PDA

View Full Version : Cyberflash/Cyberblue hybrid?

Dishiki
01-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I've been hitting with full Cyberflash with my Fischer and it's been great. It has given me a little arm soreness, but not sure whether it is due to a previous radial fracture (scar tissue) or the polys. I want to maybe try a different setup. I've tried SPPP and Micro Gosen and didn't really care for it.

This is what I have in stock to work with so recommend some unusual hybrids and why they might be a good choice.

Pack of NRG2 17g
Pack of NXT 17g
Pack of Pro Supex Big ace 17g
Pack of Topspin Cyberblue 17g
Reel of Micro Gosen 16g
Reel of Topspin Cyberflash 17g

Spatula
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Big Ace/NRG2 or NXT
Cyberflash and the same.

joletzring
01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Dishiki,

The problem with using any of the multis you have (the NRG2, NXT, etc.) in a hybrid is that the poly is literally going to chew them up. In other words, if you go with a hybrid of the poly with the multi, you are going to get very little durability. This is particularly true because if I am remembering correctly all of your multis were 17 gauge. Maybe you aren't concerned about durability, but you should at least be aware of this.

If I were you, I might try one of the following (keeping in mind that your elbow is bothering you):

(1) Cyberpower (mains)/Cyberflash (crosses)

(2) Cyberpower (mains)/Gosen synthetic gut (crosses)

(3) Gosen synthetic Gut (mains)/Cyberflash or Cyberpower in the crosses (by switching the poly into the crosses and the synthetic gut into the mains, this should make the stringbed a little less stiff and therefore a little easier on your arm)

Good luck and keep us posted on what setup you choose and how you like it.

Gottabekin
01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
One of my buddy use to break strings in a week or so when he was using full Cyber Flash. Now he switched to Cyber Flash main and Cyber Power cross, he does not break them anymore. He told me that he loves that combo. You could also try full Cyber Power since is softer than Cyber Flash.

netman
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Been using CyberBlue mains and CyberFlash crosses for a while now. Great combination. The CyberBlue mains provide the power and the CyberFlash crosses stiffen up the stringbed for a crisper feel than you get with a full CyberBlue job. I only use the 17.

Dishiki
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I restrung my two racquets, and initially this is what I tried. I tried full polys on both so I could get a feel for the strings. Did a full job of cyberblue at 55, and a full job of pro supex big ace at 52,

I really did not like the cyberblue at all. It felt like jelly and I felt like I was spraying shots all over the place. Really hard to control my shots, and felt nothing like the cyberflash. With the cyberflash my shots were tight and crisp and had good depth.

I really liked the pro supex alot. I would probably string it at 55-56 next time to give me a bit better control but it felt crisp, had decent bite on the ball. Volleys were good, serves were good.

Might just go back to cyberflash in one racquet, or use cyberflash mains to try to stiffen up the cyberblue a bit.

hoodjem
01-10-2009, 05:35 AM
SPPP and Gosen is too much of a contrast: soft poly and medium crisp synth= muted and dull.

Try the CF mains and NXT crosses--crisp with lots of feel.

Kal-El 34
01-10-2009, 05:54 AM
full big ace