PDA

View Full Version : Here is my Ivan Lendl Collection

jetlee2k
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
As I promised, I have sometime during the holiday break to take some pictures of my Lendl collection.. Here is it for some of you guys that who are truly Lendl's fan..

Here is the brand new Adidas GTX Pro & MID

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/3161558805_4519332505.jpg

Brand new Adidas GTX Pro-T

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/3161558737_52144e66e3.jpg

Brand new Adidas GTX Pro Boron

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/3161558719_678b3fe25d.jpg

These are racquets sale for public.. I will post some actual Bosworth customize for Lendl next..

jetlee2k
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Here is the GTX MID-T Lendl version.. The Lendl ones are difference mold than the retail one. It's about 5square inch smaller. It's like the exact mold of GTX Pro-T but bigger ...
Most of Lendl racquets weight ranging between 355g-365g UNSTRUNG..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/3161558835_0fd1022e08.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/3161558825_1788d49b21.jpg

here is the overlay of retail version and Lendl Bosworth version

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/3161558817_56d930fef6.jpg

jetlee2k
01-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Here are some brand new Mizuno racquets plus one Bosworth Lendl version.. The Bosworth one weight about 360g, I have another one weight 365g.. I have no ideas why it's 5g difference.. It has some suede or pig skin on the handle.. very very sticky.. I don't know how he played with it.. His grip is quite big i think it's either 4 1/2 or bigger 4 5/8 or something.. The retail racquets weight about 340g with somekind of cushion grip.. They are all disintegrated overtime even though the racquets are brand new..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/3161608333_e30cfe43bb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3256/3161608319_c474ff32cc.jpg

vsdtrek
01-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Absolutely glorious collection - thanks for posting!

I didn't realize there were that many versions, especially the boron. The Miz ones look much bigger but that may be due to the paint job or something with the head shape.

When I first got into tennis, I was deciding between the Lendl GTX, a 200G and a few others. I couldn't demo the GTX and ended up buying a Kneissel Aero. I wish I would have gone with the GTX just for the sake of keeping it.

gocard
01-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Wow you have quite the collection! I remember you were one of the first (if not the first) to have the kps 88 in hand as well. Good stuff, thanks for sharing :)

baseline08thrasher
01-02-2009, 08:47 PM
You're gonna get rich!
=]

But i'd keep those.

Absolutely stunning.
You did very well.

Mick
01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
You're gonna get rich!
=]

But i'd keep those.

Absolutely stunning.
You did very well.

after seeing his collection, i think jetlee2k is the talk tennis screen name for the tennis legend ivan lendl :)

goosala
01-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Man, I'd love to have an Adidas GTX Pro-T just to hit around with. Your collection is amazing. We could not find them here in the states. During the 80's there was only one importer of the GTX Pro-T and he was in California. It was sold for $178 which for back in the late 80's was a lot of dough. How did you get the Lendl Mizuno frames?

Deuce
01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice collection - but it sure does seem like a total waste not to use them for their intended purpose.

Have you ever hit with these frames?
Do you have one of each model that you use for hitting?
If not, with all due respect... you're crazy.

jetlee2k
01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Nice collection - but it sure does seem like a total waste not to use them for their intended purpose.

I hit with every single one of these models.. These are new so I don't hit them but I do play with some use one include Ivan Lendl personal racquets.. I would describe these are the best for serve and monster forehand but not good for volleys..

jetlee2k
01-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Man, I'd love to have an Adidas GTX Pro-T just to hit around with. Your collection is amazing. We could not find them here in the states. During the 80's there was only one importer of the GTX Pro-T and he was in California. It was sold for $178 which for back in the late 80's was a lot of dough. How did you get the Lendl Mizuno frames?

Lendl Mizuno frames I got them in Japan.. Some of the GTX Pro-T are from Germany.. GTX Pros are from France..

