PDA

View Full Version : Federer on his 2009 plans

DoubleDeuce
01-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Some read for fellow Fed fans Here (http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2009/01/05/sports/OUKSP-UK-TENNIS-MEN-QATAR-FEDERER.php)

He talks about his goals and plans for the new year.

Gemini
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
It's interesting how he refers to getting back to number one as regaining "his" top ranking.

DoubleDeuce
01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
It's interesting how he refers to getting back to number one as regaining "his" top ranking.

That's right, it was his ranking. Too true? too bad.

Oui, c'est moi.
01-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Good luck to you Roger.
I am 100% behind him.

LanceStern
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
It was his top ranking for 4 years.

I could understand the attachment he has to it, and it's still within his grasp

bladepdb
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
"This time last year, I was sick. But now I am fully fit."

Two months later after losing in Rd. 4 at AO....

Fed: "I unfortunately was diagnosed with [some bull condition] that really took a lot out of my game, you know."

thejoe
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Two months later after losing in Rd. 4 at AO....

Fed: "I unfortunately was diagnosed with [some bull condition] that really took a lot out of my game, you know."

He had mononucleosis, that is by no means "some bull condition." Look what it has done to Ancic.

viduka0101
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
He had mononucleosis, that is by no means "some bull condition." Look what it has done to Ancic.

exactly look what it had done to ancic
he was out for a year and little more
mr surprise i had mono when i lost recovered faster than he would from common cold ,what the f***?

thejoe
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
exactly look what it had done to ancic
he was out for a year and little more
mr surprise i had mono when i lost recovered faster than he would from common cold ,what the f***?

Indeed, what are you trying to say? He didn't recover instantly, and you clearly don't understand how it disrupted his season. He missed much of his off-season preparation due to mono, and was essentially playing catch-up for the rest of the year.

vmosrafa08
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
He wants to be no. 1 and surpass Sampras' record. What's new?

egn
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Nothing really new to his schedule other than he dropped a few tournaments, notably clay court seasons ones with his dropping of Estoril and Monte Carlo, he dropped two more..well the olympics aren't here and he replace stockholm with tokyo. I like the fact that he is playing a real tournament before the Australian Open to get into shape..though. Hopefully he plays tokyo..

I am kind of iffy about him not going to Monte Carlo and Estoril, i get he wanted his clay court season shorter but at the same time he is a really good clay court player and only playing 3 tournaments is iffy especially since those were his two best results on clay he is about thousand points not playing them, thats a lot of ground to make up somewhere else. However less clay is a good thing at his age and he might do better and maybe win a clay master series if he plays less. We will see he needs a masters crown early though I say that now or he is never going to get back to that number one ranking. He has to win back wimbledon and win one or two of the first five master series.

kelz
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I think the Grand Slams should be more seductive than 'his' number 1 rank.