in an index in the back of the book I say it is no more valid than one high school kid walking up to another and saying 'well I heard you can get pregnant from a toilet seat'. I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for info like that, much less $25 or whatever.

In some small way I have to give credit to him though, he is an incredible salesmen.

He did not even flinch when he was confronted with the fact that he lied about the research from the University of Calgary.

WBF
01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
He's a con-artist, and I am genuinely surprised one of the idiots whose been suckered into his bull hasn't been stupid enough to off the guy.

He deserves it.

Leelord337
01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
It would be great if there really were cures like he claims. This man is an entrepreneurial scam artist who preys on the ignorant, the poor, the sick and the desperate. He is a pathetic man who will get his someday - I believe in Karma.

so true, he has these goofy infomercials that claim outrageous things that aren't possible in the real world. he does prey on the poor like his book "Debt Cures they don't want you to know about" that sells for over 20 dlrs i think...and the "natural cures they don't want you to know about". I just find it funny that a guy who has been in prison for fraud etc.. is now selling these books to people who are desperate and sick like you said. i've never read his books but based on his past i wouldn't want to waste the time.

Deuce
01-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I have presented evidence in support of what I previously posted based on the mans character as evidenced by his numerous arrests and reprimands, and based on a journalistic investigation. Furthermore, I will agree with you to a certain extent that bias exists in the media. However I have no evidence to support corruption within the FDA, especially to the extent that Trudeau claims, I therefore will not state that there is corruption within the FDA when I have no credible evidence to back up my statements.

I also want to comment on the news story which I linked too. In no way did they explicitly side with the FDA in the story, though one can assume that by discrediting Trudeau they have sided with the FDA, this is an assumption on the viewers part and may or may not be true. The best part of the clip occurs when the Trudeau is confronted with the fact that the University of Calgary has conducted no research pertaining to the claims that Trudeau has made. If there is a way to discredit Trudeau in a more powerful manner, I don't know what it is.

Therefore, without evidence to support your claims from credible sources I will assume that your thoughts on the FDA have no merit.

The irony is quite comical in this case, because you have basically done what Trudeau does, which is make claims with no evidence or support whatsoever to back up those statements.

However, I would be interested in hearing how the FDA is corrupt provided you refer to credible sources, as I said previously, I am aware of the bias demonstrated in the media.
^ Wow.
The way you defend the FDA and the 'health industry' (in this and another post of yours), I must wonder if you by any chance work within the industry in some capacity.
In any case, you seem to carry a heavy bias.

You clearly did not comprehend that I am in no way defending Kevin Trudeau.
I simply stated that by you telling us that the mainstream news media and the FDA found him to be corrupt means absolutely nothing, because the mainstream news media and the FDA are both corrupt entities themselves.

You want examples? I'm not going to do the research for you - especially in light of your bias.
You might want to start with the fact that the FDA is a government agency.
I have yet to see a government agency in North America which is not corrupt.
You want specific examples? - look them up yourself - there are plenty. Although, with your bias, I'm sure you'll do your best to not see them.

Originally Posted by ThA_Azn_DeViL
... and in response... When if ever, has this been true?
^ Are you serious?

How about Copernicus... Gallileo... Newton... Columbus... Franklin... Einstein... and several thousands of others.

"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every person who is more insightful than the masses and who is ahead of his/her time will be regarded a fool, or a 'madman'... until time proves him correct.
There are countless examples of this throughout history. Perhaps you should read more.

Once again, slowly, just for you...
I - am - not - defending - Kevin - Trudeau - in - any - way. I - do - not - think - that - he - is - an - honest - man.

raiden031
01-04-2009, 06:48 AM
^ Wow.
The way you defend the FDA and the 'health industry' (in this and another post of yours), I must wonder if you by any chance work within the industry in some capacity.
In any case, you seem to carry a heavy bias.

You clearly did not comprehend that I am in no way defending Kevin Trudeau.
I simply stated that by you telling us that the mainstream news media and the FDA found him to be corrupt means absolutely nothing, because the mainstream news media and the FDA are both corrupt entities themselves.

You want examples? I'm not going to do the research for you - especially in light of your bias.
You might want to start with the fact that the FDA is a government agency.
I have yet to see a government agency in North America which is not corrupt.
You want specific examples? - look them up yourself - there are plenty. Although, with your bias, I'm sure you'll do your best to not see them.

If the FDA and all other government agencies can't be trusted, then who can?

dave333
01-04-2009, 09:11 AM
^^^Conspiracy theorists...duh.

Obviously the FDA and mainstream media have a ton of ****** flaws, but I think the are innocent of some of the crap that comes out of people like Trudeau.

Deuce
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
If the FDA and all other government agencies can't be trusted, then who can?
^ Are you inferring that you trust government run agencies?

If so, feel free to name them.

Conspiracy theorists...duh.
^ No. Simply a realist.

dParis
01-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I met Kevin a couple of times in the late 90's. A smooth operator for sure, polite but always "on the sell". He wouldn't waste time with anyone/anything that he couldn't make money off of.

That said, his books are pure masterpieces. I have a signed copy of "Mega Memory". I don't know how one can put a price on such a valueable tome but, if I can remember where I put it, I might consider parting with it in exchange for a tennis racket.

Leelord337
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
^^interesting, i bet his signature is quite rare

btw, he is the founder of the international pool tour, (billiards) and what they say about him on wiki is really really funny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Pool_Tour

lainey80
01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
I met Kevin a couple of times in the late 90's. A smooth operator for sure, polite but always "on the sell". He wouldn't waste time with anyone/anything that he couldn't make money off of.

That said, his books are pure masterpieces. I have a signed copy of "Mega Memory". I don't know how one can put a price on such a valueable tome but, if I can remember where I put it, I might consider parting with it in exchange for a tennis racket.

this was meant to be ironic? or true?

I refuse to jump on the 'con-artist' bandwagon. I just don't believe it.

Leelord337
01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
^^^hahahaha, i just caught that

lainey80
01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
How is he incredible? What information is helping and who is it helping? What has he contributed and to whom (other than his wallet)?

If you have read one of his books cover to cover and have directly benefitted from the information in there, please share the specifics with us. I am very curious.

yeah, I bet. you're just in love with being right and being a cynic. I'm sorry if I upset you a WHILE back. I know we had differences of opinion on Scientology. I, maybe wasn't helping by the way I was talking about it, but I have gotten benefit from the study tech, I recall us, discussing. I feel there's some tension with us since then. If I added any, I'd like to apologize.

anyways, I like Kevin Trudeau. I know I've heard something about his being in trouble, going to jail and fraud, but I still like what he has to say. nobody's perfect, and I don't think he's ever claimed to be. people can still be smart, contribute to the world, and have their flaws.

I'm not sure, I don't have his book in front of me. it's my dad's book, but I borrowed it and couldn't put it down while I was reading it. He has very simliar views on many things as I do, he advocates wellness, and dabbled in Scientology for a bit. It think he's very wise and maybe he is a business man, and maybe does make people feel he 'scams' them, I just don't believe it.
I've never been scammed by him. my dad bought his books, he liked them, I liked them, I don't see the problem?

Fee
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah, I bet. you're just in love with being right and being a cynic. I'm sorry if I upset you a WHILE back. I know we had differences of opinion on Scientology. I, maybe wasn't helping by the way I was talking about it, but I have gotten benefit from the study tech, I recall us, discussing. I feel there's some tension with us since then. If I added any, I'd like to apologize.

oh nevermind.

El Diablo
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM
No, nobody's perfect, but committing fraud in matters where people's health is at issue is about as far from perfect as one can be.