PDA

View Full Version : Verdasco Big Year!!

Crisp
01-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I reckon Verdasco is going to have a big year and make it into the top 10, he is a magnificent ball striker and moves well. He won that big 5 setter for Spain to clinch the Davis Cup and this might just spur him on to bigger and better things. He just needs to be a bit smarted with shot selection and he has got it made.

DJG
01-07-2009, 04:42 AM
More competition is always good. I wish him all success for this year and the next and...

mrmo1115
01-07-2009, 06:15 AM
I hear he just switched to the new Adidas Barricade racket.. In terms of his ranking, I think he will be in the top 25 for sure by the end of the year. It depends on him really.

jimwh
01-07-2009, 06:46 AM
How can his year be any bigger, he is dating Ana Ivanovic.

tennisgirl90
01-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't think so. He won against Tomic and Ancic, who wasn't in good shape, but he didn't beat one of the top guys. The final match in Argentina was very choky and as long as he don't learn how to handle the pressure in this big moments, he won't go into topten. I think it will be a succes if he stays where he is right now.

T1000
01-07-2009, 08:31 AM
he's got the game just gotta get the mental part under control

Toxicmilk
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
How can his year be any bigger, he is dating Ana Ivanovic.

Lol! Very true!

I'm confident that he can be a consistent top 20 player, but like someone else said, it is very much up to him. Top 10? Not sure, so much competition right now. If he gets hot I can definately see him maybe 7-10?

kelz
01-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Maybe if he gives his forehand more margin for error. Blasting balls won't exactly give you the highest percentage play.

egn
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
he can maybe crack top ten but he will never be a real threat he is 25 turning 26 he has two years of top ten tennis if he can shape up =]

rubberduckies
01-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I just want him to get more visibility.

His forehand is an absolute thing of beauty. It is so fluid and one of the most powerful in the game.

Crisp
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I just new he was primed to play good tennis, I bet he looks a million dollars on the practice court with the game he has, and now he is strarting to put that into matches. Good On Him.

TheTruth
01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Someone posted a thread about this after the Davis Cup. Boy, did they hit the nail on the head.

Vamos, Fernando!!!!

But only after this tournament. You've done enough already. J/K. Glad to see Fernando playing well.

Crisp
01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
There you go, he moves into the top ten and plays one of the greatest matches ever, for those that think this should not rate as one of the greatest matches ever, i think you are mistaken, i was at this match and the hitting was unbeleivable. I was also at the SafinV Fed semi in 05, so i have a pretty good comparison. Go Verdasco.

YouCantBeSerious
01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Terminasco 4 ever. Con un par!

YouCantBeSerious
01-31-2009, 05:24 PM
There you go, he moves into the top ten and plays one of the greatest matches ever, for those that think this should not rate as one of the greatest matches ever, i think you are mistaken, i was at this match and the hitting was unbeleivable. I was also at the SafinV Fed semi in 05, so i have a pretty good comparison. Go Verdasco.
Droooooooool.......

The_Question
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
At first I thought Verdasco was just a pretty boy, but not much else. However, he really have protential and very amazing to watch...

ruerooo
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM

Wow. You got to see both of those live? I'm jealous. :D

saram
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
I reckon Verdasco is going to have a big year and make it into the top 10, he is a magnificent ball striker and moves well. He won that big 5 setter for Spain to clinch the Davis Cup and this might just spur him on to bigger and better things. He just needs to be a bit smarted with shot selection and he has got it made.

Great prediction on your part as you made this prediction three weeks ago and Rafa and Fernando treated us to one of the greatest matches ever. Well done, Sir!

TheTruth
01-31-2009, 09:11 PM

I was looking for this thread a week ago trying to remember who had called it! Good job. You were right.