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM

deuce you know very well what jet does with his money is his business and is very sane, he can buy every frame in the world and just look at them if he likes. Just because he does not play with them or use them then he is crazy:confused:. What happened to being a collector or investor? they are all crazy?

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I hit with every single one of these models.. These are new so I don't hit them but I do play with some use one include Ivan Lendl personal racquets.. I would describe these are the best for serve and monster forehand but not good for volleys..

not to worry jet, what your really need to do with these frames is to donate them to your nearest drug and prostitute shelter where they can really be appreciated and used, maybe then Deuce will think you are nobel.:)

gymrat76
01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
not to worry jet, what your really need to do with these frames is to donate them to your nearest drug and prostitute shelter where they can really be appreciated and used, maybe then Deuce will think you are nobel.:)

LOL-

Btw- I think, some of us can get a little jealous, but it is kinda normal bec. that is one great collection! I think at one point jet mentioned that he is a 6.0. And he is buying racquets in japan, france, germany..he is a jet setter..so let him enjoy lol
I personally wonder how exactly jet is connected to the pro tennis world. One of the first to test KPS88, Lendl's personal frames and God knows how many other pro racquets he owns..

MIRO_1975
01-03-2009, 09:08 AM
That's a grat collection...! :shock:

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM
LOL-

Btw- I think, some of us can get a little jealous, but it is kinda normal bec. that is one great collection! I think at one point jet mentioned that he is a 6.0. And he is buying racquets in japan, france, germany..he is a jet setter..so let him enjoy lol
I personally wonder how exactly jet is connected to the pro tennis world. One of the first to test KPS88, Lendl's personal frames and God knows how many other pro racquets he owns..

he is very rich and good for him, nothing wrong with being rich. He owns tennis resorts in thailand:confused: , I think he can afford few racquets, money talks and BS walks, you got the dough you can buy anything you like, anything is for sale

max
01-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow! very nice collection. I would like to be able to do the same for the Dunlop Max 200 G iterations. Good work jet!

jetlee2k
01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow! very nice collection. I would like to be able to do the same for the Dunlop Max 200 G iterations. Good work jet!

thank you guys.. I will post my Dunlop 200G MAX collection when I hav some time this weekend..

scotus
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I really like the black/red adidas and the Mizunos. They are beautiful!

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-03-2009, 12:18 PM
As I promised, I have sometime during the holiday break to take some pictures of my Lendl collection.. Here is it for some of you guys that who are truly Lendl's fan..

Here is the brand new Adidas GTX Pro & MID

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/3161558805_4519332505.jpg

Brand new Adidas GTX Pro-T

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/3161558737_52144e66e3.jpg

Brand new Adidas GTX Pro Boron

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/3161558719_678b3fe25d.jpg

These are racquets sale for public.. I will post some actual Bosworth customize for Lendl next..

Jet Li, you are the man, these are the missing pieces in my collection. Any chance I can get 1 each from you?

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Here are some brand new Mizuno racquets plus one Bosworth Lendl version.. The Bosworth one weight about 360g, I have another one weight 365g.. I have no ideas why it's 5g difference.. It has some suede or pig skin on the handle.. very very sticky.. I don't know how he played with it.. His grip is quite big i think it's either 4 1/2 or bigger 4 5/8 or something.. The retail racquets weight about 340g with somekind of cushion grip.. They are all disintegrated overtime even though the racquets are brand new..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/3161608333_e30cfe43bb.jpg

and this one. :)

Mick
01-03-2009, 12:34 PM
deuce you know very well what jet does with his money is his business and is very sane, he can buy every frame in the world and just look at them if he likes. Just because he does not play with them or use them then he is crazy:confused:. What happened to being a collector or investor? they are all crazy?

imho, collectors perform great services to society.
they preserve past creations in their original states for future generations to observe and enjoy.

gymrat76
01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
...for future generations to observe and enjoy.

