PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe this...

oneguy21
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm switching to the 2 handed backhand and that's final. I'll never ever switch again. Please don't bash me because of my constant switching. My backhand is a shot that I thought about forever and I think it's the best thing to do.

LeeD
01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
We should never bash you for wanting to improve your game.
Only advice is to keep the one handed slice, especially defensive or off a low ball, then hit the two hander with topspin.

baseline08thrasher
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree^^
keep the slice.

And maybe if you are off the court so much, maybe you can pull out your one hander. =]=]

oneguy21
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Of course I'm keeping the slice. The reason I've finally decided to have a 2hb, is because although it has always been consistent, my balls lacked some pop and it felt very stiff, but for me the key to overcoming this was arm extension. I can't even begin to tell how much my 2hb improved after I started extending my arms more. It's much more looser and it has a little more juice now; I could finally sleep at night not worrying about my backhand.

LeeD
01-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, longer arms hit with more pace, if swung the same speed.
But real advantage of the 2 hander is it's ability to hit balls into the body, and change direction by laying back the racket and disguising the shot, or leading with the racket for crosscourts.
And two hands being stronger, you can add consistency to your hard hit shots.
Alas, all is not gold.
You also gotta run half a step farther to get to the ball, and one full step more to get back into position.

GeorgeLucas
01-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Kk, next time the new junior Federer comes around and beats you with an amazing all court game built around a versatile 1 hander, I'll be looking for a new thread :)

Jokes of course. I'm glad you had an epiphany about your 2 hander, though.

Djokovicfan4life
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
You can't quit the one hander, YOU'RE FIRED!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/phantom_knight1500/DonaldTrump001.jpg

Steady Eddy
01-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm switching to the 2 handed backhand and that's final. I'll never ever switch again. Please don't bash me because of my constant switching. My backhand is a shot that I thought about forever and I think it's the best thing to do.
Why tell us?

EikelBeiter
01-05-2009, 08:58 AM
At one point i tried to swith to a 1-handed backhand because i felt i could develop more power with it. Be that as it may, the fun stopped when i had to return decent kick serves in doubles. I think switching to a 1-hander coming from a 2-hander is very difficult.

oneguy21
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Why tell us?

Because my one-handed backhand couldn't handle high balls. It was really difficult for me. Since I play junior tournaments, everyone is basically just a heavy topspin grinder; it's difficult to compete against them with a one hander. I need a backhand that will be consistent and able to handle high balls. The two-handed backhand is my answer. If I get a short skidding ball, I'll simply slice it back.

Steady Eddy
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Why tell us?

Because my one-handed backhand couldn't handle high balls. It was really difficult for me. Since I play junior tournaments, everyone is basically just a heavy topspin grinder; it's difficult to compete against them with a one hander. I need a backhand that will be consistent and able to handle high balls. The two-handed backhand is my answer. If I get a short skidding ball, I'll simply slice it back.
It's your game, do what you want with it. You seem to have thought out what to do. Good luck!