PDA

View Full Version : Thicker gut=more feel?

sk8ing
01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
i honestly dont know if this is true i mean there is more gut touching the ball so wouldn't you get more feel? :confused:

Im using gut in my crosses and m just wondering

THanks guys! :D

lawlitssoo1n
01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
nope not really u get less feel.
why don't u try it out.

sk8ing
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
why would you get less feel???

tennisfreak15347
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
thicker= stiffer,. a stiffer string would decrease dwell time, reducing feel. generally, people tend to associate softer strings with having more feel. however, you can try out whatever you like.

lawlitssoo1n
01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
thicker= stiffer,. a stiffer string would decrease dwell time, reducing feel. generally, people tend to associate softer strings with having more feel. however, you can try out whatever you like.

yea what ever he said. go try it out, get 16G poly full and 18G poly full u will definitely feel the difference

sk8ing
01-08-2009, 02:38 PM
okay thx guys im gonna use 16g legend anyways instead of 15L tonic

oh and BTW any one wanna comment on wich one has more feel

TY

lawlitssoo1n
01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
do u know 15L is like the same as 16. maybe .1mm difference. welll some strings are like that
well the thicker gauges have more control

JavierLW
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
i honestly dont know if this is true i mean there is more gut touching the ball so wouldn't you get more feel? :confused:

Im using gut in my crosses and m just wondering

THanks guys! :D

From your last post, I gather you are confusing feel with "control", so maybe in your world, ya, thicker means more feel....

There are two factors at work. There is the big giant THUD that you hear and feel when you swing as hard as you possibly can.

And then there is the feel of being able to totally control the ball sometimes demonstrated in touch shots like a drop shot or a lob. I think that's what most people consider is "feel".

sk8ing
01-08-2009, 07:28 PM
From your last post, I gather you are confusing feel with "control", so maybe in your world, ya, thicker means more feel....

There are two factors at work. There is the big giant THUD that you hear and feel when you swing as hard as you possibly can.

And then there is the feel of being able to totally control the ball sometimes demonstrated in touch shots like a drop shot or a lob. I think that's what most people consider is "feel".

no i onderstand what feel is okay
its like the ability to have a total feel of the ball when you hit those drop shots and having the sensation of being able to feel that lob as you hit it

sk8ing
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
and i was just thinking if more gut hits the ball then more vibration...etc will be passed through

pow
01-08-2009, 10:13 PM
and i was just thinking if more gut hits the ball then more vibration...etc will be passed through

I think you should think of it as thinner strings transmitting the vibrations better. Thicker strings will dull it out a bit in comparison.

hoodjem
01-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I think thicker would mean less feel.

With polys I get feel only when the gauge is quite thin. Would the same logic apply to gut: thicker gauges mean less feel; thinner gauges give more feel?

sk8ing
01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I think thicker would mean less feel.

With polys I get feel only when the gauge is quite thin. Would the same logic apply to gut: thicker gauges mean less feel; thinner gauges give more feel?

i also noticed i large difernce in feel between 18 and 16 gauge polys also
but poly have no feel so thinner more elastic is better
but gut has huge feel so what has mroe feel?
more gut
or
less gut but more elastic