PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night matches

albino smurf
01-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Almost all of the league matches where I live are scheduled for Saturday nights at 9 p.m. Is this normal? Kinda putting a hitch in the social calendar...

raiden031
01-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Almost all of the league matches where I live are scheduled for Saturday nights at 9 p.m. Is this normal? Kinda putting a hitch in the social calendar...

I would say no. Saturday matches where I am are always in the afternoon. We do have some Sunday matches that start at 8:30pm though.

albino smurf
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
7 out of 12 are on Friday or Saturday nights starting at 9 p.m.

Fedace
01-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Yea, Sat 9PM match time seem Weird to me. Usually it is at 12pm or 2 pm or 10am. Why so late ??? Are they hoping some Mixed doubles people getting lucky with each other ???

Topaz
01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Our league has a lot of Friday night matches, but Saturday night, anywhere from 7-9, is not unusual at all. I think my mixed team has a match on Valentine's Day (a Saturday this year) at 9pm. I have a feeling we're going to have a tough time finding enough players for that one!

albino smurf
01-06-2009, 10:29 AM
All I can think is that the tennis facility is putting us when nobody wants to play. Whatever. Can't wait. Timing sucks, but I'll be there.

Storm_Kyori
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Our league matches start at 1 or 3pm on Saturdays, sometimes Sunday. I would rather play at night, I like playing under the lights,although the cold air makes my eyes watery.

raiden031
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
All I can think is that the tennis facility is putting us when nobody wants to play. Whatever. Can't wait. Timing sucks, but I'll be there.

Its a smart business move. Instead of playing you during peak hours taking away from other business, they put you when they would otherwise be slow or closed.

Topaz
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Its a smart business move. Instead of playing you during peak hours taking away from other business, they put you when they would otherwise be slow or closed.

That is *exactly* why it is done...the leagues get the courts on the 'off' time, that way the clubs make as much money as possible. Sucks, but what can you do?

Joeyg
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Getting lucky with each other????? Another insightful post by our favorite "Standford" grad!

Cruzer
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM

In Norcal weekend matches cannot be scheduled later than 6:00 pm.