PDA

View Full Version : S&V with cheap synth gut

dieumyr
01-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi folks,

I'm a 4.0 S&V player with T-fight 295 (I'm french :))

I'm searching for a good, cheap string for my game, and I'm considering buying cheap synth gut (Tecnifibre's one for example). I want a soft string, good for volley, good speed ball and average for the rest, do you think it can be a good choice to S&V with cheap synthetic gut ?

GPB
01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Sure it can. There is one guy in particular in my area that S&V's, and uses cheapo PSGO in his Liquidmetal Radicals.

The_Question
01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
The first soft, cheap syn gut that came to my mind is, Babolat Super Fine Play...

If you want it to be even more soft, there's always Tour Nylon...

Valjean
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Alpha Gut 2000, which is actually what is called a multi-core in the trade, in the event you don't ordinarily break string. And I wouldn't even go near Tecnifibre's syn gut if I were you.

dieumyr
01-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Alpha Gut 2000, which is actually what is called a multi-core in the trade, in the event you don't ordinarily break string. And I wouldn't even go near Tecnifibre's syn gut if I were you.

:twisted: Have you been bitten by a Tecnifibre's synt gut reel ?!

mikeler
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not a serve and volleyer, but I use PSGD and really like the feel of it at the net. Gamma is the only other synthetic gut I've tried. I liked the Gamma also, but it seemed to break sooner than the PSGD.

Genesys
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not a serve and volleyer, but I use PSGD and really like the feel of it at the net. Gamma is the only other synthetic gut I've tried. I liked the Gamma also, but it seemed to break sooner than the PSGD.

Ok, I'm going to try the PSGD 17, hope this will suit.

At net, do you prefer synth gut or multis ?

mikeler
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I used Prince Pro Blend for years and then tried out a bunch of different strings after I bought my own stringer. I finally settled on synthetic gut as my string. My PSGD 16 gauge only lasts about 4 matches, but I hit with a ton of spin and fairly hard.

furyoku_tennis
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
gosen og micro and klip kickers. i usually hybrid the kickers in the main with micros in the cross.

the wise wizard
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi folks,

I'm a 4.0 S&V player with T-fight 295 (I'm french :))

I'm searching for a good, cheap string for my game, and I'm considering buying cheap synth gut (Tecnifibre's one for example). I want a soft string, good for volley, good speed ball and average for the rest, do you think it can be a good choice to S&V with cheap synthetic gut ?

i would buy a reel of prince syn gut duraflex, i tend to serve and volley alot and this is a good string because its crisp has good enough feel, but yet its not a rocket launcher

The_Question
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I used Prince Pro Blend for years and then tried out a bunch of different strings after I bought my own stringer. I finally settled on synthetic gut as my string. My PSGD 16 gauge only lasts about 4 matches, but I hit with a ton of spin and fairly hard.

If you break them often, maybe it's time to try the new Prince soft poly...

mikeler
01-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that out some time. I have my own stringer so I buy a string for playability only now. In fact, I prefer to play with fresh strings so I'm glad they don't last that long. I'm hoping I break a set this morning so I can restring while watching football later :)

hoodjem
01-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Softer and cheap synth gut? Forten Sweet 17g 1.20