If only future generations could observe and enjoy...by getting to play with 'em! :)

Deuce
01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes.
Anyone who thinks that using a tennis racquet as a decorative ornament or an unused symbol of status is crazy, and cannot be considered a true fan of the game. Obviously their priorities lie elsewhere.

Real tennis players PLAY with tennis racquets.
Real tennis players realize that the purpose of these objects is to play tennis. They weren't produced to be mere decorations.

^ You're a few days late with this comment, Mike... I believe that 2008 was the year of the ***.

imho, collectors perform great services to society.
they preserve past creations in their original states for future generations to observe and enjoy.
^ See below...
If only future generations could observe and enjoy...by getting to play with 'em! :)
^ Right. Tennis racquets were not made to be merely OBSERVED, but to be USED TO PLAY TENNIS.
Every racquet that is wasted as a decorative piece, or as something to brag about, could be put to much better use by someone who would actually string it up and use it for its intended purpose - to hit tennis balls with on a tennis court.

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Steve, what jet or anyone for that matter does with their frames is non of your business, period. Your priorities is helping prostitues and druggies off the street, good for you. Jet's priority is his business.

If you are telling us how to live our lives then read my signature, you are in need of an ***** wooping :)

Deuce
01-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Steve, what jet or anyone for that matter does with their frames is non of your business, period. Your priorities is helping prostitues and druggies off the street, good for you. Jet's priority is his business.

If you are telling us how to live our lives then read my signature, you are in need of an ***** wooping :)
A public message board is, I believe, intended to invite public comments... which makes all comments made on this board 'my business' - and the business of anyone who wishes to make it his/her business.
You state that what he does with the racquets is "none of my business"... yet you seem to think that my post addressed to him IS YOUR business.

You are nothing if not wholly inconsistent and embarrassingly hypocritical.

Your posts (and your 'cute' little 'signature') demonstrate only that you hold true to your biases and prejudices, and that you lack an understanding of life beyond the norrow field of your tainted vision.

tandayu
01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Jet

Absolutely marvelous collection, thanks for sharing your collection..... I know you have much more than these in the pictures...so I am waiting to see more pictures...

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
A public message board is, I believe, intended to invite public comments... which makes all comments made on this board 'my business' - and the business of anyone who wishes to make it his/her business.
You state that what he does with the racquets is "none of my business"... yet you seem to think that my post addressed to him IS YOUR business.

You are nothing if not wholly inconsistent and embarrassingly hypocritical.

Your posts (and your 'cute' little 'signature') demonstrate only that you hold true to your biases and prejudices, and that you lack an understanding of life beyond the norrow field of your tainted vision.
You hold true to your biases and prejudices as well, steve. Hey don't throw a hissy because I called you out on this. You are calling a fellow tennis frame collector crazy. Leave him alone steve. I do not know who is crazier you or Mark Twain:shock:

I suppose Tandayu is crazy too in your eyes?

Deuce
01-03-2009, 11:00 PM
You hold true to your biases and prejudices as well, steve. Hey don't throw a hissy because I called you out on this. You are calling a fellow tennis frame collector crazy. Leave him alone steve. I do not know who is crazier you or Mark Twain:shock:

I suppose Tandayu is crazy too in your eyes?
You're as hypocritical as they come, Mike - I can't criticize others, but you can criticize me.

Of course, you're a fellow racquet collector - so of course your bias will be on the side of the collector.
I, myself, prefer to actually PLAY with racquets, rather than sit on my *** admiring them, or showing them off to others for the benefit of my ego.

Again - publicly posted message = invitation to post comments and opinions.

Tell me all you like that I don't have the right to post my opinion (because it differs with yours) - and see how much good it does.

DJG
01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks for posting these. A very nice collection.

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 11:11 PM
You're as hypocritical as they come, Mike - I can't criticize others, but you can criticize me.

Of course, you're a fellow racquet collector - so of course your bias will be on the side of the collector.
I, myself, prefer to actually PLAY with racquets, rather than sit on my *** admiring them, or showing them off to others for the benefit of my ego.

