PDA

View Full Version : Directv or Dish Network???

FedererForehand
01-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Currently a Dish Network customer considering a move to Directv. I have not had any bad experiences with Dish Network but I saw an ad that would save me about $20/month for the next year or so, then my rates would go back to about where I am at now. Wouldn't have to pay for the switch since Directv would install free.

Is saving $20 a month for a year worth it?

NickC
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I've got DirecTV. It's a bit pricey with the added HD package, but it's kickass, TBH. I have the sports pack and the HD pack, and it's worth it, IMO. My cousin has Dish Network and I tried it out a couple of times at his place and I liked it, but wasn't really impressed. And besides, DirecTV has the Tennis Channel in HD, which is sweet.

FedererForehand
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
anyone else...

scotus
01-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Read the fine prints carefully.

Often you get the low price for 1 year but you need to sign a contract for 2 years to get that low price (especially on the equipment discount).

So be prepared for what you will have to pay the second year.

FedererForehand
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Read the fine prints carefully.

Often you get the low price for 1 year but you need to sign a contract for 2 years to get that low price (especially on the equipment discount).

So be prepared for what you will have to pay the second year.

Yes - I read that my price will go up after 12 months and I am agreeing to be a customer for 18 months. Basically its saving $20/ month for a year then I'd be back where I started from only with a new company.

sureshs
01-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I am getting DirectTV on Monday. To get free dishes and installation, you need to sign up for a 24 month contract (penalty is $20 per remaining month if you quit). But remember to ask for a waiver of the 19.99 "delivery charge." I shouted at them and then they agreed to waive it.

SourStraws
01-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Direct all the way