PDA

View Full Version : Where in Australia Should I move to???

HydroYang
01-10-2009, 07:50 AM
I probably will move to Australia in the next year or so, But i'm undecided on where to go....

Any Ideas...?

Hmmmm, AO is in Melbourne...

SaunderS
01-10-2009, 07:53 AM
So you're deciding where you want to spend the rest of your life instead of your parents? Anyway, some of my friends moved to Melbourne, seems like a nice place.

HydroYang
01-10-2009, 08:10 AM
So you're deciding where you want to spend the rest of your life instead of your parents? Anyway, some of my friends moved to Melbourne, seems like a nice place.

No, I do have an input too yanno!!

EPaps
01-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure I would rely on members of TT to help you decide where you're going to move..

HydroYang
01-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure I would rely on members of TT to help you decide where you're going to move..

I'm not, i'm just getting a wider view..

SaunderS
01-10-2009, 09:33 AM

+1 tenchars

EPaps
01-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm not, i'm just getting a wider view..

fair enough, move to Sydney

counter_puncher
01-10-2009, 12:19 PM
ya. sydney.

morten
01-10-2009, 01:13 PM
the best place is left out, not kidding, Perth..

pricey_aus
01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
definetly melbourne.

it is the most liveable city in australia for sure, and has got everything you need. I'm pretty sure that melbourne was voted the most liveable city in the world not that long ago?

Tim W
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Check out Tasmania if you want great views, fresh air, and hardly any traffic.

000KFACTOR90000
01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Adelaide :twisted:

stormholloway
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I've heard great things about Melbourne. On a tennis forum, I expect your answers will be bias in that direction, but Melbourne really is known to be fantastic. Perth should be on the list. It's isolated, but also known to be great.

swedechris
01-10-2009, 03:23 PM
both sydney and m-bourne are outstanding cities, i like them both , for me its a tossup.

the Oz open is in M-bourne of course and thats quite an event. good on ya .

Tempest344
01-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Melbourne or Sydney
I'd go Melbourne...sydney is probably a bit more expensive to live in

Wouldn't go for Newcastle..bit of a rough town if you ask me

Andres
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Brissy, mate :)

Tim W
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Tasmania again:
Cradle Mountain:
http://www.discovertasmania.com/__data/assets/image/0018/23913/varieties/thumb_301.jpg
Wineglass Bay:
http://worldisgreen.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/wineglass-bay.jpg
www.discovertasmania.com has a lot of info on it.

lovecr717
01-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Perth!

that's one of the most beautiful place eveerrr

westside
01-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Melbourne.

City that holds the Australian Open :)

Ronny
01-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Perth! I lived in Perth for 5 yrs and just moved to Melb. Perth is quieter but in a good way and the beaches there owns Melb. Good place to relax and the tennis there is good as well, there are many clubs there and very nice people. Melb has more clubs but the clubs there are smaller compared to Perth. In Perth, a normal club has around 24 courts as opposed to in Melb they only have around 8 or so. But if you're looking for night life, shopping and etc, then I would say Melb.

Ronny
01-11-2009, 01:50 AM
And btw, Tasmania has got to be the worst place to be...lol
It rains **** loads and is bloody boring as well, there are just no pull factors about that place.
I went there for a holiday once and don't want to go back ahah
Also, I don't think its fair fo ppl who havent been to some of the places to chose for ya....just my thought zzz

HydroYang
01-11-2009, 02:21 AM
It rains **** loads and is bloody boring as well, there are just no pull factors about that place.
Also, I don't think its fair fo ppl who havent been to some of the places to chose for ya....just my thought zzz

I know, that's why it's not on my list!
And Perth isn't because we like to ski so we want to be in the south east of the country xD
But I really wanna play tennis all the time LOL.
Thanks for the advice btw!!

halalula1234
01-11-2009, 03:06 AM
northern territory. live in the deserts

Ronny
01-11-2009, 03:47 AM
I know, that's why it's not on my list!
And Perth isn't because we like to ski so we want to be in the south east of the country xD
But I really wanna play tennis all the time LOL.
Thanks for the advice btw!!

