PDA

View Full Version : Squash :P

raftermania
02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey, I just took up squash in the winter season. I was wondering if anybody is familiar with the rules.

On the serve is it okay to serve overhead? And can the serve hit the backwall or is it only good if it lands on the floor of your opponent's box?

To wrap this thread to tennis in some way; I really suggest taking up squash. It's great for tennis, footwork skills are very similiar if not more rigorous and there is large amount of "wrist flicking" required, which helps you hit similar flicking shots in tennis when you're on the run.

NoBadMojo
02-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Squash is awesome IMO and much better than r-ball or h-ball or paddle tennis because the length of a squash racquet is tennis length, altho you are right about squash technique being alot more wristy mostly..you can still play pretty good squash using more of a tennis wrist though. To serve a player stands with at least part of one foot on the floor within the service box. For a service to be good, it is served directly onto the front wall above the service line and below the out line so that on its return, unless volleyed, it reaches the floor within the back quarter of the court opposite to the server's box.

scez
02-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I would probably sprain my wrist a lot. I tried it once, sadly my tennis skills didnt transfer to squash skills. It was funny seing my 47 year older dad pawn my 20 year old bother.

matchpoints
02-20-2005, 04:30 PM
can you play squash on racqetball courts? i could probably look it up online somehow, but i'm lazy....

NoBadMojo
02-20-2005, 05:14 PM
lol..lots of lazy people around here..a racquetball court is the right width but is quite a bit deeper.also you need a tin or equivalent on the bottom of the front wall....oh..and you need the service lines on the wall.......