PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs' "Hormone Imbalance"?

Tchocky
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Is anybody buying this story? Isn't a hormone imbalance PMS? Jobs says he should start gaining weight by late spring. Should I short the stock?

ollinger
01-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds like the "cold" they used to ascribe to Soviet premiers just before their demises.

Joe Average
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah. It's pretty vague. Apple could be hiding something or trying to protect Steve Jobs's privacy. It could be the recurrence of cancer, which isn't good (although he had the less fatal version of pancreatic cancer). Or a complication of the pancreas, which is treatable. Or none of the above. He's been losing weight noticeably for a while. I guess his non-appearance at the MacWorld conference kind of drew attention to it. In any event, I have no plans to sell my 200 shares. Then again, I have no plans to buy any more. That's the problem when you've got a CEO like Jobs who is so tied to his company. He's to Apple what Warren Buffett is to Berkshire Hathaway.

thehustler
01-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Men can have hormone imbalances just like women. We can start losing testosterone around age 35 and you can get natural replacement hormones for that. I know when I hit 35 I'll be taking hormones to keep myself feeling as if I was in my 20's. No way I'm going to let age defeat me or make me decline in my abilities.

Sentinel
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Dont worry, son, I am 55, feel like 20. Just a balanced diet and positive mind.
No hormones/supplements etc.

max
01-09-2009, 06:03 AM
He's been drinking too much California tap water! :)

jrod
01-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Men can have hormone imbalances just like women. We can start losing testosterone around age 35 and you can get natural replacement hormones for that. I know when I hit 35 I'll be taking hormones to keep myself feeling as if I was in my 20's. No way I'm going to let age defeat me or make me decline in my abilities.

The only way you can achieve this is by death at an early age. Is this what you had in mind?

Seems rather extreme to me...seriously, the skill decline is inevitable but the fight is well worth it.

Dedans Penthouse
01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Steve Jobs at 70 (grandfather-to-grandson-sitting-on-his-lap):

"Er, Joey could you please move just a smidgen please?..you're sitting on Grandpa's nipples..." :twisted: