PDA

View Full Version : Which Led Zep Album to Get?

Benjamin
04-01-2004, 04:03 AM
After listening to all of Led Zeppelin IV and most of Pink Floyd's The Wall yesterday, I've decided to purchase another Led Zeppelin CD. Now, my only question is which one.

I'm trying to decide between the ones listed above and need your help because I can't find demos of them anywhere.

FYI: Early Days and Latter Days is a 2 Disc Collection (23 songs) of their "greatest" songs.

TBB

BTW: I'm also going to get Pearl Jam's Ten...I love that album.

@wright
04-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Just demo them! Sorry Ben, couldn't resist!

Benjamin
04-01-2004, 07:35 AM
@wright,

I explained in my post that I can't find the demos anywhere.

Benjamin

@wright
04-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Download Kazaa and get all the albums you want for free! Most of the guys that were in these bands are so fried they won't even notice the lack of residuals!

Phil
04-01-2004, 07:30 PM
You're too much, Benjamin. Do you have to ask someone when you get up in the morning, whether or not you should visit the bathroom? Get a spine, man. Make a decision-any decision, and stop trying to involve others in your weakness.

spam
04-02-2004, 01:52 AM
An aside,Robert Plant lives not far from me and is an avid tennis player -he plays regularly at a local club and was watching a junior tournament at my club 3 weeks ago.Personally Id go for Led Zep 2 or song remains the same ,if you're too sad to make your own decision.

Benjamin
04-02-2004, 03:58 AM
Thanks Phil. As always, I appreciate your opinion....NOT!

Sorry that I'm not a rich guy and can spend money without worrying about if I'm wasting it. Some of us (well, maybe just me) like to make sure that we are buying something that is worth buying. Why blow $15 on a CD or $200 on a racquet when you can get others opinions on it to see if it actually something you want.

If nobody asked for opinions (yes I'm aware that I ask for more than most) then there wouldn't be many posts here would there?

You win man....I'll refrain from asking opinions on this board!!!

Benjamin

Swan Song
04-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Get In Through the Out Door. IMO it's a great album. The songs in that album is like zeppelin's "new" music which is different from their old albums.

Deuce
04-02-2004, 09:04 PM
"Why blow $15 on a CD or $200 on a racquet when you can get others opinions on it to see if it actually something you want."

Ben - could you explain to me how MY preference translates to YOUR want?

Does it go something like this: If I like Rice Krispies, then YOU like Rice Krispies... If I like redheads, then YOU like redheads... If I like blue shorts, then YOU like blue shorts...

I'm curious about this formula. Is that about how it works?

Benjamin
04-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Sure.

Benjamin

@wright
04-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Deuce, I hope your attacks on this board help your self esteem, so maybe they serve SOME purpose. And no, I'm not trying to get something started, but why pick on someone like that? I guess you've NEVER asked someone their opinion on something to help form your own. Get off the high horse, it keeps farting and it really stinks.

Morpheus
04-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Here are a few lyrics that could have been sung by some of our favorite players...

Serena (by Helen Reddy)

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Andre circa 1980s (by Dire Straits)

See the little ***got with the earring and the make-up
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little ***got got his own jet airplane
That little ***got he's millionaire

This one's a little too obvious (by Barry Manilow):

Oh Mandy well,
you came and you gave without taking,
but I sent you away.
Oh, Mandy well,
kissed me and stopped me from shaking,
and I need you today. Oh, Mandy!

Phil
04-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Benjamin wrote:

Sorry that I'm not a rich guy and can spend money without worrying about if I'm wasting it. Some of us (well, maybe just me) like to make sure that we are buying something that is worth buying. Why blow $15 on a CD or $200 on a racquet when you can get others opinions on it to see if it actually something you want.

It's not about money, Ben; it's about being mature and confident enough to go through life as an independent-minded person. Part of that is realizing that you aren't a baby anymore, totally dependent on the opinions of others, and knowing where and how to find the information you need in order to make certain decisions.

This isn't a flame, as much as you may think it is. Being needy and dependent on others is the easy, lazy man's way-you won't get where you want to go-only where THEY want you to go. Of course you're perfectly free to ignore MY opinions (which won't stop me from giving them) and keep fishing for those of others, but that isn't gonna help you. BTW, I saw your little "announcement" in the Racquets section-my ADVICE to you: don't let those TROLLS get to you; we all have to deal with them.

Morpheus
04-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Don't sweat it Ben. To thine own self be true.

You might try some of Plant's solo stuff. And I believe you can get all of Zeppelin's studio recordings for a little over $110 on Amazon. I'm a little older than you and I listened to a lot of Floyd in college. Great napping music. Dire Straits is always good for a listen, as well.