Again - publicly posted message = invitation to post comments and opinions.

Tell me all you like that I don't have the right to post my opinion (because it differs with yours) - and see how much good it does.
You do not have the right to call people crazy steve, plain and simple. Given your line of work I thought you knew better. There you go using words like *** and ego which has nothing to do with the discussion.

Bosworth has the biggest collection known to man, is he crazy?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/kuebler.html

Are all these collections on the wall stupid and crazy? We should burn them or donate them to our nearest drug and prostitute shelter so you can be happy.:cry:

Deuce
01-03-2009, 11:19 PM
You do not have the right to call people crazy steve, plain and simple. Given your line of work I thought you knew better. There you go using words like *** and ego which has nothing to do with the discussion.

Bosworth has the biggest collection known to man, is he crazy?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/kuebler.html

Are all these collections on the wall stupid and crazy? We should burn them or donate them to our nearest drug and prostitute shelter so you can be happy.:cry:
As is often the case, you're being irrational, and trying to bring this down to a level where you're comfortable.

I've stated my position - that tennis racquets should be used for their intended purpose, and not be wasted as mere decorations.
And I feel that TRUE fans of the game will use racquets on the court, rather than allow them to go to waste on the wall as a mere decoration, and to periodically show them off for others to 'admire'.

The real admiration and appreciation of a racquet comes in how it plays.
What in hell is there to admire or appreciate about a racquet that isn't used? How 'pretty' it is?

Pro_Tour_630
01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
As is often the case, you're being irrational, and trying to bring this down to a level where you're comfortable.

I've stated my position - that tennis racquets should be used for their intended purpose, and not be wasted as mere decorations.
And I feel that TRUE fans of the game will use racquets on the court, rather than allow them to go to waste on the wall as a mere decoration, and to periodically show them off for others to 'admire'.

What in hell is there to admire or appreciate about a racquet that isn't used? How 'pretty' it is?
it is not my level, it is the descent level, had you stated that and left it at that, then fine you are the true fan. you go girl. when you call people crazy, you crossed the line, big difference. That is all for now steve. Don't be upset. Go and give Jet a hug and apologize for calling him a crazy nut. Next time I am in Motreal I am bringing a collection. And yes I will donate many of them to youths who will actually play with them.

not to worry I showed jet a thing or two about how I really feel about his collection check it out
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2974389&posted=1#post2974389

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
No matter how many times I see those Adidas racquets, it can never be enough. This is my most favorite thread since I joined TW, besides the "Guys only: best legs and other best female issues" of course. :) Thanks Jet Li.

leonidas1982
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
What are the specs? Thanks.

Mick
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
No matter how many times I see those Adidas racquets, it can never be enough. This is my most favorite thread since I joined TW, besides the "Guys only: best legs and other best female issues" of course. :) Thanks Jet Li.

Lendl and Federer Fan,
Check out my bottle opener :)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ngd1rt.jpg

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Lendl and Federer Fan,
Check out my bottle opener :)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ngd1rt.jpg

Mick, I swear you were that dude outbidded me few years ago at the bay for this item. I was that close. :)

Mick
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Mick, I swear you were that dude outbidded me few years ago at the bay for this item. I was that close. :)

if i did -- then i am truly sorry :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
if i did -- then i am truly sorry :)

No, no... no need to be sorry, it is only fair the item goes to the highest bidder in life. :)

Leelord337
01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
^^haha, how much did it go for?

Mick
01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
^^haha, how much did it go for?

it was a while ago so i don't remember the exact price.
all i remember is the shipping price from france to the united states was quite expensive. it was a lot more expensive than the price paid for the product.

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Jet Li, could you post your Head Prestige Mid collection? :)

jetlee2k
01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey Jet Li, could you post your Head Prestige Mid collection? :)

that's another large collection.. from pre head prestige. ... head TXP to head prestige PRO 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation and etc.. I will eventually post some of it..

matchmaker
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
that's another large collection.. from pre head prestige. ... head TXP to head prestige PRO 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation and etc.. I will eventually post some of it..

