PDA

View Full Version : ATP Online streaming

rosenstar
01-09-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm thinking about buying the season pass for ATP.com so I can watch any match I want from my computer. Hows the quality and resolution? Is it worth the $70?

Thanks

NickC
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Try myp2p.eu instead. They stream all the tournaments. Some you might have to register with a betting site but that doesn't require any cash to be spent.

rosenstar
01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
how does the picture quality compare?

l_gonzalez
01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
the links on myp2p.eu are unreliable at best. I think the ATP streaming site (now called Tennis.tv) is awesome. You do need a good internet connection, I live in the UK and i have an 8mb connection and it works perfectly.

They have three streaming qualities: 450kb/s, 850kb/s and 1MB/s. To be honest i can't really tell the difference between the last 2, but they are very good.

I hook up my PC to my 37" LCD TV and i can watch it full screen and it's good.

It's obviously not as good as an actual TV signal, let alone an HD signal, but in my opinion, it is more than watchable.

With free links, especially with betting sites, you are sometimes restricted to watching in a small window and the quality is not great, usually between 250kb/s to about 500kb/s. Then there's the fact that to watch some of them you have to install some chinese p2p software.

The commentators are great by the way.

There are a couple of issues though.

I found that at Miami and Indian Wells Masters where it's usually really sunny, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to see the ball, luckily most of the best matches apart from the final are played at night, and then there are no such problems.

On the clay at Monte Carlo it's also a problem, i think it's something to do with the angle of the camera.

I still think it's well worth the $70, even more so because this year you not only get to watch all of the matches from the 9 Masters 1000 events and the Masters Cup at the end of the year, you also get to watch matches from the ATP 500 events from the quarter finals onwards, so basically all the good bits!

I'm not some sales rep for the website by the way, i just think the service is really good.

rosenstar
01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
the links on myp2p.eu are unreliable at best. I think the ATP streaming site (now called Tennis.tv) is awesome. You do need a good internet connection, I live in the UK and i have an 8mb connection and it works perfectly.

They have three streaming qualities: 450kb/s, 850kb/s and 1MB/s. To be honest i can't really tell the difference between the last 2, but they are very good.

I hook up my PC to my 37" LCD TV and i can watch it full screen and it's good.

It's obviously not as good as an actual TV signal, let alone an HD signal, but in my opinion, it is more than watchable.

With free links, especially with betting sites, you are sometimes restricted to watching in a small window and the quality is not great, usually between 250kb/s to about 500kb/s. Then there's the fact that to watch some of them you have to install some chinese p2p software.

The commentators are great by the way.

There are a couple of issues though.

I found that at Miami and Indian Wells Masters where it's usually really sunny, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to see the ball, luckily most of the best matches apart from the final are played at night, and then there are no such problems.

On the clay at Monte Carlo it's also a problem, i think it's something to do with the angle of the camera.

I still think it's well worth the $70, even more so because this year you not only get to watch all of the matches from the 9 Masters 1000 events and the Masters Cup at the end of the year, you also get to watch matches from the ATP 500 events from the quarter finals onwards, so basically all the good bits!

I'm not some sales rep for the website by the way, i just think the service is really good.

Thanks a lot. I ended up buying the season pass. It sounds like I made a good choice.