(And I still think the Diablo is a worthy racket for you. And that comes from one who is not generally a Prince fan).

Deuce
04-03-2004, 10:11 PM
awright, you're awrong again. You're also being an ***. High horse? That would be you, who calls people Nazis, and then has the bloody arrogance to object to something that is far, far more benign than some of the stuff you put up here. Your stones are going to be thrown back at you every time you pull this garbage with me. Now pick them up and go throw them at someone else - but be sure to sweep up all that broken glass first.

What I wrote to Ben (yes, to BEN, not to anyone else) was sarcastic to a degree. Sarcasm is often used to make a point - and that is what was done. Perfectly valid, and not anywhere near 'attack' territory.I also pointed out the silliness of asking people he doesn't know to tell him what is 'good music'. Things simply don't work that way - as is obvious to anyone who gives it a moment's thought. There's a bunch of people gathered, and you basically know very little about them - certainly don't know their musical tastes - and you're going to put value in their opinions on music? That makes about as much sense as asking a complete stranger to tell you if a particular racquet is 'good' or 'bad' - it simply cannot be accomplished. They can pretend to be 'nice', and give you their opinion, but that opinion is completely and inherently worthless, because you don't know them at all - therefore, you have no reference point whatsoever.

I think if all the people who claim to care about 'poor Benjamin' were honest with him instead of patronizing the hell out of him and just telling him what he wants to hear, then he'd see that what he's asking of people is impossible for anyone to provide - which is a fact that everyone - even Ben - is fully aware of , in truth.

So far, Phil's the only one who's being honest with him.

"I'd much rather be honest than polite." ~ wise old man.

Morpheus
04-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Deuce, did it ever occur to you that perhaps Benjamin enjoys the interaction the board provides? I don't think it is your (or Phil's) place to tutor him about how he conducts his life. You and Phil may think honesty is best served with sarcasm, but sometimes this type of response seems just plain mean.

@wright
04-04-2004, 09:42 AM
Deuce, if you were so concerned about addressing Ben and only Ben, you could have sent an e-mail. You know where to find his address. Instead you decided to make fun of him for everyone to see. Like I said, hopefully that helps your self-esteem to post smart-***, self righteous posts on a tennis message board. If you could cite where I called someone a ****, I'd appreciate it. I will call someone an *** though, and that's you. Have a nice day, ******.

Deuce
04-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Morpheus - if you qualify my post as being "mean", then you have the sensitivity of a 10 year old girl. I'm merely pointing out a fact that all of you 'socialites' are conveniently ignoring: that asking complete strangers for their opinions on matters, and allowing that opnion to have a significant influence on your decisions is ridiculous - because, these people being strangers to you, there is absolutely no measuring or reference point. THose of you who cannot comprehend this very obvious fact I suppose are doomed to your fate.

I certainly never once inferred that I'd like Benjamin to leave the boards. I'm simply giving him some advice - much like the rest of you are. Only my advice is more valuable, because it applies to everyone - it is a universal fact.

awrong - you called me either a ****, or likened me to Hitler. This was in only one of many absurd and offensive posts you put up when you first began posting. You were going around lambasting just about everyone. Then, in typical hypocrite fashion, you put up a post calling on everyone to stop the personal attacks. You quite obviously derive immense enjoyment when attention is paid you - how else can one explain nearly 1000 posts - while your nearest 'competitor' likely has less than half your total. You are ridiculous.

While on this topic, I doubt that posts on Led Zep albums and Palm Pilots is what TW had in mind when it created the 'Odds & Ends' section. This is a tennis board, not a social gathering. While the odd post which is completely irrelevant to tennis can be expected (usually dealing with important topics which affect a majority of persons, such as terrorist acts, etc.), there have been, in my view, too many posts about trivial, non-tennis related things since the implementation of the new board. What's next - 'What Car is Best?' 'Which is Best - Dogs or Cats?' 'Do You Eat Chunky Soup With A Spoon or With A Fork?'

How much complete irrelevance is too much for you 'polite' people?

Phil
04-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Deuce - You are spot-on. Damn that hurt...

@wright
04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Deucebag, how about you go back and find where I called you Hitler or a ****, or even likened you to them, I'd love to see it. I'm willing to risk putting my foot in my mouth. I also didn't "lambast" everyone on the old board. You have a really bad memory. Get your facts straight. I do confess to deriving immense enjoyment out of tennis-is that an okay reason for me to be here? I'm glad you're paying so much attention to my post totals, how much time each day do you spend doing that? You are rediculous, Deucebag. While we're on "universal facts", here's one: you can catch more flies with sugar than you can with sh1t. You should memorize that one. You have such a high view of yourself and your self-righteous opinions and you think everyone else should be entitled to your smartass remarks all the time well apparently several of the board regulars that I exchange e-mails with are sick of your pompous crap too, as they've mentioned it too me. The only times I've attacked members of the board have been when they have been incessantly over-the-top beligerant to other posters, which you've shown a pattern of since I've been here. Nearly all your posts are negative and condescending, what a contribution! You are surlier than anyone else on here, what has been stuck up your *** this whole time? If it's personal problems, why take it out on other posters?