Wow, I am looking forward to that thread...

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks!!! I thought you were going to start from the Head Pro Maark first. :wink: I am greedy, how about Agassi's racquets?? We know Pistol Pete only use the SV PS85, so there is not much to see there, unless you have like 50 brand new ones. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
We can now declare jetlee2k the undisputed king of tennis racquets. :)

Pete Semper
01-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Huge collection ! Thanks for sharing with us. I was a great Lendl fan when I was 9-12. (I shed some tears when he lost against Chang in 89).

jetlee2k
01-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks!!! I thought you were going to start from the Head Pro Maark first. :wink: I am greedy, how about Agassi's racquets?? We know Pistol Pete only use the SV PS85, so there is not much to see there, unless you have like 50 brand new ones. :)

Agassi is not in my collection b/c he always use OVERSIZE racquet.. The only Oversize racquet that I collection is the PRINCE BORON PRO (the original first version not the OVERSIZE & 110 remake version)..

Vilas, Lendl, Becker, Edberg, Sampras, Yannick Noah, Federer are my idols and I have almost all of them in my collection..

I have only 5 St. Vincent brand new, 3 are framed in the clubs.. The St. Vincent and racquets from Lendl, Edberg, Sampras, Federer are the most value in South East Asia.. It's like 2-3 times than the rest of the world.. There are more fanatics guys like me in Asia I guess..

jetlee2k
01-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks!!! I thought you were going to start from the Head Pro Maark first.

Head made too many models in the early days.. it would take months just for taking pictures and display it.. I am going to display the whole PRESTIGE collection plus some pre-prestige or at least close to it..

Mick
01-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Agassi is not in my collection b/c he always use OVERSIZE racquet.. The only Oversize racquet that I collection is the PRINCE BORON PRO (the original first version not the OVERSIZE & 110 remake version)..

Vilas, Lendl, Becker, Edberg, Sampras, Yannick Noah, Federer are my idols and I have almost all of them in my collection..

I have only 5 St. Vincent brand new, 3 are framed in the clubs.. The St. Vincent and racquets from Lendl, Edberg, Sampras, Federer are the most value in South East Asia.. It's like 2-3 times than the rest of the world.. There are more fanatics guys like me in Asia I guess..

it appears that all your idols have a common charateristic: they all played with a one handed backhand

not only did agassi play with an oversize racquet but he also played with a two handed backhand

scotus
01-06-2009, 07:22 AM
jetlee2k,

Did you collect these racquets while they were still in production, or long after they were discontinued?

jetlee2k
01-06-2009, 07:25 AM
it appears that all your idols have a common charateristic: they all played with a one handed backhand

not only did agassi play with an oversize racquet but he also played with a two handed backhand

that's a good notice.. I play with 1HBH and actually my 1hbh is better than my forehand.. most of the guys play against me after awhile start to realize that fact.. They all said that I hid/disguise my 1hbh pretty well.. They don't know if it's a slice, a full swing or a drop shot.. Edberg, Becker got great backhand but I think the French guys Cedric Piolin, Gasquet got the most fluid and beautiful shots for the bh..

As much as I like Nadal, I don't collect his stuff except for the shoes and clothing.. 100square inch racquet with 2hbh are not my favorite for collection..

Al Czervik
01-06-2009, 07:37 AM
If you have the white Adidas Edberg racquet that he used for like two weeks, you are officially a god.

jetlee2k
01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
If you have the white Adidas Edberg racquet that he used for like two weeks, you are officially a god.

You meant Adidas Delta club 1 and 2 or something like that..?? let me see what I can do.. Fore sure I got 1 but I don't know where.. ....

jetlee2k
01-06-2009, 07:55 AM
jetlee2k,

Did you collect these racquets while they were still in production, or long after they were discontinued?

