PDA

View Full Version : Davis Cup (Birmingham Tickets)

johnathan smith
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Hello and Happy New Year TW'ers...
Being located on the Gulf Coast, I am desperately trying to make it to Brimingham for the tie on March 6.
I know tickets "go on sale" mid January, but how does this work? Is it just first come, first serve? Is there anyway to pre-order some tickets?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can post here or send me an email through my TW account.

Fedace
01-06-2009, 07:54 PM
This really is not fair. This tie is going to be HUGE. with Roger Federer coming to play, it will be sold out in 5 minutes. This event should have been put on more of big stadium like New York or Chicago.

Nanshiki
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Calm down dude, it's just the first round. And seeing as how B-Ham beat out Las Vegas, I don't think there's going to be any problems.

Not like you don't get events like this in CA ALL THE TIME anyway.

I hope I can actually afford the tickets when it comes time to buy them.

justacityboy
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
bringing the DC to winston salem, NC for the QF with spain in the spring of 07 was the first time i got to see professional tennis in person. I don't live within a reasonable day's drive of any of the big ATP tourneys in the US so the decision to visit some other areas was awesome for those of us who don't live in a city with an established tournament.

jgn1013
01-07-2009, 06:15 AM
From what I've been reading you have to buy the package, all 3 days. Sucks because I really only can afford 1 day.

mmb334
01-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm hoping to go to Birmingham, too. Does anyone know how the pricing for the 3-day package works ? The lowest level pricing is $60.00 - do I have to pay $60.00 for each day ($180.00) or is it $60.00 for all 3 days? Thanks!!

beernutz
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
^^^
I think in Portland at the last tie the lowest level was $60 for a 3 day pass, not $60/day.

spot
01-13-2009, 11:02 AM
more importantly- does anyone know how the USTA presale is going to work? I figured they would have put out a presale code by now in an email to members but I haven't seen anything.

Crusher10s
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Okay peeps, here's the 411-

USTA members can get tickets first starting tomorrow at 10 am CST for B'ham. Non members have to wait until Friday when the tix go on sale to the public. Needless to say, won't be many left come Friday due to the world class players that will be in Alabama, some for the first time ever (Federer).

USTA members must be current (not expired so rejoin prior to attempting to buy) and there is a promo code that should have been mailed to you by the USTA.

I'll be there, hope you will too............Gooooooooo USA!

spot
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Ive got a 20 person roadtrip going from atlanta to Birmingham for this! Tickets are purchased! can't wait!

AR15
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Okay peeps, here's the 411-

USTA members can get tickets first starting tomorrow at 10 am CST for B'ham. Non members have to wait until Friday when the tix go on sale to the public. Needless to say, won't be many left come Friday due to the world class players that will be in Alabama, some for the first time ever (Federer).

USTA members must be current (not expired so rejoin prior to attempting to buy) and there is a promo code that should have been mailed to you by the USTA.

I'll be there, hope you will too............Gooooooooo USA!

USTA must have only a limited number of seats. 10 minutes after going on sale, only the cheap seats were available.

Gemini
01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Ive got a 20 person roadtrip going from atlanta to Birmingham for this! Tickets are purchased! can't wait!

Where are you-guys staying? I can't see anyone making the 2.5 hour drive each way over 3 days.

Nanshiki
01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
FCK.

By the time I got off work, all the USTA tickets were gone.

spot
01-15-2009, 07:26 AM
This is a heavy drinking mixed team that is sponsored by a bar- hell no we are not driving back every night! This is a big party weekend for us with some tennis thrown in. Some of us are in the Highland Inn. Some of us are at the Cobb Lane Bed and breakfast. Anyone who is going to be in Birmingham for this you should let me know and meet us all out at the bars one night.

spot
01-15-2009, 07:30 AM
I think there is a Rick and Bubba presale. if you look around you can probably find that ticketmaster code around somewhere and get better tickets.

Gemini
01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
So what exactly did the USTA code get you in terms of a discount?

Byrd4LSU
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
So what exactly did the USTA code get you in terms of a discount?

No discount with the USTA presale. Just a chance to buy them before the general public.

Crusher10s
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I called the Rick and Bubba show this am and asked about the Rick and Bubba presale deal and Bubba told me that it was a mistake and wouldn't be held.

And the USTA presale deal wasn't about a price discount, just a first shot at buying the best seats.

Byrd4LSU
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I called the Rick and Bubba show this am and asked about the Rick and Bubba presale deal and Bubba told me that it was a mistake and wouldn't be held.

And the USTA presale deal wasn't about a price discount, just a first shot at buying the best seats.

There is an ASF presale at 7 AM on Friday according to Ticketmaster. Public sale is at Noon.

Gemini
01-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get an ASF code so I'll be in line around noon today for tix. I really wish they had done a seating chart ahead of the tickets sales. That way I could decide ahead of time if it's worth paying the big bucks for seats or if the cheap seats still offered a decent view of the action.

Byrd4LSU
01-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get an ASF code so I'll be in line around noon today for tix. I really wish they had done a seating chart ahead of the tickets sales. That way I could decide ahead of time if it's worth paying the big bucks for seats or if the cheap seats still offered a decent view of the action.

Seating chart is posted on Ticketmaster's site.

http://i41.tinypic.com/wr01nk.gif

spot
01-16-2009, 09:14 AM
This is what my USTA contact told me before the presale. Not sure what shows up on TIcketmasters website- we had someone else get the tickets. She was even nice enough to put all of our tickets together in one spot even though we had more than 8.