If its skiing and tennis which you want...then defs melb. the shopping and nightlife and etc will be an extra ahaha:)

westside
01-11-2009, 03:49 AM

Tasmania is just another country in my books ;)

thundaga
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Come join us in Melbourne, we even have our own tennis warehouse! Our main tennis comp has 15 grades with 2-4 sections in each grade and spans Melbourne-wide.

It's probably the most culturally diverse city in Aus, night life is awesome and there is a plethora of other sporting events to watch.

Sold?

Tim W
01-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Tasmania is just another country in my books ;)

According to the movie Australia, it is.

Breaker
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Move to New Zealand instead, you won't regret it (much).

adams_1
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Depends what you're after. Busy city? Quieter city? Water you can drink? Adelaide water is not cool, but it's a nice place apart from that.

Duzza
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I like in Melbourne and love it. I live in a bayside suburb about 20-30mins from the city, but it's still really accessible. I've never lived anywhere else, but love living in Melbourne :) The tennis is really great too!

NickC
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
There are places to go skiing in Australia? What the hell?

Also, I reccomend Perth. My coach is from there and he said it's an amazing city, and far better than Sydney or Melbourne, and apparently the weather is perfect, and the beaches are absolutely stunning.

westside
01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Come join us in Melbourne, we even have our own tennis warehouse! Our main tennis comp has 15 grades with 2-4 sections in each grade and spans Melbourne-wide.

It's probably the most culturally diverse city in Aus, night life is awesome and there is a plethora of other sporting events to watch.

Sold?

That sentense says it all ;)

Great description of the best city in the country

halalula1234
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Move to New Zealand instead, you won't regret it (much).

yep move there nz is the best. and u wont get as sun burnt as in aus

Tim W
01-13-2009, 12:24 AM

Also, I reccomend Perth. My coach is from there and he said it's an amazing city, and far better than Sydney or Melbourne, and apparently the weather is perfect, and the beaches are absolutely stunning.

Quite a few.
Perisher
Blue Cow
Guthega
Smiggins
Charlotte Pass
Hotham.

I have most likely forgot some of them as well.

Solat
01-13-2009, 01:09 AM

Can i ask your coach's name? i might know him

Ronny
01-13-2009, 01:13 AM
yep move there nz is the best. and u wont get as sun burnt as in aus

....have u even been to aus....u rarely get sunburnt, unless for a few days in summer. but in autumn, winter and spring, its mostly cool weather with rain and etc...,mostly chill weather and rarely hot except in summer

adams_1
01-13-2009, 01:44 AM
....have u even been to aus....u rarely get sunburnt, unless for a few days in summer. but in autumn, winter and spring, its mostly cool weather with rain and etc...,mostly chill weather and rarely hot except in summer

But when it gets hot, it does it properly, at least in my part. 40 degrees here today, 44 degrees here tomorrow.

bertiefactor
01-13-2009, 04:07 AM
anyone living in perth?

i would recommend residing in melbourne, as the city is rich in culture and has a vast array of social events to attend and see. also the tennis there is big.

this is definately not a bias opinion as i live in perth

Ronny
01-13-2009, 01:23 PM
i moved from perth this yr to melb....and definitely like the weather in perth better, its bloody 39*c today......zzzz

bertiefactor
01-16-2009, 06:46 AM
haha, ur critisising on the that tempeRAture, perth hit 42.5c on friday.

several bush fires occured

Julieta
01-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I'd say Melbourne because you can play on en tout cas which is easier on the body. They have a lot of competitions. The restaurants are great too. I don't know how expensive it is to live there these days though. Perth has some fantastic coaches but I think more grass courts (which could be fine if that is your thing) and it is more difficult to travel to and from there. Adelaide has some very fine players also. Sydney is of course beautiful but I would guess it would be more expensive to live there.

Ronny
01-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd say Melbourne because you can play on en tout cas which is easier on the body. They have a lot of competitions. The restaurants are great too. I don't know how expensive it is to live there these days though. Perth has some fantastic coaches but I think more grass courts (which could be fine if that is your thing) and it is more difficult to travel to and from there. Adelaide has some very fine players also. Sydney is of course beautiful but I would guess it would be more expensive to live there.

entoucas is ***** imo, the bounces are really bad...there should be real clay.