I just start collecting the racquets for the past 2 years.. So everything is bought on the big site.. some thru TW members here.. and some thru connection who introduced me to the source.. You will be surprised there a few great racquet collectors in this TW forum.. As I said before, mine is just a humbling part of it.. and not even close to some of the collectors in here. In either way, I have to take pictures of my collection before I ship some of them to Asia so I want to show it here for the members who have the passion and appreciation for tennis racquets..

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I just start collecting the racquets for the past 2 years.. So everything is bought on the big site.. some thru TW members here.. and some thru connection who introduced me to the source.. You will be surprised there a few great racquet collectors in this TW forum.. As I said before, mine is just a humbling part of it.. and not even close to some of the collectors in here. In either way, I have to take pictures of my collection before I ship some of them to Asia so I want to show it here for the members who have the passion and appreciation for tennis racquets..

That is impressive work in 2 years. I bought about 8 racquets during the holidays, at this tortoise pace, I think I would have a respectable collection in about 10 years. :oops:

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
You meant Adidas Delta club 1 and 2 or something like that..?? let me see what I can do.. Fore sure I got 1 but I don't know where.. ....

I have 1 Adidas Delta 2, but no Delta 1.

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM

that's a good notice.. I play with 1HBH and actually my 1hbh is better than my forehand.. most of the guys play against me after awhile start to realize that fact.. They all said that I hid/disguise my 1hbh pretty well.. They don't know if it's a slice, a full swing or a drop shot.. Edberg, Becker got great backhand but I think the French guys Cedric Piolin, Gasquet got the most fluid and beautiful shots for the bh..

As much as I like Nadal, I don't collect his stuff except for the shoes and clothing.. 100square inch racquet with 2hbh are not my favorite for collection..

Yeah guys, I am not a big fan of >mid racquet. I only have a handful of rare OS, I had a 2hbh when I was in HS, switched to 1hbh (S&V) in college with the 200g Max.
I was just curious to see all Agassi's racquets since I took a long leave from tennis after Lendl and Edberg retired. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Head made too many models in the early days.. it would take months just for taking pictures and display it.. I am going to display the whole PRESTIGE collection plus some pre-prestige or at least close to it..

Looking forward to these! Thanks Jet Li. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-08-2009, 10:37 PM
bumped, easy for me to find this thread and look at the beautiful pictures. :)

Flyzy
01-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone,
Mighty nice collection.

I myself play with a Kneissl white star pro masters,
and an Adidas GTX-pro (made in Austria), love playing with them.
Prefer them over my Wilson Hyper Hammer,
only get a sour elbow because of them.
It's strange that i see hard arguments here about being a fan or not,
being crazy or not, and who may criticize who.
Not that my opinion is a standard,
but i believe that there are all kinds of fans and people.
Some fans play the game themselves,
some only like to look at it on TV or live,
or even go to every match of their favorite, some do both.
Are people crazy because they only collect stuff, sell collectors items,
don't play with racquets they own or think
you need to play in order to be a real fan?
Personally i don't think so, because everyone
acts according to their own needs and interests.
In my opinion it's also very normal that one would
declare someone else crazy, when that person does things
you would never be able to do because it goes
directly against your personal interests,
or just because you don't understand that persons action.
Concerning the criticizing, everyone has the right to do so,
but the most polite way to do it, is to keep it constructive,
and not negative in any way, that's my view on this.
But hey, that's just me thinking, and i always try to understand others opinion.

Again, great collection, which i had even more different versions of them.
Keep cool

Leelord337
01-09-2009, 04:09 AM
^^^haha you're going to fit in just fine here at tt. I think you could've summed that up by saying they're just jealous ;)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Bumped... :)

Mick
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Bumped... :)

Here are some of my stuff.

the other day, a lendl fan (me) met a federer fan (the other guy) on the tennis court and it was quite a battle :)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lxh18m.jpg

jetlee2k
01-11-2009, 09:00 PM

the other day, a lendl fan (me) met a federer fan (the other guy) on the tennis court and it was quite a battle :)

man.. that's some new lendl's outfit.. I got quite a few of those collection too.. from bag.. clothings.. shoes and even wrist band.. I got some Mizuno Eagle outfit too.. those are beautiful..

