PDA

View Full Version : BCS Championship Game: Florida or Oklahoma?

Dedans Penthouse
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
So, here it is, 1,378 bowl games down and 1 to go.

Who wins tonight's game, Florida or Oklahoma?

(also: "who cares?" options are provided as well--to be fair to all) :-)

S H O W S T O P P E R !
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I can't even call the game. Both high-powered offenses against two very good defenses. I don't know if it's gonna be a shootout or a defensive struggle. But after seeing a youtube highlight of Tebow crying after he lost to Ole Miss, I'll take the Sooners because I wanna see Tebow cry. :D

stormholloway
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I live to see Oklahoma lose.

ChipNCharge
01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
38-24, Oklahoma

J-man
01-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Gonna be a hell of a game. Got a crap load to do tonight I hope I can catch the game. I voted Oklahoma.

Dedans Penthouse
01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I live to see Oklahoma loseAmen Stormin' outta Norman.... ;-)

No fan of Florida per se...'canes...but I hope "Bob Stoops to a new low" tonight.....along with that fat, cheapshot DL #93; Major: Cheesecake.

Sept. 6, 2008: was the day I was passively watching an Oklahoma Sooner-Cincinati Bearcat football game. Grutza, the Cincinati QB went down injured with what proved to be a broken leg. Unfortunately, it's part of the game I thought to myself.....except what I saw next: while lying on the ground with the attention focused on his injured leg, Oklahoma's DL (#93) "at the other end of the pile" was literally banging the injured QB's head into the ground...REPEATEDLY. It must be mentioned that Oklahoma DL #96 is also a low-life piece of s**t as well. After watching that "Oklahoma" moment, I can only hope for bad--really bad--things happen to Oklahoma and their "shouldn't have won the Heisman" :razz: QB (even if he's the one otherwise nice kid on the team).

Die Oklahoma, die! :twisted:

goober
01-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I vote 13-0 Utah #1:)

USC #2

Winner of BCS title game #3

LOL:mrgreen:

Barack- put the presidential pressure on for a playoff pronto!

PopWar
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I would like to see Oklahoma lose
UT all the way

TokyopunK
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Bradford looks like Justine Henin

mhstennis100
01-08-2009, 04:49 PM
voted Florida, but I hope OU wins

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-08-2009, 04:52 PM
OU, just for kicks i voted for the last option ;)

ttbrowne
01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Halftime:

OU is the better team. Defense is good. Offense is great. Tebow looks a little over-rated at the half. Maybe he'll catch on fire the second half. Very talented!

Officials and announcers clearly in Florida's favor. The down the sideline hit was pass interference bigtime. The refs don't seem to have control of the game.

Bradford looks like NFL material right now!
He threw the ball so hard that Marshall couldn't catch it and it popped up and was intercepted. An NFL reciever woulda had it!

Should be 21-7 OU.

Oh well. Maybe they missed their chances.

cujays
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
ou all the way
the missed oppertunities are killing them

J-man
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Defensive is all I gotta say so far about this game

pro_staff
01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I can't even call the game. Both high-powered offenses against two very good defenses. I don't know if it's gonna be a shootout or a defensive struggle. But after seeing a youtube highlight of Tebow crying after he lost to Ole Miss, I'll take the Sooners because I wanna see Tebow cry. :D

You mean ONE very good defense? Oklahoma has terrible defense...

kobe3pointer
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
GATORS win...

caesar66
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Halftime:

OU is the better team. Defense is good. Offense is great. Tebow looks a little over-rated at the half. Maybe he'll catch on fire the second half. Very talented!

Officials and announcers clearly in Florida's favor. The down the sideline hit was pass interference bigtime. The refs don't seem to have control of the game.

He threw the ball so hard that Marshall couldn't catch it and it popped up and was intercepted. An NFL reciever woulda had it!

Should be 21-7 OU.

Oh well. Maybe they missed their chances.

tee hee... I love the SEC

taz23
01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Its great to be a florida gator!!

EPaps
01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
38-24, Oklahoma

oops 10 char

dr325i
01-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Its great to be a florida gator!!

+1
As for the officiating comments -- Sooners whiners.
How many facemasks (Tebow...) were not called on FL.
What about purposely trying to hurt Harvin, and no unsportsmanlike conduct, but call it on Tebow...
The refs were great, the Gators were average (not their best game), Choklahoma showed how overrated Big 12 is (OU -- lost, UT -- should have lost, TT -- lost, OK State -- lost)

oscar_2424
01-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Not the best game by the gators, but they got the job done, i dont think anyone is better than them, even UTAH, Gators were the best team of the season, and they have the best QB in Tim Tebow.

Dedans Penthouse
01-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Halftime:

Should be 21-7 OU.

