PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy greedy or just cheap?

Rickson
01-08-2009, 07:51 AM
How can anybody justify making a profit off of someone's hunger? I hope this jerk gets fed the same garbage he fed those inmates.

greedy sheriff (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/07/national/main4706215.shtml?tag=topHome;topStories)

hollywood9826
01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
This guy is not greedy or cheap. He is smart and working within the law.

Prisoners dont reserve to be full afetr everymeal. This guy will make a slight modification to the diet plan and still profit off the excess.

Rickson
01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Come on, wood, that's harsh. They need to change that stupid Alabama law because greed knows no end.

Racer41c
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm all for harsh punishment. Unless it's killing them (which most of them didn't give the courtesy of in the 1st place), I'm ok with it.

If it's my tax dollars, I'd rather provide food and shelter for those who are truly dis-advantaged; the mentally ill whom we've cast aside for doing no harm to another human.

hollywood9826
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I dont think its that harsh if he feeds them properly. Two nutritionists confirmed that the diet meet daily needs. Once again they are in prison for a reason, and shoulod not get to eat and endless supply of burgers, steaks, seafood, or whatever else there is.

They also said they ate corndogs twice a day for weeks.

But yes the law seems pretty stupid. But it lets the state not have to worry about negotiating contracts for the supply of food and whatever else, and minimizes management/interaction of the program.

Rickson
01-08-2009, 09:28 AM
But this selfish sheriff was intentionally holding back just so he could make some $$$. If he pocketed money from an actual surplus where the inmates were fed properly, that's one thing, but to starve them in order to get bank is disgusting.

rommil
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
How can anybody justify making a profit off of someone's hunger? I hope this jerk gets fed the same garbage he fed those inmates.

greedy sheriff (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/07/national/main4706215.shtml?tag=topHome;topStories)

Profiting from it is wrong. However, he helped curb the number of fat people in America.

albino smurf
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
He should be legally liable for this and should be fired and jailed himself. He was stealing tax money rather than utilizing it for its intended purpose. All the dumb jokes aside, if there was money left over it should be refunded to the tax payers or applied to other areas of public need.

hollywood9826
01-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I dont think its a bad law to have. I bet the money he made off this (reported 65K) in 2007 would be spent up very quickly if they had to make on an office responsible for this.

And in knowing how govt spending works that what would happen, they would probably make 2 or 3 people to an office per county/district to maintain this miniscule program. I say let the sherriff make his 60k and save the counties 400k.

As long as nutrionists say the plan is adequate (which they are) Im fine with it.

themitchmann
01-08-2009, 09:53 AM
He should be legally liable for this and should be fired and jailed himself. He was stealing tax money rather than utilizing it for its intended purpose. All the dumb jokes aside, if there was money left over it should be refunded to the tax payers or applied to other areas of public need.

Exactly...letting him keep the extra cash is ridiculous. I'm sure there are a number a places that money could be very useful.

albino smurf
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I say let the sherriff make his 60k and save the counties 400k.

Do you pay taxes? Do you hope to have that money squandered?

hollywood9826
01-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Do you pay taxes? Do you hope to have that money squandered?

I would be more than happy to let that Sheriff keep 60k instead of having a seperate office cost 400k where poeple would just sit on bumb all day. Because that what would happen.

10sfreak
01-10-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't think the sherriff should be jailed, since he was operating under the law. However, I do think that law needs to be changed, as it seems to me that it would/could/did lead to these kinds of abuses.