PDA

View Full Version : full set cyberflash & full set Big Ace 1.28mm

davydenko_fan
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
ok after trying cyberflash at a high tension in a midsized frame and absolutely hated it, ive been told to try it again at a very low tension along the lines of 53lbs or so in a o3 tour mid. i want to like the string, though, because it has great tension maintanence and life after its "golden hours" which is very important to me since i dont want to have to restring so much.

in another experiment, i will try a full set of pro supex big ace in a full set at 55 lbs on my o3 tour. ive tried it at high tensions and mid tensions and it simply plays great no matter what. only gripe i have about it is the tension maintanence isnt as good as other polys....but still, it has great feel and playability.

hopefully after trying both i will settle on 1. im really tired of trying EVERYTHING since there are a billion strings on the market. also, its not good for your game to continuously change strings and tension because you dont get used to a consistent setup and your game suffers. trust me, im in this boat!

01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
ok after trying cyberflash at a high tension in a midsized frame and absolutely hated it, ive been told to try it again at a very low tension along the lines of 53lbs or so in a o3 tour mid. i want to like the string, though, because it has great tension maintanence and life after its "golden hours" which is very important to me since i dont want to have to restring so much.

in another experiment, i will try a full set of pro supex big ace in a full set at 55 lbs on my o3 tour. ive tried it at high tensions and mid tensions and it simply plays great no matter what. only gripe i have about it is the tension maintanence isnt as good as other polys....but still, it has great feel and playability.

hopefully after trying both i will settle on 1. im really tired of trying EVERYTHING since there are a billion strings on the market. also, its not good for your game to continuously change strings and tension because you dont get used to a consistent setup and your game suffers. trust me, im in this boat!

Most find the tension maintenance pretty good for BA. I've been very happy with micro and 1.22 in this department in a 100sq head at 59/57lbs.

davydenko_fan
01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
hmm thats interesting. i guess i can see what you mean about the big ace. for me, it loses a lot of its tension after the first 2 days but even then it still plays decently

01-06-2009, 05:02 AM
hmm thats interesting. i guess i can see what you mean about the big ace. for me, it loses a lot of its tension after the first 2 days but even then it still plays decently

Just curious, would that be 2-3 days, playing 3-5 hard hitting singles hours per?
If so, then I think it make sense to me, as BA and most does seem to fall off some after about 15 hours or so of playing. This does seem to be better than most other polys though. I've been getting a good 15-20 hours playing mostly dubs.

davydenko_fan
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Just curious, would that be 2-3 days, playing 3-5 hard hitting singles hours per?
If so, then I think it make sense to me, as BA and most does seem to fall off some after about 15 hours or so of playing. This does seem to be better than most other polys though. I've been getting a good 15-20 hours playing mostly dubs.

yup. you hit the nail right on the head

01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes, hitting 3-4 hours a day of heavy singles baseline play, for 3 straight days is going to put a hurt on any poly. BA seems to do better than most at that point IMO. BA seems best to me, Since you can string it higher at first, then the drop off shouldn't be as low in the end.