PDA

View Full Version : Is Hrabaty back?

harryz
01-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Am watching him against Safin in the Hopman Cup and he looks like his old self, but stronger and even more fit. Beat Safin in three and traded shots with equal power, great movement, and smart play. Also beat Blake and Kiefer, and his loss to Hewitt was 6-4 in the third. Match with Safin was very high quality, with both guys positively ripping the ball and moving well. Could he qualify at the AO and win rounds? Anyone else impressed with his play?

Big-Serve
01-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Yes, that's right! I also watched this match...really powerfull tennis! But Marat, for not practicing 2 months long you played nice ;)

tennisgirl90
01-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I don't think he's back. We're still talking about an exhibition tournament. I can't see him a whole season playing like this, but I wish him all the best.

crazylevity
01-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't think he's back. We're still talking about an exhibition tournament. I can't see him a whole season playing like this, but I wish him all the best.

He's one of the fittest guys on tour. He runs marathons for fun, on his off days. Safin was so obviously tired in the 3rd set tie-break, and Fred Stolle commented that Hrbaty looked as if it was 2-1 in the first set.

Feņa14
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
He often starts seasons well, it's not really happened for him over the course of a whole year though.

Tempest344
01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
He seems to be playing well hope he has a good last year
his serve looks unusual

Radical Shot
01-09-2009, 11:22 PM

The term "Exhibition Match" is ridiculous. Both players played a game of tennis. If an ATP player doesn't play their best becuase of an "Exhibition Match", then they they don't have what it takes.

Hrbaty has game. He positively outplayed Marat.

Feņa14
01-10-2009, 12:36 AM
The term "Exhibition Match" is ridiculous. Both players played a game of tennis. If an ATP player doesn't play their best becuase of an "Exhibition Match", then they they don't have what it takes.

Hrbaty has game. He positively outplayed Marat.

True, some exhibitions matches are played at a very high intensity. Some of the matches at the Hopman Cup have been fantastic, same can be said for the tournament last week where Murray played brilliant matches with Federer and Nadal.

SikSerb
01-10-2009, 01:32 AM
It takes more than one match to judge whether a player is making a comeback.