PDA

View Full Version : Staying low

Hardserve
01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Most annoying issue of all I have is this..

When I get tired, my Legs tend to want to pop up too early in the middle of the drive on the forehand and backhand, not staying down long enough and this causes me to pull up out of the middle of the shot on the backfoot and ruin the drive.

At the higher level, there's no more high loopy hitting, but everything is all fast and flat and
going through the court with flatter lower bounces.

How do we stay down with the ball during our driving especially when we're tired?

phoenicks
01-10-2009, 04:09 AM
just work on your fitness and at the same time, improve your footwork to enable you to use the most efficient way of moving around the court so that you waste less energy, there's no other way around, mate.

albino smurf
01-10-2009, 06:42 AM
work on your conditioning and improve cardio for quicker recovery. To me this gets at what the difference is between the higher level players, the ability to sustain the intensity mentally and physically.

LeeD
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, getting more endurance thru lightload repititive motion and movement is the only answer.

guido88
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Really make sure that late into a match you're keeping your weight going forward into the court. It will help prevent you from standing up and make your shots heavier and more effective.