Oh well. Maybe they missed their chances.My semi-rant above showed my "who will win?" opinion was based on emotion. My post-game 2 cents: There's a good case to be made for OU being (overall) the better team. Granted Florida made some nice adjustments (that's what coaches are paid for), but it seemed like when OU's offense was on the field, the field almost appeared tilted 'downhill' for OU and that the Florida "D" was leaning against a door trying to keep the ever-pressing wolf at bay. Bradford's passing--the precision!--was very, VERY impressive. One of his interceptions was a result of him sticking a pass into a small hole but his receiver let the defender rip the ball out of this hands. What a sweet arm. Some guys can "throw" long...Bradford can "pass" long. And to think they didn't have DeMarco Murrray--that IS one scary team.

Tebow? Don't know how/where that guy's gonna play on Sunday, but for now--collegiately-speaking--a truly great football player/leader. Brutal pass for his 1st int; on the 2nd, he didn't see "Cheesecake" (#73 not 93 as previously mentioned-my bad) sitting in the MLB position in a gaget drop-back "D" scheme...could give Tebow "a pass" on that one. Tebow's run of his on 3rd and long for a first down in the 3rd quarter was huge....and imho set the table for Florida's turnaround. That and getting OU's safeties to respect the pass in the 2nd half and getting them "out of the box." That said, albino smurf, Chip 'n Charge, cujays, J-man, sliccekick and ttbrowne, your pick was a very valid one.

As for Tokyopunk's "pick(s)" a personal note to the Nipponpunster below.

Again, I'm no OU fan but Bradford's passing is worth the price of admission alone. Look forward to him and Tebow in '09...can only imagine the magic they'll both provide in their respective styles. Now onto NFL playoffs, Aussie Open and then.....the mid-winter ennui :neutral: .....waiting for "March Madness."

So? ...... who's #1?....USC?.....the undefeated Utes? :razz: Hell, while we're at it, who the hell gonna win the Super Bowl? lol

Tokyopunk: nicely done! :-) The poll allowed for "more-than-one" (smart-***) pick and you read it like a book and ran with it by voting for BOTH teams. Bingo. Two thumbs up and "nicely done" knucklehead!-props. ;-)

Kevin T
01-09-2009, 05:56 AM
+1
As for the officiating comments -- Sooners whiners.
How many facemasks (Tebow...) were not called on FL.
What about purposely trying to hurt Harvin, and no unsportsmanlike conduct, but call it on Tebow...
The refs were great, the Gators were average (not their best game), Choklahoma showed how overrated Big 12 is (OU -- lost, UT -- should have lost, TT -- lost, OK State -- lost)

Yep, yep. There was no announcer or officiating bias. The Florida DB stroked the OU receiver at exactly the moment the ball was arriving, which is perfectly legal. It's a pass play, not a kickoff return. There is no "halo". Florida played very average and still held on. Tebow threw as many INT last night as he did all season. He's a gamer and wouldn't allow UF to lose. Being an SEC school grad myself, I can say that I hate Florida more than almost anyone and that someone is Stoops. Always a pleasure to see "Big Game...oops, I've lost my last 5 BCS games" Bob go down in flames. Bradford had an excellent game and should be a great NFL QB. I guess he should've told his teammates not to call Tebow the "4th best QB in the Big 12". Big 12 is looking like the Big 10 in terms of bowl play. As dr325i mentioned, even a half-hearted defensive stand by OSU wins the Texas game.

Here's more for all the SEC homers and haters:

The SEC is undefeated in BCS title games
The SEC has won the last 3 and 4 of the last 6 national championships
The SEC is 7-2 in title games since 1989 and hasn't lost a national championship game since 1995, when Nebraska (one of the best, if not the best team in College football history) spanked Florida

ttbrowne
01-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Yep, yep. There was no announcer or officiating bias. The Florida DB stroked the OU receiver at exactly the moment the ball was arriving, which is perfectly legal. It's a pass play, not a kickoff return.

There is no "halo". Florida played very average and still held on. Tebow threw as many INT last night as he did all season. He's a gamer and wouldn't allow UF to lose. Being an SEC school grad myself, I can say that I hate Florida more than almost anyone and that someone is Stoops. Always a pleasure to see "Big Game...oops, I've lost my last 5 BCS games" Bob go down in flames. Bradford had an excellent game and should be a great NFL QB. I guess he should've told his teammates not to call Tebow the "4th best QB in the Big 12". Big 12 is looking like the Big 10 in terms of bowl play. As dr325i mentioned, even a half-hearted defensive stand by OSU wins the Texas game.

