PDA

View Full Version : Up-ing tension

KerryJ
01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi. I Recently changed from full PSGD at 54 to ALU Power in the mains and PSGD in the crosses at 56/54. However, in 12 days (it was weird it lasted me so long, the full PSGD only lasts 6) it was really loose. The sound of the ball was different. Instead of a smack it sounded more like a "poughh". The best way I can describe it is it sounded doughy. Anyway, I just strung it at 61 lbs all around, and was wondering how big a difference this will make. I haven't strung a racquet past 58 for about 7 months. Also, will this be the solution to making the strings stay more lively for a longer period of time? Thanks

mtommer
01-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi. I Recently changed from full PSGD at 54 to ALU Power in the mains and PSGD in the crosses at 56/54. However, in 12 days (it was weird it lasted me so long, the full PSGD only lasts 6) it was really loose. The sound of the ball was different. Instead of a smack it sounded more like a "poughh". The best way I can describe it is it sounded doughy. Anyway, I just strung it at 61 lbs all around, and was wondering how big a difference this will make. I haven't strung a racquet past 58 for about 7 months. Also, will this be the solution to making the strings stay more lively for a longer period of time? Thanks

Not really. I've dropped down to 62/62 before and I noticed no significant difference in longevity. I don't think moving up would be any different. I could be wrong though.

KerryJ
01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Not really. I've dropped down to 62/62 before and I noticed no significant difference in longevity. I don't think moving up would be any different. I could be wrong though.

Thanks. It was really different at first. I know the strings couldn't do this but it just felt heavier. I was late on everything (I know it's unrelated). But then later in the afternoon it was easier, it feels better I think. The serves feel more solid