PDA

View Full Version : HELP with multi!!!

lawlitssoo1n
01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
what should i use?? i have a couple of strings in mind, but i have no idea what i should get

these are my choices
wilson nxt
wilson kgut
prince syn gut multi

Doc Hollidae
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
This is obviously a biased choice, but I really like Prince Multi. It's pretty durable for a multi and has good pocketing. It's a little stiffer than other multis, but still easy on the arm. It's got a nice buttery feel to it. Also it's on the cheaper side of multis.

origmarm
01-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I personally also like the Prince multi out of these choices. That said they are all fine string.

Valjean is a good bet for advice on multis, he knows a lot of them.

These are your only choices?

Valjean
01-07-2009, 07:20 AM
what should i use?? i have a couple of strings in mind, but i have no idea what i should get

these are my choices
wilson nxt
wilson kgut
prince syn gut multi
To someone with little string experience, I'd say take one of these moderately-priced ones instead (listed from soft to firmer, and paired to your selection order too):

1. Prince's Premier w/Softflex
2. Babolat's Addiction
3. Babolat's Attraction/Attraction Power

01-07-2009, 07:42 AM
To someone with little string experience, I'd say take one of these moderately-priced ones instead (listed from soft to firmer, and paired to your selection order too):

1. Prince's Premier w/Softflex
2. Babolat's Addiction
3. Babolat's Attraction/Attraction Power

are these clear choices over say, max touch and titan, or about the same and your preference

thanks for your help

Valjean
01-07-2009, 07:55 AM
These are my recommendations based on this OP's question, where he comes from, and his current list. I thought I made that clear enough, too. What else would it be?

hoodjem
01-07-2009, 08:00 AM
VJ,

Based on all these suggestions and your experience, what would be a "crisp" multi with good feel?

Thanks.

Valjean
01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Now, come on; there are likely a dozen threads in here about "crisp" this and that. (And they all pretty much seem to bog down on what that means, too). Review those, and then I'd start one of your own, with that problem in mind, if it means that much to you. But I think one thing that would help you get the feedback you want too would be to start with the kind of play-need that's involved and indicated by the type of game you play, experience you have, string and tension, and racquet--you know, like the USRSA playtesters routinely provide.

T1000
01-07-2009, 08:24 AM
x-1 is a pretty good multi. best one i've used imo. out of the ones you picked, prince is the way to go

01-07-2009, 09:20 AM
These are my recommendations based on this OP's question, where he comes from, and his current list. I thought I made that clear enough, too. What else would it be?

sorry, didn't mean to disturb your peace. Since none of them was on his current list, i misssed the connection. I don't have time to read every post and cross ref all the info, for every question I have.
I was impressed with your rep for having knowledge of Multi's and had the question, comparing the the MT string to your choices.
I'm no expert and use polys mostly these days for full job.
I'll try to make sure I ask someone else next time I have a multi question.
thanks anyway,

hoodjem
01-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Now, come on; there are likely a dozen threads in here about "crisp" this and that. (And they all pretty much seem to bog down on what that means, too). Review those, and then I'd start one of your own, with that problem in mind, if it means that much to you. But I think one thing that would help you get the feedback you want too would be to start with the kind of play-need that's involved and indicated by the type of game you play, experience you have, string and tension, and racquet--you know, like the USRSA playtesters routinely provide.

VJ,

Sorry, I was just trying to pick your (particularly multi-experienced) brain. I have run many searches, and done just a such thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=218120

lawlitssoo1n
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
how about tech multifeel?

Valjean
01-07-2009, 11:39 AM
sorry, didn't mean to disturb your peace. Since none of them was on his current list, i misssed the connection. I don't have time to read every post and cross ref all the info, for every question I have.
I was impressed with your rep for having knowledge of Multi's and had the question, comparing the the MT string to your choices.
I'm no expert and use polys mostly these days for full job.
I'll try to make sure I ask someone else next time I have a multi question.
thanks anyway,
Sorry your re-reading didn't take in more than my list.

I'm also disinclined to go much off-topic.

Better luck next time.

morten
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
tech xr3 is great IMO, for a more controlled, low power "crisp";) feel

01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry your re-reading didn't take in more than my list.

I'm also disinclined to go much off-topic.

Better luck next time.

fair enough.:)

lawlitssoo1n
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
power i can generate im looking for control and spin

william7gr
01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
X-1 is good, I also like the nxt

Bad Dog
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
To me, Wilson K-Gut is even better than NXT.

lawlitssoo1n
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
i've tried k-gut and NXT. i really don't like nxt but k-gut is good. but i want something more affordable...
im thinking the xr3 or just going with k-gut again

migjam
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM

these are my choices
wilson nxt
wilson kgut
prince syn gut multi

Give Technifibre Multifeel a try. Plays very similar to NXT and is cheaper.

vndesu
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
x1s or nrgs feel best to me.
and wen i get free strings from my friend i usually use live wires xp 16g