PDA

View Full Version : Question re Luxilon ALU Power and tension?

Doulers
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
What does Luxilon ALU Power feel like strung at a very low tension (e.g. 48 to 50 pounds)?

I have tried Luxilon ALU Power in hybrids before (in the mains) strung in the high 50's with gut in the crosses. This hybrid still gave me elbow pain. I am thinking of trying a full string job with just Luxilon ALU Power but at a very low tension like 48 pounds. However, is this too low? Does the string get mushy at such a low tension and/or make it difficult to control shots at such a low tension?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Miykeaul
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
What does Luxilon ALU Power feel like strung at a very low tension (e.g. 48 to 50 pounds)?

I have tried Luxilon ALU Power in hybrids before (in the mains) strung in the high 50's with gut in the crosses. This hybrid still gave me elbow pain. I am thinking of trying a full string job with just Luxilon ALU Power but at a very low tension like 48 pounds. However, is this too low? Does the string get mushy at such a low tension and/or make it difficult to control shots at such a low tension?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Doulers. I happen to play with the Luxilion Alu Power and it plays dead. That's how its suppose to feel. I think stringing it to 48 is too low. If you string it that low it would be more difficult to control your shots, but it will add more power; I think the Alu Power already has power in it. If you play in the high 50's (like 59 for instance,) maybe you should take it down to 54-56. It's just a suggestion. By the way, I think doing a full string job with Alu Power will only make your elbow worse. If it does, I suggest switching to a softer string.

TennezSport
01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
I think doing a full string job with Alu Power will only make your elbow worse. If it does, I suggest switching to a softer string.

It really depends on the racquet you use and the string pattern, along with tension. We have players here who string AluPwr at 47lbs in Wilson KFactor 90 (16x19) and love it. However, if you are already suffering elbow pain with a NG hybrid, I have to agree with Miykeaul's comment to go with a softer string, at least until the elbow pain is gone.

If you really like poly string, you should try some of the newer polys by Weiss CANNON, Prince or Kirschbaum as they are very soft with great feel but still perform like a poly. Best of luck with the elbow.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool: