PDA

View Full Version : Question for Yulitle.............

roc17355
01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I recently acquired an X-2 and have strung several racquets but I have a question. When clamping the crosses should I be clamping to the previous cross as you do the mains or just clamping the cross just tightened by itself? Also is there any special thought or way to weave, I'm just having trouble using the technique of holding the string between both fingers and push weaving, the string seems to always slip out.

mikeler
01-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean for the first part of your question. With regards to weaving, I find that I can pull weave much faster than I can push weave. If you are having trouble push weaving, try pull weaving and see if that helps.

YULitle
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
As to the clamping - Yes, you should be clamping to two sets of string 1)The string you just tensioned and 2) the string that is tensioned next to it.

As to the weaving - practice, practice, practice (I don't suggest switching to pull weave if you've started with push. You will only restart the process of becoming proficient from scratch.)

GPB
01-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Make sure you weave one string ahead, as this makes it MUCH easier to push weave.

roc17355
01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all the tips. The one thing I notice is how "crooked" the crosses become, maybe becasue of the size of the clamps. Is this just a thing where you have to go back through and staighten them out?

YULitle
01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the tips. The one thing I notice is how "crooked" the crosses become, maybe becasue of the size of the clamps. Is this just a thing where you have to go back through and staighten them out?

It could be the clamps. Just be sure to straighten them as you pull tension and you will avoid most "frowning."

Whether they "frown" by the end or not, you need to make sure that all strings are straightened before handing over the finished product. Crooked strings are very unprofessional.

roc17355
01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you very much for all your help!

roc17355
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Also, I attempted to do a one piece job on my FXP Prestige MP but as I start at the head my last main finishes at the throat but my cross is supposed to start at the head, what am I missing here?

YULitle
01-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Also, I attempted to do a one piece job on my FXP Prestige MP but as I start at the head my last main finishes at the throat but my cross is supposed to start at the head, what am I missing here?

Make double-sure that the main is indeed the last. If it is, count the mains to make sure that you have as many as you should.

If you have them all and they are accounted for, and it's still at the throat, and the pattern calls for starting the crosses at the head, then you have to string it either 2-piece or around the world. I suggest 2-piece.

jim e
01-06-2009, 12:40 PM

You have 2 choices to properly string it.
1. String it 2 piece, and start crosses at head.
2. String an ATW pattern, so the crosses will be strung top down, as required by HEAD. YULitle has a good video on most of the ATW patterns under the faq section here, you can watch those and give one a try.