PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion - Oakley Frogskins

Duzza
01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I don't care whether you like the look or not, you probably think they look stupid :D. Anyway, I bought 2 pairs, one from the 80's an original make, used and in black. Will definitely use these as my day-day sunnies. The other pair though, is a re-release, one of the 3000 limited units for it's color. I got it for a nice price and want to know if you think I should a) relax, use them and then later on the track if they pick up value sell them as used or b) keep them as clean and untouched as possible, if they pick up value sell as new.

Here is a picture of the color way: http://berroris.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/oakley-neon-yellow-frogskins-11.jpg

adams_1
01-06-2009, 03:51 AM
I have no idea, but they look sweet :P

hollywood9826
01-06-2009, 04:23 AM
I wasnt even aware there was a re-sale collector market on oakleys.

If there is I would probably ujse them sparingly if at all if you plan on reselling them.

stormholloway
01-06-2009, 05:30 AM
It's a remake of Oakley sunglasses. It's not Jimi Hendrix's guitar. Just wear them when the sun is shining brightly.

get it in
01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Those are nice looking classic shades. I used to have a pair of Frogskins way back when they were still making them. The newer Oakleys offer better style and performance, IMO.
Here's what I think: If you like the style a lot then go ahead and wear them. You paid a good price for them, right? I doubt the resale market for classic Oakleys is big. Take a look around the auction sites (e*ay for example) and see what those glasses are going for. If the demand is high then keep them new. Either way, you can't go wrong with Oakleys.
I have been an Oakley customer for over 20 years and wholeheartedly endorse their product even though I am not sponsored by them. They just make quality products much like Asics shoes. Just because it's not Nike or Adidas doesn't mean it's junk. :)

Lakoste
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Ray Ban Wayfarers >>>>> Oakley Frogskins

zacinnc78
01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
the other day i found some old air jordans online( ones i wore like over 15 years ago when i was in middle school)i still like em lol

Feņa14
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
If we had more than 3 hours of sunshine a year here, i'd deffinitley get a pair! :)

alcap26
01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I had a pair of clear/clear black frogskins back in middle school. I loved those.

NickC
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Those are pretty nice. I'd rock them if I had a pair.