PDA

View Full Version : Tennis training dvd's

shanker
01-08-2009, 07:44 AM
If i were going to purchase only one set of training/instruction tennis dvd's, which should I choose?
I'm trying to teach/coach both of my daughter's as well as improve myself.
I don't want my 10 year old to pick up any of my bad habits or anything and my 14 year old has just decided she wants to be on the HS team now. Private lessons or the like are not an option at this time.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

mike53
01-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Do you specifically want DVDs rather than a printed book?

shanker
01-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Not necessarily..just wanted to see things in motion as I have read a few books about the subject. Might be easier for the little one to get it better, too.
I see lots of homemade type stuff available and also some very professionally done stuff. Just wanting to maximize my meager dollars.

Thanks

ksqwqb
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Get a subscription to tennisplayer.net. When I was learning (still am) I watched a bunch of videos, visited a bunch of sites, etc. Then I joined here. This is the best, not even close. Best $100 I ever spent. You won't be sorry, trust me.

mike53
01-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Your training dollars go farthest here because it's free:
http://www.usta.com/Coaches/Default.aspx

Djokovicfan4life
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
www.fuzzyyellowballs.com

Try this site before you decide to spend a little cash. It's free and right on the money on pretty much every aspect of the game.

mike53
01-08-2009, 10:38 AM
The video instruction at Fuzzy Yellow Balls is exceptional and I find that it dovetails nicely with the free pro-player videos on the USTA site.