My prestige collection is almost done.. well.. may be another week.. there are too too many of them.. but I think you all will like it..

Mick
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
man.. that's some new lendl's outfit.. I got quite a few of those collection too.. from bag.. clothings.. shoes and even wrist band.. I got some Mizuno Eagle outfit too.. those are beautiful..

My prestige collection is almost done.. well.. may be another week.. there are too too many of them.. but I think you all will like it..

i collected lendl clothings first and then later his racquets.
unfortunately, because my number 1 idol is bjorn borg, i can't pull off the lendl look: lendl was very clean cut and i got shoulder length hair :)

we all are looking forward to seeing your prestige collection. Thanks!

Leelord337
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
^^^amazing lendl outfits mick, it would be interesting to have a wall of every legend pro's outfit framed. like rod laver's outfit,then lendl, then borg, then agassi (in the 80s), then Federer (rf shirt)

Mick
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
^^^amazing lendl outfits mick, it would be interesting to have a wall of every legend pro's outfit framed. like rod laver's outfit,then lendl, then borg, then agassi (in the 80s), then Federer (rf shirt)

it sure would be nice to view such a collection :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM

Mick, you always have some nice stuffs. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM

Looking forward to these pictures. Thanks. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Bumped......

jetlee2k
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
i collected lendl clothings first and then later his racquets.
unfortunately, because my number 1 idol is bjorn borg, i can't pull off the lendl look: lendl was very clean cut and i got shoulder length hair :)

we all are looking forward to seeing your prestige collection. Thanks!

I am a clean cut guy.. almost too clean cut like a Shaolin Monk I would say.. The Lendl look outfit is good on me.. We should trade some Lendl and Borg stuff..

jetlee2k
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Bumped......

sorry man.. there are still a few.. I need to make it nice & complete.. can't do a half half collection.. I am missing one special racquet.. which is the Prestige Pro USA version.. which is italic "prestige" then the capital PRO with the USA flag.. I swear I got a nice one somewhere but I look all over the place and still can not find it.. .. Most of my collection have at least 3 racquets.. b/c I want to display them in 3 clubs but I could only find 1 racquet for that particular model.. :(( .. hang tight.. it will complete SOON

Hollywood2
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Phenomenal collection....speechless. Brings back instant memories. :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
sorry man.. there are still a few.. I need to make it nice & complete.. can't do a half half collection.. I am missing one special racquet.. which is the Prestige Pro USA version.. which is italic "prestige" then the capital PRO with the USA flag.. I swear I got a nice one somewhere but I look all over the place and still can not find it.. .. Most of my collection have at least 3 racquets.. b/c I want to display them in 3 clubs but I could only find 1 racquet for that particular model.. :(( .. hang tight.. it will complete SOON

Jet Li, take your time and show us when you are ready. :)

red clay
03-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Incredible collection!!!!
May I ask you for the specs of the mizuno 90 sqi?.
I do have two of them and - one L3 and other L5 and they are with different strings patron`s. 18x20 and 19x18.
Thanks.
AED

Flyzy
03-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Hi red clay,
Do you have pictures of your mizuno 90 sqi ?
Regards,
Joeri

lachlantaylor
04-04-2009, 02:58 AM
G'day,
Love the adidas Lendl collection. You mentioned that they are for sale. I would be interested in a GTX and a GTX Pro T. How much would you be asking for one of each?

Regards
Lachlan

lachlantaylor
04-04-2009, 03:04 AM
G'day,
Love the adidas Lendl collection. You mentioned that they are for sale. I would be interested in a GTX Pro and a GTX Pro T. How much would you be asking for one of each?