Announcers not biased? You didn't watch the game. Take a look at two different sports websights. Brennaman has man-crush on Tebow.
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/01/09/bcs-national-championship-2009-thom-brennaman-forces-mute-butto/

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/speed-read-gators-win-bcs-title-nation-yawns-21742

As far as Big 12 winning, I could care less if my conference wins. You have to recruit against teams in the same conference. I want other teams in my conference to LOSE. Only SEC fans feel some sort of love-fest with their conference. Weird stuff.

ChipNCharge
01-09-2009, 06:54 AM
The difference in the game was OU went 2-4 in the Red Zone, while Florida was 4-4.

ttbrowne
01-09-2009, 07:16 AM
The difference in the game was OU went 2-4 in the Red Zone, while Florida was 4-4.

That is the truth.

Kevin T
01-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Announcers not biased? You didn't watch the game. Take a look at two different sports websights. Brennaman has man-crush on Tebow.
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/01/09/bcs-national-championship-2009-thom-brennaman-forces-mute-butto/

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/speed-read-gators-win-bcs-title-nation-yawns-21742

As far as Big 12 winning, I could care less if my conference wins. You have to recruit against teams in the same conference. I want other teams in my conference to LOSE. Only SEC fans feel some sort of love-fest with their conference. Weird stuff.

Haterade alert!! Haterade alert!!

Actually, I did watch the game. That's why I paid no attention to the announcers. Of all the things to whine about, that takes the cake. My only complaint is that the BCS/NCAA gave Fox, a network that doesn't even televise regular season games, the rights to the BCS games.

All GOOD conferences have a love affair with their teams. I played in the ACC and even though you hate your enemies during the season, you pull for the conference in the postseason. Same goes for the SEC. That way, you can say your conference performed well, which looks good for everyone. My wife's family all went to Cal and they always pull for PAC 10 schools in the bowl games. Florida beats my grad school alma mater every year but at least we got beat by the national champs, not "Big Game" Bob U. That's not weird, it's apparently normal for everyone but the Big Choke, er 12.

Kevin T
01-09-2009, 07:21 AM
That is the truth.

Florida's defense created this "truth".

f1 tech
01-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Woooohoooo!!! It's great to be a FL Gator!

f1 tech
01-09-2009, 07:38 AM
The real poll now is can the Florida Gators beat the Detroit Lions??

ollinger
01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
My younger daughter's boyfriend is a Florida alumnus. He went down to Florida for the game -- not to go to the game itself, but to watch it in a bar in Gainesville, as he thought this was the only proper place to get really drunk.

oscar_2424
01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
hahah I wouldnt go that far to make them play the lions, but i swear Superman will at least get a TD :)

ttbrowne
01-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Haterade alert!! Haterade alert!!

Actually, I did watch the game. That's why I paid no attention to the announcers. Of all the things to whine about, that takes the cake. My only complaint is that the BCS/NCAA gave Fox, a network that doesn't even televise regular season games, the rights to the BCS games.

All GOOD conferences have a love affair with their teams. I played in the ACC and even though you hate your enemies during the season, you pull for the conference in the postseason. Same goes for the SEC. That way, you can say your conference performed well, which looks good for everyone. My wife's family all went to Cal and they always pull for PAC 10 schools in the bowl games. Florida beats my grad school alma mater every year but at least we got beat by the national champs, not "Big Game" Bob U. That's not weird, it's apparently normal for everyone but the Big Choke, er 12.

You did not watch the game. If you did, you'd see what every sports reporter saw. You just jumped on Florida bandwagon.

Actually, Stoops has won a National Championship for OU. So even though they didn't win this year....Oklahoma has won more than Florida. Get real.

Oklahoma Sooners National Champions
1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000

oscar_2424
01-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Tebow should come back next year and win it again to shut up all the haters.

Kevin T
01-09-2009, 08:10 AM
You did not watch the game. If you did, you'd see what every sports reporter saw. You just jumped on Florida bandwagon.

Actually, Stoops has won a National Championship for OU. So even though they didn't win this year....Oklahoma has won more than Florida. Get real.

What a sore loser. Nice job of pulling out all those championships from years before facemasks were put on helmets. :)

Good for Bob. He's now 1 for what...6? Hey, he's the Atlanta Braves of college football. Always a bridesmaid. I mean, there's not much else to do in OK, so you would think he could have concentrated and won a few more.

It's funny, because I didn't see "all the sports reporters" talking about what you "saw" on ESPN just after the game.

Kevin T
01-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Tebow should come back next year and win it again to shut up all the haters.

The bad news is that UF has 7 or 8 sophomore starters on defense. Urban has 2 titles in four years at UF. That's scary for the SEC and everyone in the nation. Florida already pumps out more quality D1 football players than any other state. Now if we can get a playoff system so the SEC champ and USC could play for the title every year :)

dr325i
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Were you even born when they won their last Championship???

stormholloway
01-09-2009, 10:12 AM

45-35
45-35
45-35

Oh, and one more thing...
45-35