PDA

View Full Version : Non Poly Advice Wanted

MUZZA1973
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Can i have everyone's advice input on the following strings.....

*Technifibre X-One Biphase
*Technifibre Multifeel
*Kirschbaum Touch Multifibre

I have re-occuring elbow problems and want a soft string with plenty of control and feel without compromising too much power.

Do i go for a thinner or thicker gauge to combat TE?

Like my tension at around 57-58lbs.Do i drop or increase?

Reviewed the above three strings and found them to be the best suited and reviewed(apart from Nat Gut).

All input and advice is truly welcomed and appreciated.

TW Staff
01-09-2009, 05:47 AM
If you want a good combination of control and feel, I would recommend using a hybrid string. The Tecnifibre and Kirschbaum string that you have mentioned are good strings for feel, but not durability or control. One of the best strings that we sell that comes in a hybrid package is Klip x-plosive. The package is a Klip Legend natural gut half set and a Klip K-boom half set. I would put the natural gut on the main and the polyester string on the cross.

Danny, TW

Can i have everyone's advice input on the following strings.....

*Technifibre X-One Biphase
*Technifibre Multifeel
*Kirschbaum Touch Multifibre

I have re-occuring elbow problems and want a soft string with plenty of control and feel without compromising too much power.

Do i go for a thinner or thicker gauge to combat TE?

Like my tension at around 57-58lbs.Do i drop or increase?

Reviewed the above three strings and found them to be the best suited and reviewed(apart from Nat Gut).

All input and advice is truly welcomed and appreciated.

MUZZA1973
01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Danny...

MUZZA1973
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone else.....I'd appreciate all input!

meowmix
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
You're looking for nice control, but also some power. That's hard to get in one string, so Danny's suggestion of a hybrid would probably be a valid one. Unfortunately, even a hybrid (and you would need a poly-multi/syn gu hybrid) isn't very arm friendly.

One string that you may wish to consider is Head's Rip Control. It borders between a multi and a poly, has durability and doesn't move like a poly, but it isn't very harsh at all.

As for gauge, that doesn't really affect how bad your arm is going to hurt. You can get the same effects with an 18 gauge string as you can a 15 gauge one.

Dropping tension is suggested. The lower the tension, the more arm friendly a setup.

Another string to consider may be Wilson's new hollowcore. Although many here will disagree with me, I think it's a great string. For me, it had plenty of power (but not overwhelmingly so), lots of ball feel (the most I've ever gotton), but control was also there when I needed it.

Steve Huff
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Contrary to what Danny said, if you're having elbow problems, I wouldn't use the poly at all. If you do decide to use the poly anyway, I'd string the Klip Legend at 57 and the poly at around 52. Better yet, I'd get a set of Klip Legend and a set of synthetic gut, cut them both in half, put the Legend in the mains at 57 and the synthetic in the crosses at 54.

Of the 3 you list, I preferred the TF MultiFeel the best. The X-1 felt dead to me. I think the NRG2 plays better. The Kirshbaum felt fine too, but it broke rather quickly.

MUZZA1973
01-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Definately NO to Poly...Not good for the elbow!
Thanks to all for your advice.

goldenyama
01-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Most of my racquets are strung with Kirschbaum Touch in the mains, and it is one of the best strings I have ever used. Definitely the best multi. It is crisp yet comfortable, has good spin and control. It has good pop but it is NOT too powerful.

I would recommend using Kirschbaum Touch 17g in the mains and a good 16g syn gut (I use Pro Supex Spiral Flex) in the crosses. It's hard to beat this hybrid.

You can also string Kirschbaum Touch up pretty tight for control and it will still remain comfortable. I always string it over 60lbs in my OS racquets.

Good luck!