$500 Rows A-E in lower level (very few of these will be available)

$390 Rows F-M in lower level

$270 Rows N-X in lower level

$140 Rows A-F in upper level

$90 Rows G-S in upper level

$60 Rows T-V in upper level

We got a big group of the $140 tickets. for the USTA presale the $500 tickets were gone 3 minutes in. IVe never been to the birmingham arena to know if the upperdeck overhangs the lower deck. The chart makes it look like the upper deck is far back but they really can't show overhangs on a chart like that.

Gemini
01-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Well..won't matter for now. I wasn't able to get a PAIR of tickets to DC so for now I won't be going. I'll check back as time gets closer and maybe I can score a couple of tix at some point.

Nanshiki
01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
God dammit, I even got off early today and STILL can't buy tickets.

This is an grievous injustice...hah

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! Tickets were gone in less than two damn hours!

Gemini
01-16-2009, 12:43 PM
God dammit, I even got off early today and STILL can't buy tickets.

This is an grievous injustice...hah

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! Tickets were gone in less than two damn hours!

LOL!!! Okay...

I managed to get on in time to get multiple tickets initially but my cheap a** friend was only willing to spend $90 per ticket so that put us (me) out of the running. I would've payed $300+ for ticket.

DennisTennis14
01-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I have three tickets to sell for the whole weekend. I bought them in the presale but got better seats in the general public sale. They are the $90 tickets in the upper level. I'm willing to break them up but would prefer to sell all 3. My total bill was $323 with all the crappy Ticketmaster service fees. I just want to unload them for face value and cover the service fees. Let me know if you're interested... I'm new to this, can you send me an email through here or do I need to post something with more information??

Byrd4LSU
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I have three tickets to sell for the whole weekend. I bought them in the presale but got better seats in the general public sale. They are the $90 tickets in the upper level. I'm willing to break them up but would prefer to sell all 3. My total bill was $323 with all the crappy Ticketmaster service fees. I just want to unload them for face value and cover the service fees. Let me know if you're interested... I'm new to this, can you send me an email through here or do I need to post something with more information??

E-mail me at Byrd4LSU@hotmail.com

Brett10s
01-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd love to buy these from you. Are they still available? My email is jbhartig @ gmail.com

beernutz
01-21-2009, 01:26 PM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=15536
Tickets apparently sold out in less than an hour. I guess tennis fans in Alabama are not hicks after all.

MSL
01-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I've got 2 that I might be willing to part with if someone really needs to go. They are the $90 tickets.

-Matt

Byrd4LSU
02-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I've got 2 that I might be willing to part with if someone really needs to go. They are the $90 tickets.

-Matt

Are yours still available?

MSL
02-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Are yours still available?

Yes, but they are going up on the auction site today or tomorrow. They are selling for $400+ (per pair) right now.

-Matt

Byrd4LSU
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, but they are going up on the auction site today or tomorrow. They are selling for $400+ (per pair) right now.

-Matt

Prices are gonna drop since Federer backed out today.

MSL
02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Probably.. but, Roddick and Blake will be fun to watch and that atmosphere is seldom found here in the states.

DennisTennis14
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I am selling 3 lower level tickets, 19 L row U
Face value 280/ticket.
Contact me if interested, dennisdobrin@hotmail.com

Slicendicer
02-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Anybody wanna split cost on a set of 2 tickets? The $500 seats are still available and the wife and I would really like to go. We'll take either Friday or Sunday and will flip for Sat. doubles. :)

Fedace
02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Who would want to go and watch this, now that Federer pulled out ??

saram
02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
^^ I sure would. Seems like a dumb question :)

Byrd4LSU
02-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Anybody wanna split cost on a set of 2 tickets? The $500 seats are still available and the wife and I would really like to go. We'll take either Friday or Sunday and will flip for Sat. doubles. :)

E-mail me at Byrd4LSU@hotmail.com

Byrd4LSU
02-25-2009, 07:15 AM
I've got 2 tickets for sale in section 24L, row C. These are lower level center court seats.

Plans have changed, & I can only attend Sunday now. So I definitely need to sell these for Friday & Saturday. If you want them for all 3 days, then I'll sell Sunday also. I can get another pair elsewhere to use on Sunday.

Please e-mail me at Byrd4LSU@hotmail.com if interested.

Thanks

http://i41.tinypic.com/wr01nk.gif

tideronthehooch
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I feel like I got screwed by buying in the USTA presale. Bought $90 level (should have manned up and bought the $140) and got midcourt Row P in the upper deck. The USTA presale should've gotten me better than that,:confused: Don't you think?

spot
03-03-2009, 10:15 AM
We have a 20 person group coming into town for this for the weekend- I'm sure we will be hitting the bars rather hard both Friday and Saturday night. If anyone else is going to be in town for this and wants to join up send me a PM with some contact info and I'll let you know where we will be.

Gemini
03-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I feel like I got screwed by buying in the USTA presale. Bought $90 level (should have manned up and bought the $140) and got midcourt Row P in the upper deck. The USTA presale should've gotten me better than that,:confused: Don't you think?

Yeah. I agree. Unfortunately, I found out after the fact that the pre-sale was only giving USTA members a shot a tickets before the general public. But if you think about something like Davis Cup, a large portion of the general public here in the U.S. are all USTA members.