Deuce
04-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Thank you, Phil.

Awrong, you once again betray your true self with your name calling. I call you 'awrong', and you respond with an insult of a much more vulgar sort - and then have the arrogance to play all innocent. You were habitually insulting many posters when you first began posting on the boards, and after you posted your hypocritical 'advice' that people stop attacking each other, several posters saw through your transparency and let you have it. If you 'don't remember' that obnoxious display on your part, then your memory is a very conveniently selective one.

I'll be glad to see the day when your type stops jumping in to 'defend' grown men just to get yourself some 'brownie points', and get yourself more 'exposure' (as if 700+ posts isn't enough), and to appear the 'hero'. Talk about grandstanding...

Trust me - you are ridiculous.

I also wish that people would stop treating Ben like a baby.

Benjamin
04-05-2004, 04:21 AM
I think I'm sorry I even started this post.

BTW:

Phil, you were one of the major "trolls" that posted some of the "bashing" type material. I'm not dependent on others opinions, just like to hear others experience with items I haven't tried.

Morpheus,

Mid or Midplus? :D Just kidding!!!! I remember....no more opinions asked by me.

Deuce,

If nothing can be gained by asking someone their opinion on a racquet, strings, shoes, etc., what's the point of these boards? If TW doesn't want the "palm pilots" and "Led Zeppelin" posts up, they can delete them...no problem. When TW created the boards I also don't think they meant for them to be a place of "rudeness" from some people because others put up posts. How is being rude to people related to tennis....especially when it doesn't even answer the question that was asked? Man, I agree....I hate "polite" people...they just ruin the world (SARCASM HERE!!!). I also think you're confusing "treating someone like a baby" with showing someone respect!!!

@wright,

Great point about him e-mailing me....I was wondering the same thing.

Benjamin

@wright
04-05-2004, 04:27 AM
If I was looking for exposure, brownie points, and a place to be a hero, there are many better avenues than a message board for doing that. I could respond the same way to you regarding your "universal truths". I explained myself about the instance you keep referring to plenty of times, I posted some things that were taken the wrong way, which was my fault for thinking my intentions would be obvious in this medium. Would you like some brownie points for incessantly bringing it up? Your thinly veiled insults that you try to cover up with advice is sickening, all you do is belittle people, hiding behind your sarcasm. As for the name play, do I really have much to work with? awrong takes little creativity to come up with. You obviously have no idea what a surly old fart you sound like on here, so in typical Deuce fashion I can say I'm giving you advice. You still have yet to cite where I called you a ****, so how do you expect anyone to believe you? I guess I could do the same to you and lie about what you've said in the past, but that wouldn't be right.

chad shaver
04-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Deuce - You are spot-on. Damn that hurt...

Phil,

I suggest you take a day off from work to recover, LOL.

Phil
04-05-2004, 05:37 PM
BTW:

Phil, you were one of the major "trolls" that posted some of the "bashing" type material. I'm not dependent on others opinions, just like to hear others experience with items I haven't tried.

Ben - Do you understand Irony? OF COURSE I know that I was one of these "trolls" that caused you to cry in your milk.

Anyway, obviously you ARE dependent on others' opinions, and you've started using this board as if it were the "Consumer Reports", which, BTW, has its own Website-I've checked it out several times. Why don't you? The cuteness of "Ben's Quest" wore off a long time ago; now your neediness is just annoying. Grow a pair, man. I gave you what I thought was decent advice, although it wasn't couched in the most "diplomatic" language. No matter, just make a decision, take some personal responsibility, don't be such a wuss.

Chad - I was considering taking TWO days off; maybe it was something I ate!

chad shaver
04-05-2004, 05:55 PM
"Great point about him e-mailing me....I was wondering the same thing."

Uh, Ben? Your email is not accessible on your profile....at least it isn't at the time of this post.

@wright
04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Chad, if you'll look at one of my first posts on this thread it tells Deuce if he wants to give Benjamin and only Benjamin advice, he can e-mail him because he knows where to find the e-mail address. I assumed everyone who has been using these boards for awhile would know to check the old board for e-mail addresses.

edge
04-05-2004, 08:17 PM
"BTW:

Phil, you were one of the major "trolls" that posted some of the "bashing" type material. I'm not dependent on others opinions, just like to hear others experience with items I haven't tried."

Ben, just ignore Phil. He is just a condescending @sshole who likes to make personal judgements and bash people on the boards for his own entertainment. I think you did the right thing to get others opinions to narrow your search. Enjoy the music.

Phil
04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Edge - Don't rain on my party. I cyber biatch slapped you around once, and I'll do it again, no problem.

chad shaver
04-05-2004, 09:44 PM
"I assumed everyone who has been using these boards for awhile would know to check the old board for e-mail addresses."

I get nothing when I try to call up the old message board..... One would also assume that a person who wanted his email address available would put it on the new board, as well.

chad shaver
04-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey, Phil,

I've got a new name for you: "Target" :lol:

Phil
04-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Chad - As in on-target, right? Bullseye is okay, but I think that's been used in a movie!

edge
04-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Phil, mangez la merde et mourez.

chad shaver
04-06-2004, 10:32 AM
You teach your children to talk like that, Edge?

@wright
04-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Would someone like to translate for those of us who don't speak French?

edge
04-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Edge - Don't rain on my party. I cyber biatch slapped you around once, and I'll do it again, no problem.

Chad, you mean he can get on my case am I am suppose to turn the other cheek?

chad shaver
04-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Would someone like to translate for those of us who don't speak French?

"Eat s--- and die"

edge,

Never said anything about turning the other cheek. But 1.) I thought you were finished with him, and 2.) Don't you think that the juvenile obscenities are only strengthening Phil's case?

Honestly, I thought he was a little hard on you at first (not much if he was) , but now I'm starting to wonder....

I'm not attacking you; I'm just observing.

edge
04-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Chad, my message to Phil is short, concise and gets my message across. Besides, it's in French so it won't offend anybody. It's more of a private message and has nothing to do with you. When he said I was "pimping my son," I didn't say it's better than pimping your daughter on the streets like you do Phil when you need a few bucks, but I could have.

chad shaver
04-06-2004, 12:12 PM
So all those "johnson" comments and whatnot were in French, as well....just let it go.

edge
04-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Those johnson comments were a reply to him for relentlessly attacking me and the way I bring up my children (or "pimp my child" as he said) more than 8 times. Now he jumped on my case here so I'll stop when he stops attacking me.

Phil
04-06-2004, 04:47 PM
I didn't say it's better than pimping your daughter on the streets like you do Phil when you need a few bucks, but I could have.

But if you had, Edge, it would have been right in character. Buddy, you're acting immature and just plain stupid (and whatever you wrote before our little discussion began didn't hint at that stupid side of you-I DOUBT that it's just ME that brought that out-you did it all by yourself).

You follow me onto another thread, in a discussion that has nothing to do with you, and call me an a-hole? That stuff doesn't bother me because it just reflects even more on how low you've gone. If I want a little mutt following me around, I'll pick one up out of the gutter-you'd do best just to stay there. Now go away, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Morpheus
04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Ah, I've finally found the underbelly of this board, where trolls lurk, nastiness thrives, and pettiness speaks.

Carry on...

Phil
04-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, whatever you say. Must be the reason why you poked your head in-to get a piece of the action.

edge
04-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Benjamin, take Led Zep II as the definitive album. You can probably get it on Kazaa or maybe your local library.

Morpheus
04-06-2004, 07:24 PM
No, I just slowed the car a bit to take a peak at the road kill...

david aames
04-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Phil, mangez la merde et mourez.

Sorry but it doesn't mean sh*t in french pal. First you wouldn't say 'mangez' cause it's the polite way to address someone... It just sound silly... What were you trying to prove here?

@wright
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
I see both sides of the situation. Edge was venting and was scrutinized to his breaking point and egged on some more. His language was a little over the top, but most of us have probably been pushed to our threshold at least once. The insults about how he raises his kids were too far, I'm not a dad yet, but I can imagine how infuriating it would be to be accused of using your kid they way edge was accused.

edge
04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Êtes-vous français ? _ svp rester sur le matière, qui album de Led Zep vous aimer ?

edge
04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
I see both sides of the situation. Edge was venting and was scrutinized to his breaking point and egged on some more. His language was a little over the top, but most of us have probably been pushed to our threshold at least once. The insults about how he raises his kids were too far, I'm not a dad yet, but I can imagine how infuriating it would be to be accused of using your kid they way edge was accused.

Thank you @wright, especially by a frickin' pompous pinhead who believes his opinions are frickin' gospel and continues to inflame his opinion 8 times.

david aames
04-06-2004, 08:37 PM
The insults about how he raises his kids were too far, I'm not a dad yet, but I can imagine how infuriating it would be to be accused of using your kid they way edge was accused.

Hey, at least she didn't try to kill his dad :-)