PDA

View Full Version : Ambi Forehand + Some other questions

Gogg
01-03-2009, 04:37 AM
Lately I've been training my non dominant hand to hit ground strokes. My 2 handed backhand on my non dominant hand is pretty decent, I have good control and power when I want it. My forehand on the other hand is out of whack. It's loaded with power, but I can't control it all. Sometimes I can't even loop my forehands. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to break this barrier.

I also had some other questions. If a ball had enough back spin to bounce onto your opponent's side and back to yours without he/she hitting the ball, and you did not manage to return the ball back, whose point would it be?

The other questions concern hitting a player. If you hit your opponent a lot would you be penalized? Also, would it be your point if it hit them? If it hit them, but somehow managed to get to your side would it be their point?

LeeD
01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Forehand...shorten your swing and slow it down until they go in.
Opponent must hit ball or lose point. This is the only instant he can reach over the net to your side to strike ball and NOT touch the net.
Are you hitting your opponents with right roundhouses or just left jabs. I'd try for a body shot, just under the heart. I hear some people think overhand rights work out pretty well.
Maybe your opponent should move a just a hair, out of reach of your blows.
OTOH, maybe he's just plain tough, you're shots are wimpy, and he just likes the abuse.
Ball must be struck ONLY by the tennis racket, not shoes, not head.

Gogg
01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help. :)