PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Eagle fans, but they will not win Super Bowl

Connors
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
The Eagles have made a nice turn around and deserve a lot of credit for overcoming horrible games against the Bengals, Ravens and offensively against the Redskins.

The Eagles simply don't have any big time receivers and drop too many passes. The don't run block all that well. They are not good enough in the red zone. They get inconsistent performance from their tight end position.

Donovan is playing better but he still does not look good enough to win a Super Bowl, holding on to the ball too long, not using his legs enough, the tendency still toward inaccurate passes, inability to convert on third down, etc. Also, Donovan has still not proved he can play at the highest of levels in the biggest of big games. He didn't do it in three NFC Championship games or in the Super Bowl.

Reid's play calling is still very troubling. I see this team as not talented enough to go the distance. I think they'll lose this week. If they somehow pull it out, it'll be a great win but I can't see them beating the Panthers in Carolina, winning their third road playoff game in a row.

The Eagles had a chance to go out and get Tony Gonzolez, who would have significantly helped the offense. As usual with the Eagles, they didn't go quite enough to get themselves over the top. That will be the Reid/McNabb legacy: a nice run, good record and some nice accomplishments...but never good enough to win Philly fans a much deserved championship. If Reid can't accomplish that during his tenure in Philly, how great was he? How great has McNabb really been? He's been a good to very good QB. At times, he's been terrible. But overall, he's not a Hall of Famer.

EPaps
01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
The Eagles have made a nice turn around and deserve a lot of credit for overcoming horrible games against the Bengals, Ravens and offensively against the Redskins.

The Eagles simply don't have any big time receivers and drop too many passes. The don't run block all that well. They are not good enough in the red zone. They get inconsistent performance from their tight end position.

Donovan is playing better but he still does not look good enough to win a Super Bowl, holding on to the ball too long, not using his legs enough, the tendency still toward inaccurate passes, inability to convert on third down, etc. Also, Donovan has still not proved he can play at the highest of levels in the biggest of big games. He didn't do it in three NFC Championship games or in the Super Bowl.

Reid's play calling is still very troubling. I see this team as not talented enough to go the distance. I think they'll lose this week. If they somehow pull it out, it'll be a great win but I can't see them beating the Panthers in Carolina, winning their third road playoff game in a row.

The Eagles had a chance to go out and get Tony Gonzolez, who would have significantly helped the offense. As usual with the Eagles, they didn't go quite enough to get themselves over the top. That will be the Reid/McNabb legacy: a nice run, good record and some nice accomplishments...but never good enough to win Philly fans a much deserved championship. If Reid can't accomplish that during his tenure in Philly, how great was he? How great has McNabb really been? He's been a good to very good QB. At times, he's been terrible. But overall, he's not a Hall of Famer.

stop drinking the
http://www.epaps.com/haterade.gif

pfchang
01-05-2009, 10:42 PM
stop drinking the

that is a bit true. making a straight up thread about them not winning is hating quite a bit.

but no matter, I still don't see them going all the way, but hey, they managed to make the playoffs after benching mcnabb.

Topaz
01-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Have any Eagles fans posted that we *will* win the Super Bowl? Heck, I was happy when we beat the Cowgirls...the whole playoffs things was just a bonus.

TonLars
01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Stupid Vikings...

prestigeprolover
01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
stop drinking the

awesome! LOL!

Kal-El 34
01-06-2009, 10:33 AM
stupid thread...

McLovin
01-12-2009, 03:42 AM
I see this team as not talented enough to go the distance. I think they'll lose this week. If they somehow pull it out, it'll be a great win but I can't see them beating the Panthers in Carolina...

I'll bump this for the Eagles fans, emphasizing this guy's great prediction that (1) the Eagles would lose and (2) Carolina would win. Anything else to add, Nostradamus?

Morpheus
01-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Sounds like sour grapes -- this guy got his picks wrong.

Which cardinal team will show up? The one that Philly thumped or the one that is playing out of their minds?

Djokovicfan4life
01-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I don't think they stand a chance against either the Steelers or the Ravens, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the super bowl this year. Of course, the Cardinals are looking pretty hot right now themselves.

Cardinals, so hot right now, Cardinals.

Morpheus
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
^^ Eagles beat the Steelers and the Cards in the regular season. It is, therefore, possible that they will prevail.