PDA

View Full Version : Serve Video. Help. (VIDEO)

Mrcrazybutt
01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I just started to hit more flat serves lately ( very addicting ) and wonder if any advice would help it make better. i think i hit some kick serves in there too but most were flats. I think i kept my arms too high..

serves : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPtO6LNgUw

phoenicks
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
from your 1st few serve i see, shoulder open up a bit early when you swing up and at ball, shoulder rotation quality also not very good, too many excessive body movement ( ur leg especially ), agood serve requires discipline body movement to channel your whole energy into the ball, not 1 bit of energy is wasted on uninvolved body parts.

that's all i see, i haven look in detail yet.

LeeD
01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Knice, not bad.
Sure, you have wasted movements, but you are young and need to burn off some of that energy.
One bad part of your motion..... unless you are built with excessively tight muscles, you should bend your elbow more on takeback, so it closely resembles a pitchers (baseball) motion or a quarterback (football) motion.
The only players who consistently take back with a straight arm are the musclebound big guys....maybe for limbering or stretching just before the stroke.
Most other good servers bend their elbows to around 90 degrees, then start the swing motion.
I know your lower body is flailing around like a dancer, but maybe it's your style, so I won't comment until you can achieve...or not...consistency in your serves.

BestLefty UK
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
It looks like you're doing some major footfaulting with that right leg step

LeeD
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah, he steps ON the line before moment of impact.
On his later serves, he steps farther into the court.
Nobody's perfect.