PDA

View Full Version : Dbling pulling same as pre-stretch?

DavaiMarat
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Do you get the same effect as a prestretch with a dbl pull? Yes or no?

mdqm
01-05-2009, 01:51 PM
no,no,one thing is a pre strech and other very diferent is a dbl pull,

YULitle
01-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Pre-stretching is often done to reduce coil memory. You will not get this benefit by merely double pulling.

Also, pre-stretching pulls the entire length (or both halfs at the same time (I know that sounds the same, it's not.)) Pulling the entire length at arms strength is much less per square inch than a small section AT TENSION per square inch.

tennisfreak15347
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
by double pull,l i think he means tensioning a main, letting go of the tension, and then re-tensioning the same main.

YULitle
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
by double pull,l i think he means tensioning a main, letting go of the tension, and then re-tensioning the same main.

That's the way I assumed when I wrote my response.

DavaiMarat
01-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Well the reason I'm asking is I want to reduce the tension loss you get from stringing after u string it. I thought if you pulled a string once, let it go, it would help reduce the amount of stretching the line does on the frame (yes/no?) I find there's quite a bit of drop in tension especially in multifilaments. YUlittle, I've learned alot about stringing from your vids. Do you string your racquets higher then the tension requested to combat this lost?

Thanks.

YULitle
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Well the reason I'm asking is I want to reduce the tension loss you get from stringing after u string it. I thought if you pulled a string once, let it go, it would help reduce the amount of stretching the line does on the frame (yes/no?) I find there's quite a bit of drop in tension especially in multifilaments. YUlittle, I've learned alot about stringing from your vids. Do you string your racquets higher then the tension requested to combat this lost?

Thanks.

No No No No. You don't string at 57 lbs because you like the way the racquet feels when the strings are 57 lbs. You string it at 57 lbs because you like the way it feels when it's strung at 57 lbs. Does that make sense? Don't string for the final resulting tension numerically. String for the feel. The tension you set your machine to is only one step in making sure that you can duplicate a good feeling racquet. Focusing too much on the racquet's finishing tension, even if it were possible to measure such a thing accurately, is a waste of time. Just keep your machine calibrated, find the reference tension that results in a good playing stick, and try to keep the entire stringing process as uniform and consistent as possible.

iplaybetter
01-06-2009, 01:10 PM
No No No No. You don't string at 57 lbs because you like the way the racquet feels when the strings are 57 lbs. You string it at 57 lbs because you like the way it feels when it's strung at 57 lbs. Does that make sense? Don't string for the final resulting tension numerically. String for the feel. The tension you set your machine to is only one step in making sure that you can duplicate a good feeling racquet. Focusing too much on the racquet's finishing tension, even if it were possible to measure such a thing accurately, is a waste of time. Just keep your machine calibrated, find the reference tension that results in a good playing stick, and try to keep the entire stringing process as uniform and consistent as possible.

thank you i have been trying to explain this for a while

to me the reason to prestreach is to reduce coil memory, i find myself not using the prestreach function on my machine primarily because it beeps to indicate reverance has been reached pulls over then releases thus having me clamp at to high a tension, double pulling each would give you few benefits and ad a lot of time

DavaiMarat
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Thanks. Phew I thought I was going to go crazy.