Regards
Lachlan

Lefty78
04-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Edberg, Becker got great backhand but I think the French guys Cedric Piolin, Gasquet got the most fluid and beautiful shots for the bh..

If I could have anyone's 1hbh all time, I would take Guga's in a heartbeat. Hip injuries kept him from doing some truly special things.

Very impressive collection though, thanks for sharing.

Lefty78
04-04-2009, 07:28 AM
G'day,
Love the adidas Lendl collection. You mentioned that they are for sale. I would be interested in a GTX Pro and a GTX Pro T. How much would you be asking for one of each?

Regards
Lachlan

Think you misunderstood. I believe he meant that some of the racquets are "off the shelf" as they were originally for sale to the public, as opposed to the Bosworth customized frames that Lendl actually used.

lachlantaylor
04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Yeah I got that from reading the comments again but that doesn't mean that they may not be for sale now....
at least I hope that one or two may be on offer as I am a huge Lendl fan from the 80's and would love to have a couple of his adidas racquets.

zapvor
04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
after seeing his collection, i think jetlee2k is the talk tennis screen name for the tennis legend ivan lendl :)

i concur. but he also has all the classic prestige frames too. jetlee is some ATP executive.

gflyer
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
gorgeous collection.
thank you for posting.

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-05-2009, 11:10 AM

Sorry, Mick, I missed your point there.

I know, it would be like my left hand clashes with my right hand. :)

Mick
05-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Sorry, Mick, I missed your point there.

I know, it would be like my left hand clashes with my right hand. :)

later on, i got to play a match with the guy. it turns out he doesn't play as well in a match as he does in practice. in practice, all the shots look solid but in match play, they are exploitable.

kuyaariel
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Man, I go to look at some pictures of cool racquets and get blindsided by personal bickering

WORLDWITHINAWORLD
02-22-2010, 09:35 AM

OPINION POSITIONS THAT ARE BLACK AND WHITE ( EITHER-OR ) ARE DIFFICULT TO JUSTIFY.A RACKET COLLECTOR THAT IS IN A POSITION TO PRESERVE HISTORIC, UNSTRUNG, AESTHETICALLY PLEASING FRAMES HAS THE ABILITY,ALSO TO FIND/PURCHASE USED, STRUNG FRAMES . THE SCRATCHED-UP STRUNG FRAMES COULD THEN BE TAKEN TO THE COURTS. BOTH OF THESE COURSES OF ACTION PUTS THE FRAMES IN PUBLIC VIEW AND BECOMES A CONVERSATION PIECE, WHICH INCREASES INTEREST IN THE SPORT BY DISPLAYING THE RECENT HISTORY AND ENGINEERING EVOLUTION OF THE FRAMES. I FIND BOTH STRATEGIES TO BE BENEFICIAL TO TENNIS.

VGP
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I miss Deuce.

pshulam
03-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I miss Deuce.
I too miss Deuce's presence. Tough highly opinionated and not always going with the flow, he/she often had many valid points. I do not know why he/she was banned but speculate that it was his/her viewpoints against modern tennis racquet technology.

freshhh
11-11-2010, 03:44 PM
wow amazing collection! could you please get accurate measures of Lend's personal racquets? balance & also swingweight & RA (rigidity) if you know where to find a high-end pro machine like Tecnifibre / Babolat !

thanks a lot in advance :)

joe sch
11-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Regarding the lendl rackets, I like the earliest kneissl models the most for hitting pleasure. The adidas and mizuno's were all great hitters, but the kneissl had more flex. Check out some of the model variants in a recent picture I took:

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/woodtennis/rackets/kneissl/

Kneisslnutter
11-21-2010, 10:45 PM
When I finish my kneissl collection, I hope to catch up. Just tracked down a super vario!! Very nice pics

struggle
11-23-2010, 09:58 AM
the late 80's adidas lendl shoe is still my favorite of all time.